My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
My preferred name is "xSanchez78".
Check me out here: www.steamcommunity.com/id/xSanchez78
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
Hey guys I've been getting the error in the title that has to do with sounds.
I read the UGX wiki page that covers this, and it explained how it works, but nothing useful towards how to fix it. I also checked 'configstrings' in console and apparently I can only play 191 unique sounds by script, and then it crashes. I get this error usually around 30-35 with two players, and I could just imagine how devastating this would be 4 players, with two times all the VO. Is there anyway to help this?
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Hey guys I've been getting the error in the title that has to do with sounds.
I read the UGX wiki page that covers this, and it explained how it works, but nothing useful towards how to fix it. I also checked 'configstrings' in console and apparently I can only play 191 unique sounds by script, and then it crashes. I get this error usually around 30-35 with two players, and I could just imagine how devastating this would be 4 players, with two times all the VO. Is there anyway to help this?

When I got this the only way I could fix it was to reduce the number of hud elements in the map (so like shaders and such), map ran fine in solo but would refuse to load in co-op giving this error until I removed some shaders.
Date Registered: 30 December 2012
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
alaurenc9's Contact & Social LinksxSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78xSanchez78
When I got this the only way I could fix it was to reduce the number of hud elements in the map (so like shaders and such), map ran fine in solo but would refuse to load in co-op giving this error until I removed some shaders.
Like I said, I know what is overflowing, sounds. And besides I don't have any HUD elements running in my mod besides score HUD. Perks, powerups, round HUD, hitmarkers, all of that is in menu for me.
Marked as best answer by alaurenc9 8 years ago
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I read the UGX wiki page that covers this, and it explained how it works, but nothing useful towards how to fix it.
lol seriously? Nothing useful towards fixing it? It tells you exactly how to see what strings are throwing you over the limit. It's up to you to figure out wtf you did to cause it.

Specifically regarding sounds it tells you to stop using playsoundatposition(). There's literally a list of things for you to do at the bottom of the page under "Additional".
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
lol seriously? Nothing useful towards fixing it? It tells you exactly how to see what strings are throwing you over the limit. It's up to you to figure out wtf you did to cause it.

Specifically regarding sounds it tells you to stop using playsoundatposition(). There's literally a list of things for you to do at the bottom of the page under "Additional".
I told you, I know what strings push me over the limit. It's sounds. And I looked at all the sounds that use playsoundatposition(), and they were all together with all the other sounds, so what would that help? ( I'm not saying your wrong, I'm seriously asking, what would that help? ). And "Additional" had to do with removing unnecessary precache's, but again what would that help with sounds?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I told you, I know what strings push me over the limit. It's sounds. And I looked at all the sounds that use playsoundatposition(), and they were all together with all the other sounds, so what would that help? ( I'm not saying your wrong, I'm seriously asking, what would that help? ). And "Additional" had to do with removing unnecessary precache's, but again what would that help with sounds?
The limit is to do with overall string counts, not specific types. When you exceed the limits within a certain type category it just starts overwriting old entries. Read the page very carefully you need to understand how the error works before you can fix it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
The limit is to do with overall string counts, not specific types. When you exceed the limits within a certain type category it just starts overwriting old entries. Read the page very carefully you need to understand how the error works before you can fix it.
I did read the page carefully. But can you explain like, overwriting old entries? If it does that, why would it overflow? Just explain it more please.

And I am pretty sure it has to do with sounds because every time I've crashed, it shows me a sound alias name of something I had just recently done to play another unique sound.
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
G_FindConfigStringIndex overflow is due to the game running out of a total of 1024 assets from precache (or so it seems).

It'll throw the error when the game runs out of space in the "create" array (which checks to see if it has a free space in the array).
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
alaurenc9's Groups
Ok well after getting the error a couple more times, I realized they were all PlaySoundAtPosition sounds giving the error, which I now understand is because other forms of playing sounds will start overwriting old entries like u said trem, but PlaySoundAtPosition is just fuckshitup-stupid and decides to crash when the space is full. Anyways I replaced it with _PlaySoundAtPosition and made this in my utility file:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
_PlaySoundAtPosition( sound, origin )
{
level thread _PlaySoundAtPosition_thread( sound, origin );
}

_PlaySoundAtPosition_thread( sound, origin )
{
temp_ent = Spawn( "script_origin", origin );
temp_ent PlaySound( sound, "sounddone" );
temp_ent waittill( "sounddone" );
wait 0.05;
temp_ent Delete();
}
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Ok well after getting the error a couple more times, I realized they were all PlaySoundAtPosition sounds giving the error, which I now understand is because other forms of playing sounds will start overwriting old entries like u said trem, but PlaySoundAtPosition is just fuckshitup-stupid and decides to crash when the space is full. Anyways I replaced it with _PlaySoundAtPosition and made this in my utility file:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
_PlaySoundAtPosition( sound, origin )
{
level thread _PlaySoundAtPosition_thread( sound, origin );
}

_PlaySoundAtPosition_thread( sound, origin )
{
temp_ent = Spawn( "script_origin", origin );
temp_ent PlaySound( sound, "sounddone" );
temp_ent waittill( "sounddone" );
wait 0.05;
temp_ent Delete();
}
Don't need a custom function one already exists.

Loading ...