Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Joeycx's Contact & Social Links
I've been trying to get the bipod versions of guns working but it never seems to work. I've also noticed that my mantle tool doesn't work in game when i try to mantle over things. The tutorial i used was this (http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_MP_-_Adding_Turrets)

If anyone got this working it or have any insight, any help is appreciated!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ZombieSlayerr115
Signature
Please. Save me.
isaacscott935's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
isaacscott935's Contact & Social LinksZombieSlayerr115isaac935
Hey,

I can see why people struggle with this. Add your weapon into the game by right clicking on your 2D window in radiant, then weapon -> weapon_name -> bipod

When this is added you need to add a turret. Not a turret as in a gun, but a misc_turret.
Right click on your 2D window again select misc -> turret.
Then, copy the KVPs the page that you linked has (under the Singleplayer turrets title) of the gun that you're adding.

For example, if I was doing the MG42, I would add a misc_turret and set the KVPs as:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
model          mounted_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weaponinfo          mg42_bipod_stand

and the classname KVP should be there automatically.
Then add the mod.csv lines for your gun that it displayed on the page, so for mine it would be:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
// MG42
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_crouch
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_stand
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_prone
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod
weapon,sp/50cal_turret_technical
xmodel,mounted_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,mounted_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,viewmodel_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,viewmodel_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg_mg42
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Hey,

I can see why people struggle with this. Add your weapon into the game by right clicking on your 2D window in radiant, then weapon -> weapon_name -> bipod

When this is added you need to add a turret. Not a turret as in a gun, but a misc_turret.
Right click on your 2D window again select misc -> turret.
Then, copy the KVPs the page that you linked has (under the Singleplayer turrets title) of the gun that you're adding.

For example, if I was doing the MG42, I would add a misc_turret and set the KVPs as:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
model          mounted_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
Code Snippet
Plaintext
weaponinfo          mg42_bipod_stand

and the classname KVP should be there automatically.
Then add the mod.csv lines for your gun that it displayed on the page, so for mine it would be:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
// MG42
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_crouch
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_stand
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod_prone
weapon,sp/mg42_bipod
weapon,sp/50cal_turret_technical
xmodel,mounted_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,mounted_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,viewmodel_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,viewmodel_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg42_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg42_bipod_mg
xmodel,weapon_ger_mg_mg42

I already tried this but it only gives me a turret not a place to set a deployable weapon at. The mount clip doesn't work as well as my mantle over clip. (ex: gets mg42 bipod out of box and goes to a ledge that has mount clip, mounts gun and is able to shoot until ammo runs out instead of overheating.)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I already tried this but it only gives me a turret not a place to set a deployable weapon at. The mount clip doesn't work as well as my mantle over clip. (ex: gets mg42 bipod out of box and goes to a ledge that has mount clip, mounts gun and is able to shoot until ammo runs out instead of overheating.)
Unfortunately as fair as im aware...you cannot do that in Waw at all...the bipods only increase accuracy i think when going prone...that's about it but i do think that was a cut feature.
Date Registered: 24 September 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
ZombieSlayerr115
isaacscott935's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
isaacscott935's Contact & Social LinksZombieSlayerr115isaac935
I don’t think there’s a stock rechargeable mountable LMG but adding bipeds and mounting animations is possible. Just follow everything on the UGX Wiki tutorial and it will work.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
I don’t think there’s a stock rechargeable mountable LMG but adding bipeds and mounting animations is possible. Just follow everything on the UGX Wiki tutorial and it will work.

I've seen it used multiple times, and i don't think we're thinking in the same level, i'm thinking of something like this

To mount a machine gun, go up to any leveled surface (e.g. a windowsill or sandbags), and a message saying "press and hold 'use' to mount weapon". The bipod can only be used when the message shows up, and it can no longer be used while prone. (From the cod wiki)

Having a bipod weapon and mounting the "same" weapon on a surface. (Has a mg42 bipod, goes up to a mounting spot, and use the same gun as the mount)

Loading ...