Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Riskeh's Groups
Riskeh's Contact & Social Linksriskeh_fr
Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce my new upcoming map, Nova Prospekt!

Introduction :

Completely rebuilt with the original textures and models, rediscover this emblematic level of Half-Life 2. This time, you won't fight any combined prison guards or antlions and stuff like that, you are into Black Ops 3 but in the Half-Life 2 atmosphere!

For you guys who don't know anything about this "Nova Prospekt" thing or even the "Half-Life 2" game, then... shame on you! Hum,I'd say, play to this game.

Personnal fact : this is my favorite FPS game ever so this is the reason i'm redoing this on BO3, and I thought that for a ZM map (or  MP but I'll talk about it later) it was the most appropriate chapter from the original game.
Also I am taking a lot of my free time to do this, and I love to do it.

So, this is going to be a ZM map... "again?"

Actually, yes. I intend to make it a ZM map, because the atmosphere is worthy of it, and the map is 95% indoor, so it could be unpleasant for the new movements system (maybe not?). So I'll firstly build it as a ZM map, but if you guys really want to see one day a MP version of this, feel free to motivate me! (but wait for the zm one first lol).

Developement states :

Spoiler: click to open...
Well, I decided to separate this crazy map developement in differents states :

1 - Base map (ground, walls, terrain, adapting some measures for zombies, etc...)

2 - Texture detailing (blending, decals...)

3 - Model detailing

4 - Transform the map for zombie (adding zones, spawners, doors and debris, wall weapons, perks)

5 - Sounds and ambient

6 - Lighting

7 - Final tests and corrections

Screenshots :

Is there going to be a WIP version on steam workshop?

Yes, I'll publish it after the model detailing state, this will be a very early test release (with 1 zombie and dog spawner at the beginning) just to check if everything is correct for everyone (size of the map, some spaces that can be too easy or too hard with zombies, glitches, etc...) and in case I have to correct some other things.

Will it have an Easter Egg?

That's a surprise!

just kidding, only if I find the time to learn how to script some things but I don't promise anything :-\

Credits

Thanks to :

- Ray1235 and Scobalula, for the CoD Maya Tools 2.0 to port over the nearly 300 models.
   - DTZxPorter, for the WinImageConverter for converting the textures.
   - natesmithzombies, for the intro credits script.
   - Valve, for the original Half-Life 2 maps.

Tools and softwares used :

- VTFLib
   - Crafty
   - BSPSource
   - Hammer Editor
   - Crazybump

Notes :

Note for the #1 dev state : If you know well the original Nova Prospekt level, I am not going to reproduce EXACTLY the same "layout", I'll add some personnal things (rooms that did not exists, new paths, etc...) but I am doing my best to make it 95% the SAME map.

Note for the #4 dev state : I am not an "expert" in zombie level design, but I have a lot played zombies, and custom maps since WaW, so feel free to make suggestions :)

Note for the #5 dev state : Original Half-Life 2 songs and ambient sounds.

Note for the #6 dev state : I don't know if this is going to be day or night skybox. I tried to make some custom SSI but anything I do, seems that the sun is at maximum brightness (in and out of the sun volume, even in default_day everywhere), wierd bug or something I did wrong, decided to work on lighting at the end. I warn you, your eyes will hurt if you'll test the map lol.

Actual developement state : #1 ~50% achieved.

I will reply to this post as soon as some important modifications have been made!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
did you make it from scratch or ported it on your own? if you made it from scratch, that's pretty impressive. but if you actually ported it, which i believe you did since you mentioned BSPSrc, i'd like to know how you did it since my name isn't in the credits list.
Date Registered: 26 October 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Riskeh's Groups
did you make it from scratch or ported it on your own? if you made it from scratch, that's pretty impressive. but if you actually ported it, which i believe you did since you mentioned BSPSrc, i'd like to know how you did it since my name isn't in the credits list.

Hey

I don't really understand what you means but if you wanna know how do I proceed, I started to port over the models and textures I needed, then I use hammer editor on my second screen and try to repoduce the same on radiant things by things so that's kinda long, I started this 1 month ago
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 5 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Hey

I don't really understand what you means but if you wanna know how do I proceed, I started to port over the models and textures I needed, then I use hammer editor on my second screen and try to repoduce the same on radiant things by things so that's kinda long, I started this 1 month ago
well shit. it looks pretty damn accurate i almost thought it was ported. if you think of doing something similar in the future without having to recreate everything, consider following this tutorial http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2997.0

i'm really hyped for this map. keep up the good work!
Date Registered: 26 October 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Riskeh's Groups
well shit. it looks pretty damn accurate i almost thought it was ported. if you think of doing something similar in the future without having to recreate everything, consider following this tutorial http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2997.0

i'm really hyped for this map. keep up the good work!

Thanks! Nice tutorial by the way, I didn't know a such thing was possible  :o
But I think it must be difficult to port over all the hl2 maps, and "link" them properly since I want to make some personnal modifications to make it better in zombie mode.

But I still prefer to do it on my own, I'm having fun and i'm learning more and more mapping  :)
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
This looks incredibly good, nearly 1:1! Will we be seeing any HL2-esque weapons or enemy types as well?

Loading ...