Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I was recently given files for a playermodel and viewhands for me to use in my map. However I have no idea what to do to get started. I have never worked with xmodels before and I have no idea how to do it. I assume I need to use AssMan??? Here are the files I have:

1. An _images folder with .dds and .tga images in it.
2. A folder for the viewhands. There are 3 files in it with the following extentions: "BIND.mel", ".EXMODEL_EXPORT", and ".ma"
3. A folder for the playermodel. There a total of 12 files with the same extentions as above.

I was linked to a video but that was showing me how to port from BO from scratch, not with the files I already have. I was not sure which part I needed to watch. Bottom line is, I need help!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
Watch the porting video, it's the same steps. I've never worked with player models or virwhands just guns but is asumed all you do it drag .ma into maya, then drag the bind file, then export with toms tools, make sure everything selected using select hierarchy, then convert with assman. A video would explain this better that's the basic rundown
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Watch the porting video, it's the same steps. I've never worked with player models or virwhands just guns but is asumed all you do it drag .ma into maya, then drag the bind file, then export with toms tools, make sure everything selected using select hierarchy, then convert with assman. A video would explain this better that's the basic rundown

So I need maya, Tom's tools, and assman to do this? I might ask someone to convert them for me then send me the models because I was not preared to do all this.
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Centric's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
Yea that pretty much it. The hardest part is assman tbh, it doesnt take that long.

Loading ...