More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
---{ AGC's Releases }---
AGC's Black Ops 2 Shader Pack! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=629
AGC's Origins Hud! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=1022

---{ AGC's Tutorials }---
Fix Custom Weapons Not Going Into The Box! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=696
Wild_LD's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
AGC Prefabs Introduction!
Hey guys, I have a map almost ready for release in WaW. After that I really won't be making a map until BO3 mod tools are out because the new tools just look so much better and easier to use so I figured that instead of making a new map now I will just wait for BO3 tools to release to make the map and just spend my time now designing the map layout, easter eggs, story, name and everything except actually building the map. I hope that makes sense xD Anyway, since I won't be actually building a new map for a while I decided that I'd just keep practicing and expanding my knowledge in radiant and modding. I am going to take this time to learn and master things that I never really used before such an working with patches and vertex's to make unique terrain, alpha blending textures, using the Advanced Patch Editing Tool to make terrain and even some scripting! I am going to be making little structures and scenes using these to practice. The little things I create and feel are good I will release for people to download and use in their map if they wish.

About this bridge prefab!
So this bridge was made for practice with certain things such as working with patches and alpha blending. The bridge is made of stone textures with a road on top and grass on the bottom for the ground. The ground alpha blends into dirt which fills a tunnel under the bridge where there is a small pocket of water. The road patches and grass patches are made flat around the edges so they can be easily edited / expanded upon if you so wish to do so. If you don't understand any of that just take a look at the images down below.

Credits!
- Myself for making this scene
- Treyarch for the tools
- Black Jack Jonny for the bridge idea that I basically expanded upon and changed a little so I could practice creating a bridge on my own.

Yes the bridge is similar but it is not exact and is obviously expanded upon. I used his videos for help as in the alpha blending and terrain tutorials. So before you all yell at me just know its not an exact copy, I was simply learning from that video and gave it a shot. (If any moderators think it's "not original enough" or whatever just let me know)

Please Note!
I haven't actually compiled and looked at the map in game so if the water texture doesn't load right or anything like that,for example I know the texture on the road doesn't perfectly line up right, just know that you'll have to just go in and fix it but stuff like that is easy to fix anyway.

If you use this in your map be sure to credit me!

Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:46:42 pm by AGC Trolling
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
+1 since it's a bridge :P
Date Registered: 7 January 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
+1 since it's a bridge :P

Haha thanks man :)

Loading ...