Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
I know how to make custom sounds but I don't know how to use one as a background song. For example in Prison Mission by ZK and Mob of the Dead there is music playing in the background. I have the sounds and can use them in the jukebox or by trigger but I don't know how to set them to be background music.

P.S. I also have custom round change music as well and I don't want the two to play at the same time.

My attempt which failed was to go into dlc_share.csv and change this line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
mx_zombie_wave_1,Stream\Music\Mission\zombie\mx_wave_1.wav,,,0.1,0.1,,,,,,,music,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,looping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
by just adding my sound like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
mx_zombie_wave_1,amb\motd.wav,,,0.1,0.1,,,,,,,music,,,0,,,,,,,2d,streamed,,looping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,
and adding sound,dlc_share,,all_sp to my mod.csv in launcher
But It didn't work.

If I leave dlc_share.csv alone I can hear the default zombie background music playing quietly in the background in my map so if I can just change that sound to mine then all world work, i'm guessing.
If someone can help me out that would be awesome.  :)
broken avatar :(
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
You could create a trigger_touch at the beginning of your map and at some other places to play custom sounds and music, but I've also sen some tutorials arround how to create ambient sounds, checking them out might help you.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Thanks what websites? I've been looking but I cant seem to find background music? I can set them to triggers but It might cause problems later such as music playing over each other. I know how to make other sounds such as looping from a struct or a playing when triggered. This is the one that I couldn't find a clear tutorial on.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Yaph1l posted this link some day's ago, havent taken a deep look into it so don't know if it's any good to you..
Maybe there's something else on CoD-Wiki about background-music, dunno..

http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_SP_-_Enviromental_Audio_System
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Sweet I can probably use this and make each room have its own sounds. Sweet! I'm gonna bookmark this. Thanks BluntStuffy.   ;D  :D
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
NP. I looks like a pretty cool and usefull way to set up sounds! To bad i saw this to late for the Sumpf-update  :( But i will def give it a try to!

Loading ...