Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Chunkdogg9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Chunkdogg9's Contact & Social LinksChunkdogg9Chunkdogg00Chunkdogg9
Hello Everyone,

I've tried using the woo elevator prefab and change it to make a own custom elevator but im having trouble with the whole thing.

I was wondering if someone could me with everything like make a trigger that makes the elevator go up and down and make a door type thing on it to stop people from jumping out. Kinda like one that comes out of the floor of the elevator.

I would like help with this cause this cause this is something big I want in my map.

broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
NaviLlicious's Contact & Social LinksNaviLliciousNaviLlusShore
I pulled this script and edited It some I'm no scripter so this could be wrong but
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

init()
{
level.elevator = getentarray("elemavator", "targetname");
level.barrier = getentarray("elemavatorbar", "targetname");
level.buytrig1 = getent("trigger1", "targetname");
level.buytrig2 = getent("trigger2", 'targetname");
level.speed = 10;
level.below = -100;
level.up = 105;
level.high = 350;
level.downer = -350;
for( i = 0; i < level.elevator.size; i++ )
level.elevator[i] thread elevator_think();
}

elevator_think()
{
self thread go_down();
wait 15;
self thread go_up();
wait 15;
self thread elevator_think();
}

go_down()
{
flag_wait( "electricity_on" );
buytrig1 waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.below, level.speed);
}

go_up()
{
buytrig2_waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.up, level.speed);
}
you will obviously have to change how many units you want the elevator to move and you will need to add the trigger, this Is without the barrier since I'm not a scripter I would have to play around with this until I figured out a way lol this Is also untested so It may or may not come with an error or two also It will wait until the power Is turned on until It will move
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I pulled this script and edited It some I'm no scripter so this could be wrong but
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

init()
{
level.elevator = getentarray("elemavator", "targetname");
level.barrier = getentarray("elemavatorbar", "targetname");
level.buytrig1 = getent("trigger1", "targetname");
level.buytrig2 = getent("trigger2", 'targetname");
level.speed = 10;
level.below = -100;
level.up = 105;
level.high = 350;
level.downer = -350;
for( i = 0; i < level.elevator.size; i++ )
level.elevator[i] thread elevator_think();
}

elevator_think()
{
self thread go_down();
wait 15;
self thread go_up();
wait 15;
self thread elevator_think();
}

go_down()
{
buytrig1 waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.below, level.speed);
}

go_up()
{
buytrig2_waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.up, level.speed);
}
you will obviously have to change how many units you want the elevator to move and you will need to add the trigger, this Is without the barrier since I'm not a scripter I would have to play around with this until I figured out a way lol this Is also untested so It may or may not come with an error or two also It will wait until the power Is turned on until It will move
Do not use this script, it has no failsafes for players jumping/moving inside of the elevator. Either jumping should be disabled on all riders or they should be linked to a struct which is linked to the elevator.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
Do not use this script, it has no failsafes for players jumping/moving inside of the elevator. Either jumping should be disabled on all riders or they should be linked to a struct which is linked to the elevator.
There wasn't meant to be one for this script this elevator script Is meant to be used for elevators that we use In the real world, the barrier would have been the closing door, that way players could not jump out of the elevator but also don't get stuck while moving I had tested the elevator script without the trigger and barrier additions and the script itself works fine for an elevator that goes up and down on a loop
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
There wasn't meant to be one for this script this elevator script Is meant to be used for elevators that we use In the real world, the barrier would have been the closing door, that way players could not jump out of the elevator but also don't get stuck while moving I had tested the elevator script without the trigger and barrier additions and the script itself works fine for an elevator that goes up and down on a loop
Trem is correct, there are no fail safes.
Although you have tested the script, this does not mean that it is glitch/bug free. There are many things to take into consideration when having the player ride on a moving object.

Like trem said, the player movement must be either restricted or prevent jumping. I would suggest that you prevent jumping due to the fact that if you jump while the elevator is moving up, the player can clip into the ground, thus getting stuck and not being able to move.

Another issue that could occur using an elevator script would involve doors (which yours does not included, very "real world" indeed), which would have to push players into the elevator or have perfect timing to prevent players from being stuck in them.

Lastly zombie pathing would be disrupted when riding the elevator and the zombies would not know where or what to go for. For this I would suggest that you add a point of interest that the zombies go after while the players are on the elevator.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
NaviLlicious's Groups
Trem is correct, there are no fail safes.
Although you have tested the script, this does not mean that it is glitch/bug free. There are many things to take into consideration when having the player ride on a moving object.

Like trem said, the player movement must be either restricted or prevent jumping. I would suggest that you prevent jumping due to the fact that if you jump while the elevator is moving up, the player can clip into the ground, thus getting stuck and not being able to move.

Another issue that could occur using an elevator script would involve doors (which yours does not included, very "real world" indeed), which would have to push players into the elevator or have perfect timing to prevent players from being stuck in them.

Lastly zombie pathing would be disrupted when riding the elevator and the zombies would not know where or what to go for. For this I would suggest that you add a point of interest that the zombies go after while the players are on the elevator.
I have tested jumping In the elevator and there was no issue with players getting stuck, I thought I said that the barriers would be included once I found out how to add them correctly but I may have forgot to say that my apologies and those would be the doors that close and open for the elevator, as for pathing there was a script that killed the zombies when you went a certain distance from the zombies and respawn them In the closest zone to the player so the zombies can reach the player http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2928.15 thanks again DualVII, like I said I'm not much of a scriptor I'm trying to learn and thought I could try to help I will admit there will probably be bugs and glitches with this script but also like I said I have tested the moving elevator itself and have had no problems when moving or jumping In the elevator while It's going up or down and am trying to figure out how I would add the doors so they open/close by themselves, a temporary fix would be to make the elevator shaft so you can't move forward out the open door until It has hit either the top floor or the bottom floor If I'm making any sense, I would also like to add the original script of this Is not mine I just edited It to try and fit the OP's request I am not taking credit for the original script whatsoever I don't remember who It was originally from unfortunately but like I said I take no credit for the script Itself I just altered It to try to help the OP
Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 03:37:14 am by NaviLlicious

Loading ...