Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Raatn
mala15's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
mala15's Contact & Social Links
Hi,

when making my map and trying to register damage done to zombies, I noticed that the shotgun damage you get from:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
self waittill( "damage", amount, attacker, direction_vec, point, type ); 

is way lower than the actual damage a shotgun do, so if DT2.0 scripts only double the damage from this 'waittill', it only marginally increases shotgun damage.

Have anyone else noticed or checked this out?
I don't think it should matter if it's UGX or not because that damage number comes directly from the engine or?
Fairly new to cod scripting so please correct me if I'm way of?;)

I had to make a check for health pre damage and post damage to get around this on my map at least.

Thanks
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
depends where the shot hit

arm? neck? Torso?

each has a different multiplier

use:

self.damagelocation
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:01:54 am by Harry Bo21
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Damage is registered based on pellet not total iirc. I'll have to check on that later.
Date Registered: 4 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
depends where the shot hit

arm? neck? Torso?

each has a different multiplier

use:

self.damagelocation

I thought the shotgun shot many "bullets" or pellets at the same time and the waittill function only gave you damage for one of these pellets, so DT 2.0 only works for one of the many pellets hits, which makes the DT2.0 work on only a percentage of the total damage. At least my damage tracking never ones gave me the right damage for shotguns, but always for the other guns.
Hence the need to track health pre damage and compare it to post damage for DT2.0 to work on my map with shotguns.

Damage is registered based on pellet not total iirc. I'll have to check on that later.

Would you mind sharing what you learn when you check?

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.

I thought the shotgun shot many "bullets" or pellets at the same time and the waittill function only gave you damage for one of these pellets, so DT 2.0 only works for one of the many pellets hits, which makes the DT2.0 work on only a percentage of the total damage. At least my damage tracking never ones gave me the right damage for shotguns, but always for the other guns.
Hence the need to track health pre damage and compare it to post damage for DT2.0 to work on my map with shotguns.

Would you mind sharing what you learn when you check?

Put it in a loop so it "repeatadly" checks for damage then, should catch every hit if you do it right

Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:14:57 pm by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
Put it in a loop so it "repeatadly" checks for damage then, should catch every hit if you do it right

Ok, I just tested again, and I'm fairly certain I'm right if this is the standard DT2.0 code, please look my testing over.

Test:
Gave zombie 10 000 life.

Used this code to check zombies damage and add DT2.0 damage:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
double_tap_2_test()
{

i = 0;
while( 1 )
{

self waittill( "damage", damage, attacker, direction_vec, point, type);

//ConcictionNDR code:
if(attacker HasPerk("specialty_rof") && ( type == "MOD_PISTOL_BULLET" || type == "MOD_RIFLE_BULLET" ) )
{
if(self.health > damage)
{
  self DoDamage( damage*1, point, attacker, type ); // change 1 to 0.## to do less than double damage double tap 2.0
   IPrintLN("Added " + damage + " Damage");
  //damage = damage * 1.25;
}
    else
    {
      // Do Nothing
}
}
//End ConcictionNDR

iprintln("***************");
iprintln("Loop: " + i);
iprintln("Damage: " + damage);
iprintln("Health: " + self.health);

if( !IsDefined( self ) )
{
return;
}
i++;
}

}

Here is the output for 5 shotgun shot close range to the chest, without Double Tap 2.0:

Ignore the green health text...it was another loop reporting health.

Here is the output for 5 shotgun shot close range to the chest, WITH Double Tap 2.0:

From my testing it does exactly what it should do if DT2.0 does not work on shotguns....it only doubles the 250 damage reported....making normal DT2.0 only work 12.5% effective for shotgun damage.

Am I doing something else wrong that I'm overlooking or isn't this the normal way to create DT2.0?

The only way around it as I see it is to have the health pre and post damage checks to account for shotguns.

Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
now I know its "my" double tap your using its different lol

Ill take a look at it later today, but no as far as i know it doesnt count properly on shotguns
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
now I know its "my" double tap your using its different lol

Ill take a look at it later today, but no as far as i know it doesnt count properly on shotguns

what do you mean by "now I know its "my" double tap your using its different lol"?

I copied it from conviction in a forum post for this example...there is credit in the code:p

Ok, cool please report your findings:)
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
are you not the guy i spoke to in chat earlier? I thought you were, my mistake lol

didnt mean anything derogatory by it lol, just meant its easier to work out the problem. Im guessing this isnt mine then, as it didnt exist when that map was made, but is done a similar way

In any case my original point still stands, Ill have a look and see if i can figure it out lol
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
mala15's Groups
are you not the guy i spoke to in chat earlier? I thought you were, my mistake lol

didnt mean anything derogatory by it lol, just meant its easier to work out the problem. Im guessing this isnt mine then, as it didnt exist when that map was made, but is done a similar way

In any case my original point still stands, Ill have a look and see if i can figure it out lol

ok, yeah i was;)
hehe ok, understand now:)

Loading ...