or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Tetration

I joined in 2015 as I was interested the many amazing maps that I could access from this site. After a few years of inactivity, I decided I wanted to try my hand at modding and this forum proved very useful for solving nearly every problem I encountered during the modding process. This site makes it possible for people to more easily channel their creativity through this extremely niche medium by bypassing the headaches of the many problems solved in the forums. It is truly amazing what a group of passionate gamers can accomplish through collaboration and pooling knowledge.
2 years ago
catacombs

Note: This map requires T4M.

This is my first map, so please be kind with your feedback. :)  

The goal I had for this map was to make a map that is confusing to navigate and requires a bit of strategizing and optimization to complete. The theme of exploring a maze of tunnels was conducive to accomplishing this goal. To escape, you must move through the maze, collecting weapons and perks as you fight through waves of the undead. Once you free yourself from the constrictive passageways, you'll discover a quaint church which presents a daunting final challenge.

This map is not intended to be a re-creation of the Paris catacombs, its just a series of tunnels with a few bones in it. (I didn't even know about the cancelled nazi_zombie_paris map until I started scripting.) I didn't intend for this map to be extremely challenging since it takes quite a long time to complete and I don't like restarting a map after failing an hour into it. Most of the difficulty is baked into the early game to avoid massive losses of progress. This also has the effect of making your power growth more tangible as you collect the perks and upgrade your weapons. I didn't test 3-4 player coop, so feel free to voice any balance complaints you may have.

Issues
There were a few issues that I did my best to eliminate.
  • Sometimes the zombies' pathing breaks. To solve this, I simply respawn zombies if their pathing is broken for a few seconds.
  • Rarely the mauser's model is messed up on load. I don't think I can fix this, but it only happens at the beginning, so you can just restart if it happens.
  • Sometimes the starting mystery box doesn't load correctly. I think I fixed it, but the issue happens very sporadically so testing the map many times doesn't guarantee that it is fixed.
  • Sometimes things just don't load correctly and you get a script runtime error or a Hunk_AllocateTempMemoryHigh error. Just restart until it works.
If you find any other issues or bugs feel free to comment them (even better if you can identify a cause or a fix ;)).

Downloads

MediaFire:
www.mediafire.com

MEGA:
mega.nz

Features
  • 12 Perks
  • 32 weapons from MW2, BO1, MW3, BO2, Ghosts, AW, BO3, and IW
  • Black ops wonder weapons
  • Fixed wonderwaffle health bug
  • No lunging
  • Teleporters
  • Short easter egg and buyable ending
  • PaP camo
  • FoV slider (under Game Options)
  • Various fixes for power ups
  • No getting trolled by nukes in early game
  • Box locator
  • A fun little finale ;)
Credits
gympie6:        black ops perks, 3-round burst fix, reposting wonderwaff fix
alaurenc9:        Insta-Kill knife points fix, nuke+double points fix
steviewonder87:        stop zombies from grabbing you, PaP camo
El Ricos (Ricko0z):    weapon ports
shippuden1592:        bo1 and iw weapon ports, wonder weapon ports
BluntStuffy:        soul box scripts, panzers
Aidan:            teleport scripts
DuaLVII:        respawning zombies
Dust:            zombie counter
Scobalula:        max ammo fills clip, fov slider
SniperBolt:        mystery box prefabs
TOM_BMX:        buyable ending script
treminaor:        hintstring fix
liamsa669:        menu tutorial
Jake:            coop testing

Asset Attributions
=16pxThe following are licensed under Creative Commons By 4.0, are from SketchFab, and have been modified for use within the WaW engine:

"Bone (Game Ready / PBR)" by Meerschaum Digital
"Femur" by biol260
"Right Central Rib" by UNCG Imaging Lab
"Round Chain" by Jorge Luis Carrera
"Candle light" by al0sral0
"Church Pew" by CommonSpence
"Dusty Piano" by Vincent074
"Indoor Plant 1" by Konstantin Martens
"Bible" by Jeff Kratzer (G1ngerBoy)
"Open Bible" by VHM777

Other attributions:
Concrete texture photo created by rawpixel.com - freepik.com

2 years ago
Nice map. I didn't encounter any game breaking bugs, but here are some things I ran into:

I noticed the eye glow effects weren't being destroyed in this riser. It might have been from killing zombies with the jetgun while they were still in the ground. Also, the soulbox in this room can be filled without buying the door to this room. To fix that you could disable that soulbox until the door is opened or use a rectangular trigger for the soulbox.
Floating eye glow fx

The soul counter hintstrings are nice, but you run out of hintstrings so they stop updating. You might want to check out https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Hintstrings+not+updating
PaP machine with "power must be activated" hintstring

The jet gun building station was a little awkward; it's hard to find the right spot to stand in to place the parts.
2 years ago
Hello everyone,

I'm not exactly new to UGX; I joined in 2015 but never posted anything until recently. CoD zombies is one of my favorite game modes and custom zombies was a large motivating factor for me getting a gaming PC. I've recently gotten interested in mapping/scripting in WaW and the UGX forums has proven extremely useful for solving common problems and performing basic modding tasks. I'm more interested in the scripting side of things if anyone wants to collab ;).   I still play WaW and Bo3 zombies from time to time, but I'm usually occupied with other things.
2 years ago
There is a minor issue people might run into with the preedited script for _zombiemode_weapons.gsc. Usually when people have multiple boxes in their map, they change the _zombiemode_weapons by having the same code run that the "nazi_zombie_factory" map uses. If you do that, you will find the following produces a subtle bug (lines 556-578):
Code Snippet
cpp
if(level.script == "nazi_zombie_sumpf" || level.script == "nazi_zombie_factory" )
{
    // Anchor target will grab the weapon spawn point inside the box, so the fx will be centered on it too
    anchor = GetEnt(level.chests[level.chest_index].target, "targetname");
    anchorTarget = GetEnt(anchor.target, "targetname");

level.pandora_light = Spawn( "script_model", anchorTarget.origin );
    level.pandora_light.angles = anchorTarget.angles + (-90, 0, 0);
    //temp_fx_origin rotateto((-90, (box_origin.angles[1] * -1), 0), 0.05);
    level.pandora_light SetModel( "tag_origin" );
    playfxontag(level._effect["lght_marker"], level.pandora_light, "tag_origin");
}
// DCS:)
{
    // Anchor target will grab the weapon spawn point inside the box, so the fx will be centered on it too
    anchor = GetEnt(level.chests[level.chest_index].target, "targetname");
    anchorTarget = GetEnt(anchor.target, "targetname");

level.pandora_light = Spawn( "script_model", anchorTarget.origin );
    level.pandora_light.angles = (-90, 0, 0);
    level.pandora_light SetModel( "tag_origin" );
    //playfxontag(level._effect["lght_marker"], level.pandora_light, "tag_origin");
}    
The original version of this had an else if statement check if level.script was the paris map. Now it runs no matter what. This effectively overwrites the pandora_light reference with a tag_origin with no fx, and when the box moves, it will move the new tag_origin rather than the one with the lght_marker fx. To fix this, you can either add an else statement after the "DCS" comment or just delete the second code block.
2 years ago
This tut worked for knifing, but now for some reason the game freezes when I aim down sights and shoot a zombie during instakill.  After the long freeze of about 5 seconds, the shot disappears and doesn't kill the zombie.  This issue is only when I have instakill and when I aim down the sights and shoot at a zombie.  I've reversed the steps in this tut and my issue is fixed, but I'm wondering if you noticed the same issue?
I know it's a bit late, but I've solved this bug. Apparently giving an empty string to strTok creates an infinite loop, which causes the thread to be killed after getting stuck for a few seconds. To fix this, change the remove_mod_from_methodofdeath function to the following:

Code Snippet
cpp
remove_mod_from_methodofdeath( mod )
{
   if (mod == "")
      return "";
   modStrings = strTok( mod, "_" );
   modName = "";
   for( i = 1; i < modStrings.size; i ++ )
   {
      modName += modStrings[i];
   }
   return modName;
}

2 years ago
Neat challenge map. It's quite frustrating getting stuck on risers without jugg, so it's probably more optimal to camp with HG-40 near an edge until you can get jugg than trying to train with the RK5. The double priced perks make the map pretty hard for the first few minutes, and the bosses keep the rest of the run at a high difficulty.

It would be nice to have a different message for when you buy the ending. Also, as others have said, the HG-40 and VOLK are the only viable weapons to use. I guess someone could try using the other two guns as an extra challenge lol. I don't know if this was intentional, but the name of the mod after being installed is nazi_zombie_trench which isn't related to the map at all.

This is pretty good for your second map. I'll be sure to check out your first one too ;) .
2 years ago
Loading ...