Date Registered: 18 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
nugget850's Groups
nugget850's Contact & Social Links
The problem I'm having is that zombies will only spawn in the zone I'm currently in even if all other zones are open. For example, if I'm standing in zone 2, only zombies will spawn in zone 2, and they won't spawn in the start zone or any other zone.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 28 June 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Wolfilms's Groups
Wolfilms's Contact & Social Links
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the way it's done in black ops 3
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
nugget850's Groups
I don't think so. I've played custom maps where zombies are spawning in multiple zones.
Date Registered: 12 September 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Woah. Crazy.
RDman's Groups
RDman's Contact & Social LinksRDman12RDman12RDman13
This is how it always has worked. I believe you can overlap zones but i'm not too sure. once you are in a zone, zombies will only spawn in that zone. In co-op, zombies spawn in any zone a player is in, which means more than 1 zone spawns zombies.

This is the best way for things to happen, as it allows zombies to spawn near you, and not across the map. I don't know about you, but one of the things I hate the most is when i finish a wave, but 1 or 2 walkers I cannot seem to find, and it takes me minutes just looking around to find it.

If you really want to, I believe you can hook up zombie spawns to a trigger, on one of your doors/debris, and that will cause them to spawn no matter where you are in the map. At least it was possible back in WaW.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
nugget850's Groups
This is how it always has worked. I believe you can overlap zones but i'm not too sure. once you are in a zone, zombies will only spawn in that zone. In co-op, zombies spawn in any zone a player is in, which means more than 1 zone spawns zombies.

This is the best way for things to happen, as it allows zombies to spawn near you, and not across the map. I don't know about you, but one of the things I hate the most is when i finish a wave, but 1 or 2 walkers I cannot seem to find, and it takes me minutes just looking around to find it.

If you really want to, I believe you can hook up zombie spawns to a trigger, on one of your doors/debris, and that will cause them to spawn no matter where you are in the map. At least it was possible back in WaW.

Is this really how it's always been done? For example, if I'm playing Nacht in WAW, and I'm standing in the "help room" with all doors open, zombies will come from the spawn room and the upstairs rooms. I'll try some of the ways you mentioned to see if they work.
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
Is this really how it's always been done? For example, if I'm playing Nacht in WAW, and I'm standing in the "help room" with all doors open, zombies will come from the spawn room and the upstairs rooms. I'll try some of the ways you mentioned to see if they work.

That may be the case but we don't know if they might have just used 1 zone for the entire bottom floor which is what they probably did since its a tiny map.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
nugget850's Groups
That may be the case but we don't know if they might have just used 1 zone for the entire bottom floor which is what they probably did since its a tiny map.
Just went and noclipped into the help room on nacht, and I didn't die, so it is all one zone. Does this mean the spawners in the help room were set up to the triggers for the door and debris?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
That's strange, because on my test map I'm almost sure zombies were coming from near zones too, for example if I was on zone 1, zombie would come from Spawn and zone 1 (which are touching). I did my test map following this tutorial from uptownpapi

Maybe there's a radius around the player that triggers the zombie spawn in opened areas or something like that. I don't think Treyarch did scripts for every zombie spawn in their maps to make zombie spawn in different areas, it must be a BO3 mecanic so it should apply to your map.
Date Registered: 28 June 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Wolfilms's Groups
Wolfilms's Contact & Social Links
Things have changed since WaW and Black ops 3. I remember them saying they have redone zombies to make it play different, so this might be something they have changed
Date Registered: 12 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
reckfullies's Groups
reckfullies's Contact & Social LinksReckfulliesReckfullies
Things have changed since WaW and Black ops 3. I remember them saying they have redone zombies to make it play different, so this might be something they have changed

What do you mean since Black Ops 3? This is black ops 3 lol
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
In BO3 zombies spawn from other zones whereas in Bo 1 (maybe Bo 2) they didn't. I'm pretty sure of that, if you play any BO3 map, you can see zombies coming from everywhere and if you try to escape the area there will be zombies there already. That didn't happen back in older zombies...

To get back to the subject,@OP I think you should make sure the zones are touching... Else idk, maybe there's a wrong setting somewhere. Did you check if you have any path findind failure in your console while playing?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
nugget850's Groups
Good news, I figured out what I was doing wrong, and it fixed my problem. It turns out that zombies do spawn in zones that are adjacent to you; I was just scripting the zones incorrectly. Basically, I never scripted zones 1 and 2 as being adjacent to each other, so if I was in one zone, zombies wouldn't spawn in the other.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
The problem I'm having is that zombies will only spawn in the zone I'm currently in even if all other zones are open. For example, if I'm standing in zone 2, only zombies will spawn in zone 2, and they won't spawn in the start zone or any other zone.
the problem im having in waw is the opposite to you. see i have 10 floors (10 zones). and when i start at top (zone1) and make my way down to zone 10, then use the noclip console feature to move freely, zombies are still spawning from floors 4-10. I dont want this, thats too big of a gap, i need zombies to spawn in any given zone that im in at that time, and at most 1 or 2 zones above me. Do you know how to acheive this?

thanks in advance

Loading ...