Date Registered: 8 March 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bananukes's Groups
Bananukes's Contact & Social Links
After I installed the harry's perk mod I hit the FX limit. Even after I removed some FX like he did in the video I still hit the FX limit. How can I remove more?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
The same file you removed first. Delete/comment out more from it. And do a full compile of the map/patch.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Firstly, make sure you deleted the mod from the Activision folder where your mods are installed to play, not to dev. Once you hit the limit you have to delete it and then when you remove more fx, how ever you are doing it, try again. There are several tricks to use to reduce fx use:
-Commenting out fx in csv files
-Adding fx to ignore file
-Isolating fx that are in multiple csvs
-And cleaning up the fx used in weapon files
  -You can modify your weapon files so they don't use as many fx:
       -Use the same view flash for both view and world model
       -Remove shell eject fx from weapon file, or use same one if not that many is needed to free up
       -Use the same muzzle flash fx for "like" weapons, instead of 7 or 8 different fx, use 3 or 4
  -Have weapons in raw and in mods folder, but remove repeated fx from the raw weapon files (backup everything always)

I know Harry has addressed fx issues in his tuts, so make sure you everything his stuff said first. Then you can check out the advanced fx removing part of this:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0
Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:21:18 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Firstly, make sure you deleted the mod from the Activision folder where your mods are installed to play, not to dev. Once you hit the limit you have to delete it and then when you remove more fx, how ever you are doing it, try again. There are several tricks to use to reduce fx use:
-Commenting out fx in csv files
-Adding fx to ignore file
-Isolating fx that are in multiple csvs
-And cleaning up the fx used in weapon files
  -You can modify your weapon files so they don't use as many fx:
       -Use the same view flash for both view and world model
       -Remove shell eject fx from weapon file, or use same one if not that many is needed to free up
       -Use the same muzzle flash fx for "like" weapons, instead of 7 or 8 different fx, use 3 or 4
  -Have weapons in raw and in mods folder, but remove repeated fx from the raw weapon files (backup everything always)

I know Harry has addressed fx issues in his tuts, so make sure you everything his stuff said first. Then you can check out the advanced fx removing part of this:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5311.0

I highly stress the underlined point here, most of the time when people try "fx fix" tutorials, the reason they dont work is because they do not delete the files from "appdata"

another example is mine and nates IWDs that come with our packs, if you used 4.01 for example, then upgraded to 4.0.3 - you would have two IWDs, one with each version number - which will cause conflictions as you do not know "which one" the game is loading the resources from
Date Registered: 18 August 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Call me jjakob and not jakob9696 ;)
Signature
If you find errors in my post, excuse me for my bad english... I'm italian...

Developing custom banana colada script: https://youtu.be/OW_bIbCnXzo
Developing Gobblegums script: https://youtu.be/cWGzQ1dkTAE
jakob9696's Groups
jakob9696's Contact & Social Linksjjakobjjakob9696
I highly stress the underlined point here, most of the time when people try "fx fix" tutorials, the reason they dont work is because they do not delete the files from "appdata"

another example is mine and nates IWDs that come with our packs, if you used 4.01 for example, then upgraded to 4.0.3 - you would have two IWDs, one with each version number - which will cause conflictions as you do not know "which one" the game is loading the resources from

i've the same problem with your bo2 mod: i deleted the mod folder in appdata, removed ( commented ) a lot of fx in zombiemode, dlc3 and nazi_zombie_mapname.csv and removed waw weapons but 400fx error is still here...  :-\

how many fx are in your mod?
Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:44:52 pm by jakob9696
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
i've the same problem with your bo2 mod: i deleted the mod folder in appdata, removed ( commented ) a lot of fx in zombiemode, dlc3 and nazi_zombie_mapname.csv and removed waw weapons but 400fx error is still here...  :-\
(Image removed from quote.)
how many fx are in your mod?
the mod you shouldn't be using you mean...

The download was put up for people to "test" to make sure I got rid of a crash...

Remove it
Date Registered: 18 August 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Call me jjakob and not jakob9696 ;)
jakob9696's Groups
jakob9696's Contact & Social Linksjjakobjjakob9696
the mod you shouldn't be using you mean...

The download was put up for people to "test" to make sure I got rid of a crash...

Remove it
i won't use it in my mod, i used it in a test map....
However i'll use only your perks mod for my future maps  (i'll credit you)
I won't use any of your stuff without your permission.
Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:48:40 pm by jakob9696

Loading ...