or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - tomikaze

Creators: Mapped by HexZombies & Scripted by AwesomePieMan

Setting: Set on a mysterious island, The Swan is a homage to the popular television series “Lost”. There are many set pieces and items which are straight from the Lost universe so having a working knowledge of the show may increase your appreciation for the map significantly.

Positives: The maps visuals are among the best out there right now; from the lush green jungle area and the flashes of lightning which light up the sky to the detailed fully functioning underground compound complete with everything you’ll need for surviving the end of the world including an emergency lockdown feature. The underwater area where the PAP machine is located looks awesome and it’s nice to see mappers going the extra mile in order to make a memorable experience.
      The dangers on this map are MANY as this map boasts the Avagadro, the Napalm Zombie and the Shrieker Zombie and that is on top of the horde of standard zombies filling in the gaps on a map that has limited space to begin with.
      Fortunately the map is loaded with fun and entertaining weapons for you to play with which can assist you on your journey. The fan favorite PPsh makes a return and is buyable somewhere in the jungle, the Raygun Mark II is also here along with Matryoshka Dolls, the Hells Retriever AND making their custom zombie debut is the 31-79 JGb215 or simply the Baby Maker and the elemental staffs from Origins. Those guns headline the cast but many other guns from WAW, Black Ops and BOII can also be found around the map and in the mystery box. There are a total of 11 perks including some custom perks to buy, but since there is a perk limit you will need to choose them wisely.
       There is a very complex Easter Egg on this map in the style of Black Ops II. This map is not going to hold your hand every step of the way; rather it will demand that you do some serious thinking in order to complete many of the objectives. So, if you liked those types of EE’s you will feel right at home here. Without a doubt a TON of thought and effort has gone into making it challenging as well as rewarding to complete.

Negatives: I personally think that the level of difficulty on the map thanks to the Avagadro as well as the complexity of the EE may be too difficult for many zombie players to see through to the end.
      There are also places above ground in the jungle where it looks like you should be able to simply jump over small rocks or navigate between some trees or bushes only to find out at the worst possible time that you are unable to do so. Also, going into the water slows you down but not the zombies so be very careful when choosing which direction to flee when in danger. All of this his puts a premium on playing the map over and over until you have memorized the layout perfectly and know exactly where you should and should not go.

Conclusion: As with the map Prison Mission your enjoyment of The Swan may hinge on how much you like complex, challenging objectives and trial and error. While it may be too much for some people out there if you are the kind of player who really enjoyed the Black Ops II zombie EE’s you will be in heaven with this map. Still, between the different boss zombies, the weapons, the smart layout and superior visuals - play this map even if you just want to run around and cause chaos, it really is that good.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 9 /10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 10/10

Score: 35/40

Download from the UGX Map Manager
10 years ago

Creator: UNR34LxPyro

Setting: You seem to be trapped in a mysterious cave with no escape. Perhaps you are a spelunker who has just survived a cave-in. I couldn't help but feel like I was inside of the 2005 super smash hit movie “The Descent” and experiencing all of the emotions that those cave divers must have been feeling while fighting for their lives and wondering if they'd ever see their loved ones again or feel the cool breeze across their faces if they could just escape upward to freedom.

Positives: Only stock weapons are found on this map and THANK GOD! These stock weapons have been balanced to perfection to maintain the purity of the once great custom zombies scene that has turned to crap as of late. This gem of a map also makes sure that you can't run your precious circle strategies and forces you to man up and fight the zombies head on. The perfectly atmospheric lighting must be coming from these alien power infused ability enhancing machines that you are able to purchase new upgrades from which are sure to give you an experience unlike anything you have ever played before, ever. Lastly, the textures and colors were perfectly selected to give you the feeling of a hopeless situation but maintaining the exciting gameplay that is sure to make this an instant World at War zombie classic.

Negatives: Be serious.

Conclusion: At a time when it seems like every map that comes out is a half assed wannabe Black Ops or Black Ops 2 custom map with half assed, broken features it's refreshing to see a map come along that really shakes things up by getting us back to the basics and reminding us once again why we love custom zombies. Hey NGT, buckle your seat-belts because you are in for the ride of your life.

Level of Detail: 10/10
Custom Content: 10/10
Fun Scale: 10/10
Replayability: 10/10

Score: 40/40

Download: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2555.0
10 years ago

Creator: ZCTxCHAOSx

Setting: This map puts you in a world where you are as small as a toy soldier and must work your way through a normal size house to complete some objectives and make your escape. There are two versions of the map; a harder version called ZCT Dollhouse 2 and an easier version called SC Dollhouse 2. The differences are that they both have different weapon sets, the barriers on the ZCT version cost more, the SC or Special Combat version has AI help as well as buyable powerups like Double Points and Instakill to make killing and point building easier.

Positives:  I love the setting of being a small soldier in an oversized world and the fact that it looks pretty good especially for being an older map. The layout of the map is well done and keeps things pretty challenging especially solo, but still offers creative escape routes to keep things interesting and to keep you on the move. The map came out a few years back and was one of the first to have you shoot those evil teddy bears in order to complete your objectives. And this map actually does this the right way by hiding the teddy bears in fun and mysterious places. It makes good use of the ZCT Mod with the option to adjust the difficulty and even after playing it for the hundredth time I still love running around all of the great places that there are to go on this map.

Negatives: Nothing. I think that this map is perfect just the way it is and it's better looking and offers more fun that than many of the maps that come out even now.

Conclusion: The ZCT Mod is really fun for this map; having to run around for the dropping perks hoping for the essential ones like Armor Regen (Jug) and Slight of Hand and then kicking yourself when you almost die trying to get to a perk only to get Fast Rebuilding. If you are struggling to beat it solo you may want to play the SC Dollhouse version and turn off the difficulty mod, but if you are a hardened veteran then fire up ZCT Dollhouse and prepare to get destroyed by those cursed phase shifting zombies. Truly a custom zombie classic.

Level of Detail: 5/10
Custom Content: 5/10
Fun Scale: 7
Replayability: 7

Score: 24/40

SC Dollhouse 2 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wbpyptqx26y16k8/nazi_zombie_sc_dh2.zip

ZCT Dollhouse 2 Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kk95oi2105q2k2k/nazi_zombie_zct_dh2.zip
10 years ago
This is where all the magic happens my friends. I didn't post this to make anyone jealous so please don't think that I'm showing off.
10 years ago

Creator: This map was created by Jay Ingardia aka Bamskater aka Jei9363

Setting: Here, Jay offers up his vision of a sequel to the WAW map Der Riese. The similarities can be seen immediately by comparing the two maps starting rooms, but they don't just end there. There are switches to activate in order to open up the PAP machine and you are also given the option to take the left side route through the map or the right side route depending on which side you prefer.

Postives: I like how balanced of a mapper that Jay is; and by that I mean that his maps are as fun to look at as they are to play and this map is no exception. Each room has it's own unique look to it so you always feel like you are progressing to somewhere new and different. He also likes to put different modes of transportation in his maps; most of which are his own creations and he has done the same here with giant vents that send you upward to the second floor of the map as well as a cart and rail system to move you from one area to the next; this is not a gimmick either it actually works well and is very helpful in certain situations. Depending on how you open the map you can create for yourself camping areas that you should be able to hold down for a while especially with friends. In higher rounds there ends up being no easy places to camp or run circles which keeps the challenge of the map pretty high. His custom Napalm Nancies replace the standard Betties/Claymores and are fun to use with a nice fiery visual effect that does some damage over time as well. Unlike Der Riese there are no dog rounds, so they won't be fetching you that free max ammo every 5 rounds; you're going to have to work a little bit harder for your ammo. He created a custom perk called Porter Punch which allows you to teleport to a random place on the map, it also makes using the teleporter cost you no money to use. While this won't bail you out if you are already backed into a corner this perk is still VERY fun to use.

Negatives: Some people may not like the stock WAW weapon set, but seeing as this is a Der Riese style map it works well in keeping with the theme. Most hallways are too narrow to navigate more than maybe one zombie so running and gunning is probably out of the question making this map not very solo friendly unless you get staminup  and run the swamp over and over again. Just like Der Riese there are no objectives and if you are hoping for a buyable ending then allow me to be the first to say, "Congratulations, there is none!"

Conclusion: In a modern society when everyone who shows up is a winner and a participation award is equal to a 1st prize ribbon this map will be sure to hurt your feelings by reminding you that death is imminent; but cheer up its going to be a lot of fun until then, unless you die on round 1 then it won't be any fun at all. This map is fun for a while especially if you love Der Riese and want to play someone else's take on the formula, however, not having any objective may reduce it's replayability for most people once the nostalgia wears off.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 7/10

Score: 28/40

Download Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v0yr3ii2pbc99v/Titan%20Corp.exe?m=

Or Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?3g59m3gi4s67ci6
10 years ago

Creator: The mapper is xJimmy33 and the scripter for the map is BluntStuffy

Setting: When you are a child you have nightmares where you're out in the middle of nowhere, all alone and your greatest fears come to life; but thankfully you wakeup before you're violently murdered by a thousand twisted spawn of hell as they peel the skin off your body while you're still alive. This map is the same as that except you won't be able to wake up; welcome to Zombie Sumpf!

Postives: As with all of xJimmy33's maps the visuals are great. He uses deep rich colors in places that make things like the squirting zombie blood and dismemberment really standout while you giggle like a schoolgirl. The atmosphere of the map is creepy with the perfect amount of fog to never allow you to see too far but not enough to be a distraction either. Watching a trail of glowing zombie eyes moving toward you in the distance is very cool. The map layout is pretty well done, but what makes it so successful is the scripting. There are things in this map that I've never seen before, such as, during certain events if you shoot the zombies they transform into a different type of zombie before your very eyes which is completely mind-blowing and you might just die from standing there being in awe of what you just witnessed. The objectives are familiar but executed in a completely unique way; you just have to see it to understand. There are also some custom guns, zombie models, boss zombies, the PAP machine and much more.

Negatives: There aren't many wall weapons outside of the MP40 which shows up in like 3 different places. (Pst! I think the mapper's got a thing for the MP40.) And outside of a couple wonderweapons there isn't much in the box you'd want either. There are only the 4 original perks which is a bit surprising as perks are a big deal to modern zombie players. Also, there isn't much room on this map and very few training spots, which means that you'd better be a pretty freaking good zombie player or else play with people who won't mind scooping your remains up out of the dirt every 2 minutes.

Conclusion: The map offers up some seriously great surprises throughout and the quality of the map  experience is top-shelf. xJimmy33 and BluntStuffy make a great team and are a force to be reckoned with.  Here's hoping that Jimmy and Blunt make more maps together; because in a world where many mappers can't seem to tap into what really makes a map fun, these guys nailed it with Zombie Sumpf.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replayability: 8/10

Score: 32/40

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/78n2az0f88y027e/Zombie+Sumpf.exe
10 years ago
Anyone see the movie "47 Ronin"; and if so what did you think? I just want to get honest opinions from people who aren't stuck-up, film snob, movie critics. I really want to like 47 Ronin, but I don't want to live the rest of my life regretting seeing another Keanu Reeves movie either  :)
10 years ago
My friends said World of Warcraft would help me bulk up; I didn't understand.

I understand now.

10 years ago

Creator: Shippuden1592 is the creator of this map; his other maps are The Cobos and Minecraft V2

Setting: This map is pretty much a brick-by-brick remake of the intense, tight-quartered Call of Duty 4 multiplayer map “Killhouse”, but with some welcome modifications to make it worthy of being a standalone zombie map. Being more-or-less one room with some built in objectives, it plays a lot like a challenge map so that is what I ended up grading it as.

Postives: Single room maps typically suck; that is almost a universal truth. This map however does not. The map looks pretty good with the look and feel mimicking its older brother quite well. The shootable teddys to open the power switch, the teleporter to get to the PAP machine and buyable ending as well as the perk bottle hunt in order to get some of the perks all kept you going with little things to do. While you are enjoying all the BO, Modern Warfare, MW2 weapons and BO perks you still need to keep in mind that the zombie's health is scaling rapidly and it's becoming VERY challenging to take down the zombies in the limited space that you have. The custom drops are a godsend especially when you're running on empty with a horde behind you and your buddy picks up an unlimited ammo drop.

Negatives: During the rounds you pretty much have to keep to the far sides of the map because trying to run through the middle while the zombies are spawning in will lead to almost certain death and strategically taking cover will be of no benefit in this version. This cuts you off from most of the map and then you can only really take in the sights after you've made a crawler.

Conclusion: If you can look at this as a challenge map and see how fast you can beat it or just see how long you can survive while checking out the sweet guns then you should have a good time. If one room doesn't cut it for you no matter how well it's decorated or how many bells and whistles it has then you may be left wanting more.

Level of Detail: 5.5/10
Custom Content: 5/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 6/10

Score: 23.5/40

Download: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1973.0
10 years ago
http://youtu.be/LixgbLFnzh8

A big thanks to Treminaor for being my special guest on this video and for helping me write the jokes for it; it was a lot of fun.
10 years ago

Before

After

Creator: xJimmy33, his other maps are Folter & Schmerz.

Setting: The mapper said that there was no story for this map...but I disagree : ) You are a merry band of nazi witch doctors disguised as soldiers and after a late night drinking game turns into witch doctor one-upmanship you wake the next morning in a haze only to realize that you all have resurrected countless undead throughout the night. Can you remember enough to retrace your steps back and undo the horror that you have summoned into the world?

Positives: xJimmy33 always makes maps that look good with lots of detail so that is something to look forward to for sure. There are a couple custom guns, the gun names are spelled out fully which is kinda cool, custom gun sounds. Some are cool while some sound like he made them with his mouth and then recorded them. There is other custom stuff here and there like a custom ammo counter, custom viewhands, BOII dig sites, etc but those things don't really enhance or detract from the experience for me. Also, there are 7 perks to be had as well as the PAP machine and an interesting map ending.

Negatives: The map is just like one long pathway so there will be zero exploring to do and you'll often feel like you are just walking back and forth through airport hallways except with prettier scenery. There are VERY few weapons on the walls which means that when you need more ammo you will be doing TONS of backtracking which gets old really quick and makes you wonder if the mapper thinks that killing zombies is more fun when they are told exactly which gun to use. Also, the starting pistol is complete garbage and if you ads while you fire it, it blocks your entire screen, have fun with that.

Conclusion: This map is fun for a while and is probably worth seeing through to the end if just to see the conclusion to my story : ) Bring some friends though because their company may be the only thing that you enjoy after the newness of the map wears off.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 6/10
Fun Scale: 5/10
Replayability: 5/10

Score: 23/40

Download: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1966.0
10 years ago

Creator: This map was made by ZCTxCHAOSx; his previous map was Zebba Farms.

Setting: This map is based on a COD4 multiplayer map which takes place in Dubai. Now, this doesn't look like the modern Dubai that I drive through each day to get to work at the top floor of the Burj Khalifa; no this is a war-torn city showing lots of battle-damage with destruction all over the place. Your mission, whether you choose to accept it or not, is to find two parts to a bomb, plant the bomb and then get to the bomb shelter quickly.

Positives: I've always been a fan of the ZCT Mod but it doesn't seem to get used by mappers anymore, so it was nice to see Chaos give us a brand new map with this great mod on it to remind people that it is still around and still a lot of fun. The city itself looks pretty good and is reasonably well detailed for being such a massive map. Also, there are TONS of buildings to go into and explore, it's one of the few maps that you can actually get lost in so you may need to play through it a few times to get the layout down. The objective is fun, albeit rather basic, and it at least gives you a reason to explore the whole map outside of just wanting to see what's behind each door.

Negatives: Since the city is designed and laid out like a multiplayer map there is lots of open space which makes it possible to run circles even in some of the hallways. This reduces the challenge quite a bit and the only time you'll ever die is if a teleporting zombie blocks your path at the worst time or you are just flat out being careless. Also, for all the work that went into the design and layout the objective is completely tacked on. You'd expect something like a 10 part objective that intentionally sends you to different areas of the map to gather parts and fix things on your quest to leave the city, but unfortunately you don't get anything like that at all. Sure, it beats an absurdly high-priced buyable ending, but it would have been nice to have a few more things to do. Also, the only way to play this map is with timed gameplay and the mapper probably did this in order to combat how EXTREMELY easy the map would be if it was round based.

Conclusion:  It really is fun to explore this massive city while running and gunning with the ZCT weapon set and dropping perks.  Grab some friends and play through it a few times while trying to beat it faster than the previous time, that should prove to be a good time for a while. In the end it just suffers from having too much room and not enough to do.

Level of Detail: 6.5/10
Custom Content: 4/10
Fun Scale: 6/10
Replayability: 4/10

Score: 20.5/40

Download from the UGX Map Manager.
10 years ago
Disclaimer: I really do like this map, this was just done for the fun of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3DQtfTySs#ws

10 years ago
Loading ...