or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch
Story

I know this is an old feature, but what happened to gaining perks on the forums?

Details

• Type:

Story
  • Priority:

Minor
  • Affects Version/s:

v0.8.83-beta

Description

This was from like 4 years ago I remember my highlight of custom zombies was coming on here, talking with the community, and downloading the newest and greatest zombie maps. I guess right now the site is still good for downloading a wide variety of maps, but I feel like theres no focus on the actual UGX community anymore. Sure, each games have their own sub-category but what about a general forum for members from all games to talk to each other (If this is already a thing sorry, I must have missed it)?

I guess here's the point that I'm really trying to get to, I don't get what members that arent map creators incentives are to post general topics about anything.. except feedback on maps, which I guess is pretty cool if you're a map creator and your trying to improve your map. I used to grind on this site to get those sweet juicy perks that displayed under my name. I couldn't care less about 'karma'. In my opinion a users reputation should be based on how active they are on the forums, not how popular your posts are.

I'm not meaning to hate at all, I love this site and it holds a lot of great memories but I feel like it's gone completely downhill from what it used to be. Latest post's in general subs are from months ago, players looking for other people to play with are out of luck as the last person to post (at least to the WaW custom lobbies sub) was months ago.

It might just be me coming back years later to a site I really liked that changed a lot, and the lack of activity on the forums could just be the game slowly losing players, but I think that some of these changes affected this site in a negative way.

Just some of my feedback coming back as an old member that used to spend a lot of time here.

People

• Assignee:

broken avatar :(
    Alexander Diller
  • Reporter:

• Votes:

Dates

• Created:

4 years ago
  • Updated:

7 months ago
  • Due Date:

N/A
  • Resolved:

3 years ago
Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
alnoise's Groups
alnoise's Contact & Social Links
This was from like 4 years ago I remember my highlight of custom zombies was coming on here, talking with the community, and downloading the newest and greatest zombie maps. I guess right now the site is still good for downloading a wide variety of maps, but I feel like theres no focus on the actual UGX community anymore. Sure, each games have their own sub-category but what about a general forum for members from all games to talk to each other (If this is already a thing sorry, I must have missed it)?

I guess here's the point that I'm really trying to get to, I don't get what members that arent map creators incentives are to post general topics about anything.. except feedback on maps, which I guess is pretty cool if you're a map creator and your trying to improve your map. I used to grind on this site to get those sweet juicy perks that displayed under my name. I couldn't care less about 'karma'. In my opinion a users reputation should be based on how active they are on the forums, not how popular your posts are.

I'm not meaning to hate at all, I love this site and it holds a lot of great memories but I feel like it's gone completely downhill from what it used to be. Latest post's in general subs are from months ago, players looking for other people to play with are out of luck as the last person to post (at least to the WaW custom lobbies sub) was months ago.

It might just be me coming back years later to a site I really liked that changed a lot, and the lack of activity on the forums could just be the game slowly losing players, but I think that some of these changes affected this site in a negative way.

Just some of my feedback coming back as an old member that used to spend a lot of time here.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971

I don't see your problem.

Yes the modding isn't much as popular as like 2016 but a lot of people are still downloading maps and mods from this website.
Since the bo3 steam workshop is included people no longer need to download them from a website.

UGX haves a discord server where people can talk about stuff.
I personal disliked the juicy perks because it won't say anything and it was uninteresting for me.
You can still see yours if you go to your profile and look at the forum rank.

The decisions made on this website are better than worse.
I can find everything I need to build cool mods plus the moderators are trying to improve this website.

If the bo3 workshop wasn't there I think the community on this website would grow like crazy but still maybe people have enough of these zombies games and want
to play fornite or something else. The bo3 modding community is not as large as waw once was.
Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:03:24 pm by gympie6
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 12 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
I totally forgot to reply here:

We moved those perks simply to the user card to reduce the clutter on the left side. (Simply click on any avatar and you'll get more info)
There are plans to add achievements, etc. but there are still some things to do before we can introduce such new feature.

Activity is indeed a problem and it both the community and us who is less active.
I wish UGX could offer more things and also bring back contests & giveaways but apparently time is very limited and most of the effort goes into site maintenance.
It would be up to the community to organize things. We (UGX) have nothing against new staff members, who can take on and keep the community happy and together.
(But community management isn't something you can do in an hour...)

Like @gympie6 said, we have a Discord where lot's of discussions went on.
I feel like forums aren't just that popular anymore and reddit, discord and steam pretty much took all of the cake, while our Forum remains to be the place for modding related things.

I'm always open for suggestions and new ideas.

Loading ...