UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Game Dev Video Tutorials (Game Maker: Studio)

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by JR-Imagine
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
I've decided to share my knowledge regarding game development with the community here so I've started a game development tutorial series, I will update this topic whenever a new video gets published. :)

#1: Introduction to GM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgLcwG9DoK4&index=1&list=PLxEsx5EZAe1_f6cqh3mW3G-vrylvyEE2P

#2: Platformer Basics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Ni6SwLBck&index=2&list=PLxEsx5EZAe1_f6cqh3mW3G-vrylvyEE2P

Download Game Maker: Studio: http://yoyogames.com/studio
Swag Commander ( ͡
Date Registered: 12 January 2014
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
Wasn't this the engine that many people used to create fan-made Mario games?

Either way, looks interesting ;)
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Wasn't this the engine that many people used to create fan-made Mario games?

Either way, looks interesting ;)
It's used for lots of things. It was mocked on a lot a couple years ago (even simply for it's name) but has become a respected engine as there's quite a few great games made with it now, eg: Gunpoint.
Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:16:11 pm by JR-Imagine
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
It's used for lots of things. It was mocked on a lot a couple years ago (even simply for it's name) but has become a respected engine as there's quite a few great games made with it now, eg: Gunpoint.
Yeah, it was seriously mocked. Also, it wasn't just Mario games, I came to the GMC (Game Maker Community) in 2008, wanting to know how to make a zoniczoniczonic game, and I will say it's not as easy as it looks. Especially when the response you give back to people giving you advice is 'I don't know how to do that, I'm a noob here.' Goddamn 7yr old me. Also, if you want to really know how to make a platformer, find Damizean's shit for Game-Maker. It includes a custom animation system by state for Sonic, a 360 degree dynamic turning system based on tile clips, and a really smart (but hard to figure out) way of handling all collisions by activating a script on a collide.

I still use GM8, got it back when it was 20$ and it still serves me well without the expensive and for the the majority of it, unchanged software.

TL;DR
Find Damizean's Sonic-Engines for Game Maker, they have lots of cool shit that you can learn off of.
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:51:28 pm by mrpeanut188

Loading ...