broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
for about a week now ive been trying to teach myself how to animate models. ive looked through the animation files for the single player maps, ive read multiple tutorials, and looked through the forum and i still cant get any of my animations to play. ive even tried using some of the script from the berl1 map that animates the birds that fly around but nothing works. it either doesnt move or the map loads and then freezes on the black screen after clicking to start the game after the level is finished loading. can anyone please teach me how to properly animate models?
Marked as best answer by buttkicker845 9 years ago
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
buttkicker845's Groups
thanks man! i think my problem was i wasn't including the xamin, in my csv but it works now! :)

Double Post Merge: March 04, 2015, 05:14:43 pm
although for some reason when the animation starts the bird model jumps like 3 feet up and to the left. any idea how to keep it from moving when the animation starts?
Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:14:43 pm by buttkicker845
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie

although for some reason when the animation starts the bird model jumps like 3 feet up and to the left. any idea how to keep it from moving when the animation starts?

Did you convert the anim as 'relative' in ass-man?

--

are the origin / angles in this line corect ( other words, is it the model that calls this function ( dunno if you changed some stuff or not)

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	self animscripted( "flag_idle", self.origin, self.angles, %NAME_OF_THE_ANIM_FILE );

---

Or the animations just starts in that position ( change in maya ), or it could maybe be the animated_model you converted. When making anims for models Always animate j_mainroot or tag_animate if one of those is there,  and not tag_origin, also export the animated_model from the 'idle' position, not sure if that's a must but whenever i do it like that it works..

Also keep in mind  this script is looping this animation, but if your anim isn't made to loop ( so the start and end positions dont match ) that could cause a 'jump' in the anim as well when it's restarting..
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
buttkicker845's Groups
its not a model or animation that i converted, its all from the stock game. its a bird and when the animation starts it jumps. and when it starts the animation over it jumps again. and i also changed the script that it wasnt looping since the animation is already a looping animation. but now it just jumps once and continues to play the animation
Date Registered: 4 May 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
The world will always underestimate me...until i show them what my creativity is capable of.
Erthrock's Groups
Take a look at this topic:

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=4199.msg46509#msg46509
how to you export the xanim from maya i have toms plugin but when I try to export it, it will nver work.

Loading ...