Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Hi guys,

I am almost done my new map (hopefully releasing it this weekend) and I only have one thing left to do. I really would like to add more perk machines. Only Mule Kick and Stamin-up. My last two maps only had the basic 4 perks, because I found it really confusing on how to add more.

If anyone knows a easy way I can add this two perks without messing up my map, It would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to release another map with only 4 perks.

Thanks
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Harry Bo21 has made a great perk pack, that includes all bo1 & 2 perks. Just follow the tutorial, and add in the Stamin-up and Mule Kick prefabs into the map. Easiest way I can think of.
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:41:09 pm by Exofile
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

If anyone knows a easy way I can add this two perks without messing up my map, It would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to release another map with only 4 perks.

There are plenty of tuts of course, but I know how you could be scared to add them at this point...

I have a script in the works for this, but unfortunately put releasing it on hold when I started customizing it for ORBiT. But later, there will be a rewrite of the zombiemode_perks script that will do just this, easier scripting (one line and reward function), and still works with sniperbolts prefabs, as well as my custom ones with a load of extras, just not resources.

For now, staminup is a fairly easy one, depending on how you want it to work, but mule kick gets a little more involved. Both require editing in the zombiemode_perks gsc, but then mule kick requires a little more in weapons gsc, for the box, and wall weapons, and if you have any custom other things related to giving weapons, there too. Basically checking if they have mulekick and how many guns they have.

So no, there isn't an "easy" way yet, but it's not awfully difficult, and you can back up those gscs before you start trying editing them to add the perks.

Start by creating your prefabs, copying existing ones, changing kvps and models. Then edit your perks script by copying everything they did for each, you do for your new one, using a new specialty. Then address mule kick.
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:47:09 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 29 August 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Why Not Zoidberg
CanadianTyler's Groups
Thanks, after looking into it more it seems really risky to add them in now. I may add them in a update. I probably should have done it before I started the map.

There are plenty of tuts of course, but I know how you could be scared to add them at this point...

I have a script in the works for this, but unfortunately put releasing it on hold when I started customizing it for ORBiT. But later, there will be a rewrite of the zombiemode_perks script that will do just this, easier scripting (one line and reward function), and still works with sniperbolts prefabs, as well as my custom ones with a load of extras, just not resources.

For now, staminup is a fairly easy one, depending on how you want it to work, but mule kick gets a little more involved. Both require editing in the zombiemode_perks gsc, but then mule kick requires a little more in weapons gsc, for the box, and wall weapons, and if you have any custom other things related to giving weapons, there too. Basically checking if they have mulekick and how many guns they have.

So no, there isn't an "easy" way yet, but it's not awfully difficult, and you can back up those gscs before you start trying editing them to add the perks.

Start by creating your prefabs, copying existing ones, changing kvps and models. Then edit your perks script by copying everything they did for each, you do for your new one, using a new specialty. Then address mule kick.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Thanks, after looking into it more it seems really risky to add them in now. I may add them in a update. I probably should have done it before I started the map.
they are not hard to add - especially mine as i went you of my way to make sure you need to do very little to add them ( used to be 13 steps over 4 scripts, now 3 steps in just two scripts )

The "only" issue I see people have is
* Didnt have enough asset space so ge instant crash ( memory limit - need to remove unused waw stuff thats taking up space )
* Didnt rename or add the FF properly or added "both" the patch and localized when you are supposed to use "one or the other"
* They use my 400fx fix, which comments out a couple of weapons in DLC3.csv that you "need" so need uncommenting

Mines also easy enough to remove, just replace the stock script then delete the IWD and FF that you added ( and the scripts from your mod folder - but you only actually "need" to remove my zombiemode_perks.gsc )
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:17:10 pm by Harry Bo21

Loading ...