Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I started mapping the new map and nothing was working. I already fixed perks, but for some reason wallweapons dont have hintstring and PaP only has one, when power is not on. Cant use either of them. And I copied the files from Project C  :-\
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I started mapping the new map and nothing was working. I already fixed perks, but for some reason wallweapons dont have hintstring and PaP only has one, when power is not on. Cant use either of them. And I copied the files from Project C  :-\

Sounds like something to do with your zombiemode_weapons. Did you try using the default one to isolate the location of the issue?
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 3 hours ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Sounds like something to do with your zombiemode_weapons. Did you try using the default one to isolate the location of the issue?

I have done so many modifications to _zombiemode_weapons, that it would be impossible to pinpoint it using stock one. I even added all of the scripts from Project C to test
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I have done so many modifications to _zombiemode_weapons, that it would be impossible to pinpoint it using stock one. I even added all of the scripts from Project C to test

Right, what I mean is if you un check the one in your mods, it should use the one in your raw, and if you didn't modify that one and it works, then you have a better idea that the issue is in that gsc then. Then you can start looking for the issue.

Edit: Then you can start putting print lines in to check what code is running, and status of vars.

Edit: Also, maybe double check you compiled with the right mod selected?
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:50:38 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Right, what I mean is if you un check the one in your mods, it should use the one in your raw, and if you didn't modify that one and it works, then you have a better idea that the issue is in that gsc then. Then you can start looking for the issue.

Edit: Then you can start putting print lines in to check what code is running, and status of vars.

Edit: Also, maybe double check you compiled with the right mod selected?

It is in _zombiemode_weapons, compiled with stock one and they work now. But what function could it be thats messed now?
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:57:17 pm by HitmanVere
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
It is in _zombiemode_weapons, compiled with stock one and they work now. But what function could it be, thats messed now?

Well it threads the weapons right away. Could be the prefabs without correct kvps for some reason. It could be that weapon_spawns array in init_weapon_upgrade is empty? Could be one of the first couple calls to functions are stopping the process for some reason.

Edit: You could try testing by adding prints to each function to see which doesn't print, then the previous one would be the one stalling it, if that is the case that is. In each funciton the first line would be iprintlnbold("this function is running");
These functions:
   init_weapons();
   init_weapon_upgrade();
   init_pay_turret();
   init_weapon_cabinet();
   treasure_chest_init();

Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:13:15 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Well it threads the weapons right away. Could be the prefabs without correct kvps for some reason. It could be that weapon_spawns array in init_weapon_upgrade is empty? Could be one of the first couple calls to functions are stopping the process for some reason.

Edit: You could try testing by adding prints to each function to see which doesn't print, then the previous one would be the one stalling it, if that is the case that is. In each funciton the first line would be iprintlnbold("this function is running");
These functions:
   init_weapons();
   init_weapon_upgrade();
   init_pay_turret();
   init_weapon_cabinet();
   treasure_chest_init();

Added in the prints, none of them printed :/
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Added in the prints, none of them printed :/

I assume you rechecked you gsc when you build you mod again? (and saved of course)

Edit, and sorry, you could just:
   init_weapons();
   iprintlnbold("weapons ran");
   init_weapon_upgrade();
   iprintlnbold("upgrade");
   init_pay_turret();
   iprintlnbold("turret");
   init_weapon_cabinet();
   iprintlnbold("cabinet");
   treasure_chest_init();
   iprintlnbold("chest");
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:25:06 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I assume you rechecked you gsc when you build you mod again? (and saved of course)

Edit, and sorry, you could just:
   init_weapons();
   iprintlnbold("weapons ran");
   init_weapon_upgrade();
   iprintlnbold("upgrade");
   init_pay_turret();
   iprintlnbold("turret");
   init_weapon_cabinet();
   iprintlnbold("cabinet");
   treasure_chest_init();
   iprintlnbold("chest");

Added that, no prints. Added wait line and stuff went nuts, but prints worked that time XD But still no working PaP/wallweapons
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Added that, no prints. Added wait line and stuff went nuts, but prints worked that time XD But still no working PaP/wallweapons

Oh shit, that's right, lol, didn't wait for player to see the line, duh, my bad. If all prints played, I'd look at printing the weapons array then to see if it is empty then....

iprintlnbold("weapons size:", level.zombie_include_weapons.size);//after the players connect of course this time, face palm
and in the inti_weapon_upgraded function check the size of weapon_spawns since that is were it is set.

And of course check that you included the weapons in that script that you have in your map, which I figured you did aleady.
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:53:15 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Oh shit, that's right, lol, didn't wait for player to see the line, duh, my bad. If all prints played, I'd look at printing the weapons array then to see if it is empty then....

iprintlnbold("weapons size:", level.zombie_include_weapons.size);//after the players connect of course this time, face palm
and in the inti_weapon_upgraded function check the size of weapon_spawns since that is were it is set.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
init_weapon_upgrade()
{
weapon_spawns = [];
weapon_spawns = GetEntArray( "weapon_upgrade", "targetname" );

iprintlnbold("weapons size:", level.zombie_include_weapons.size);

for( i = 0; i < weapon_spawns.size; i++ )
{
hint_string = get_weapon_hint( weapon_spawns[i].zombie_weapon_upgrade );

weapon_spawns[i] SetHintString( hint_string );
weapon_spawns[i] setCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
weapon_spawns[i] UseTriggerRequireLookAt();

weapon_spawns[i] thread weapon_spawn_think();
model = getent( weapon_spawns[i].target, "targetname" );
model hide();
}
}

Added it there, nothing
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Code Snippet
Plaintext
init_weapon_upgrade()
{
weapon_spawns = [];
weapon_spawns = GetEntArray( "weapon_upgrade", "targetname" );

iprintlnbold("weapons size:", level.zombie_include_weapons.size);

for( i = 0; i < weapon_spawns.size; i++ )
{
hint_string = get_weapon_hint( weapon_spawns[i].zombie_weapon_upgrade );

weapon_spawns[i] SetHintString( hint_string );
weapon_spawns[i] setCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
weapon_spawns[i] UseTriggerRequireLookAt();

weapon_spawns[i] thread weapon_spawn_think();
model = getent( weapon_spawns[i].target, "targetname" );
model hide();
}
}

Added it there, nothing

may have to add it somewhere else after all these scripts run, maybe in a loop. Sounds like it wasn't initialized yet at this point in the script... Either that or you kvps in your prefabs don't match

If you have waits in and getting prints, I would add prints after it sets hint strings too
Code Snippet
Plaintext
iprintlnbold(weapon_spawns[i].zombie_weapon_upgrade);

If nothing prints then that could be the start of finding the issue, its not seeing any weapons. If it does print, hmmmmm. It sets the hintstring there... Not sure, you should at least get hintstring. If you do, but can't buy weapon, then we can look down in weapon_spawn_think() prob
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:04:26 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
may have to add it somewhere else after all these scripts run, maybe in a loop. Sounds like it wasn't initialized yet at this point in the script... Either that or you kvps in your prefabs don't match

If you have waits in and getting prints, I would add prints after it sets hint strings too
Code Snippet
Plaintext
iprintlnbold(weapon_spawns[i].zombie_weapon_upgrade);

If nothing prints then that could be the start of finding the issue, its not seeing any weapons. If it does print, hmmmmm. It sets the hintstring there... Not sure, you should at least get hintstring. If you do, but can't buy weapon, then we can look down in weapon_spawn_think() prob

I added the loop in init and it says 84 weapons 0_o
Then I added the print under setting hintstring and nothing prints out
In Radiant, I just trigger with these KVPs:
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I added the loop in init and it says 84 weapons 0_o
Then I added the print under setting hintstring and nothing prints out
In Radiant, I just trigger with these KVPs:
(Image removed from quote.)

Wow, hmm, all I can say is maybe send me your vs of weapons, and maybe one of your weapons. (like those 1887's) lol, just kidding. but I can take a look at the script some time this weekend if you don't fix it by then. It works with the default script I guess we have to remember. So it should be something done to this script I would guess..... Does using the default script fix your pap issue too?
Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:30:03 pm by MakeCents
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Wow, hmm, all I can say is maybe send me your vs of weapons, and maybe one of your weapons. (like those 1887's) lol, just kidding. but I can take a look at the script some time this weekend if you don't fix it by then. It works with the default script I guess we have to remember. So it should be something done to this script I would guess..... Does using the default script fix your pap issue too?

Yeah, it does take the gun, but doesnt give it back :I

Loading ...