or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - reckfullies

But what if the player is not outside. Will the FX still show?

Yes, it will. I suppose you could setup a way to detect when a player is inside by either having a volume that can detect it or some other way. Either way it seems like it would be kind of complicated to someone not competent in scripting for this game.
7 years ago
How can I make it so on 4 player coop, the team is split in half and in solo, you spawn in one of the two locations without the zombies spawning on the other side?

Just make two starting zones with different names.

The only thing that makes the start_zone name special is that it is activated when the game starts, if you can do this with another zone it would essentially be the same except with 2 zones.

The start zone is initialized inside your mapname.gsc, just do the same thing with a different zone to make it count as a separate spawn zone that will only spawn zombies when someone is on that part of the map.
7 years ago
Doesn't that just change the maximum amount of zombies that can be alive at one time? I'm looking for something that will only spawn 24 zombies per round.

The amount of zombies are calculated differently per round.

These are all the level vars I could find so you can just edit them in your mapname.gsc(NOTE: Don't edit the actual _zm.gsc file since it won't work)
Spoiler: click to open...
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// Variables
// used to a check in last stand for players to become zombies
level.is_zombie_level = true;
level.default_laststandpistol = GetWeapon( "pistol_standard" );
level.default_solo_laststandpistol = GetWeapon( "pistol_standard_upgraded" );
level.laststandpistol = level.default_laststandpistol; // so we dont get the uber colt when we're knocked out
level.start_weapon = level.default_laststandpistol;
level.first_round = true;
level.start_round = GetGametypeSetting( "startRound" );
level.round_number = level.start_round;
level.enable_magic = GetGametypeSetting( "magic" );
level.headshots_only = GetGametypeSetting( "headshotsonly" );
level.player_starting_points = level.round_number * 500;
level.round_start_time = 0;
level.pro_tips_start_time = 0;
level.intermission = false;
level.dog_intermission = false;
level.zombie_total = 0; // Total number of zombies left to spawn
level.zombie_respawns = 0; // Total number of zombies that need to be respawned due to cleanup
level.total_zombies_killed = 0;
level.hudelem_count = 0;
level.zm_loc_types = [];
level.zm_loc_types[ "zombie_location" ] = []; // List of normal zombie spawners (other types will be added in the zone manager)

level.zm_variant_type_max = [];
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "walk" ] = [];
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "run" ] = [];
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "sprint" ] = [];
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "super_sprint" ] = [];
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "walk" ][ "down" ] = 14;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "walk" ][ "up" ] = 16;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "run" ][ "down" ] = 13;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "run" ][ "up" ] = 12;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "sprint" ][ "down" ] = 9;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "sprint" ][ "up" ] = 8;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "super_sprint" ][ "down" ] = 1;
level.zm_variant_type_max[ "super_sprint" ][ "up" ] = 1;

level.current_zombie_array = [];
level.current_zombie_count = 0;
level.zombie_total_subtract = 0;
level.destructible_callbacks = [];

difficulty = 1;
column = int(difficulty) + 1;

//#######################################################################
// zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( identifier, value, float, column );

// AI
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_increase", 100, false, column ); // cumulatively add this to the zombies' starting health each round (up to round 10)
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_increase_multiplier",0.1, true, column ); // after round 10 multiply the zombies' starting health by this amount
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_start", 150, false, column ); // starting health of a zombie at round 1
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_spawn_delay", 2.0, true, column ); // Time to wait between spawning zombies.  This is modified based on the round number.
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_new_runner_interval", 10, false, column ); // Interval between changing walkers who are too far away into runners
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier",   4, false, column ); // Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier_easy",  2, false, column ); // Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_max_ai", 24, false, column ); // Base number of zombies per player (modified by round #)
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_ai_per_player", 6, false, column ); // additional zombie modifier for each player in the game
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "below_world_check", -1000 ); // Check height to see if a zombie has fallen through the world.

// Round
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "spectators_respawn", true ); // Respawn in the spectators in between rounds
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_use_failsafe", true ); // Will slowly kill zombies who are stuck
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_between_round_time", 10 ); // How long to pause after the round ends
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_intermission_time", 15 ); // Length of time to show the end of game stats
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "game_start_delay", 0, false, column ); // How much time to give people a break before starting spawning

// Life and death
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "player_base_health", 100 ); // Base health of a player

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "penalty_no_revive", 0.10, true, column ); // Percentage of money you lose if you let a teammate die
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "penalty_died", 0.0, true, column ); // Percentage of money lost if you die
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "penalty_downed", 0.05, true, column ); // Percentage of money lost if you go down // ww: told to remove downed point loss

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_4player", 50 ); // Individual Points for a zombie kill in a 4 player game
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_3player", 50 ); // Individual Points for a zombie kill in a 3 player game
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_2player", 50 ); // Individual Points for a zombie kill in a 2 player game
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_1player", 50 ); // Individual Points for a zombie kill in a 1 player game

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_normal", 10 ); // points gained for a hit with a non-automatic weapon
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_light", 10 ); // points gained for a hit with an automatic weapon

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_melee", 80 ); // Bonus points for a melee kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_head", 50 ); // Bonus points for a head shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_neck", 20 ); // Bonus points for a neck shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_torso", 10 ); // Bonus points for a torso shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_burn", 10 ); // Bonus points for a burn kill

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_flame_dmg_point_delay", 500 );

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombify_player", false ); // Default to not zombify the player till further support
7 years ago
Is it me or Radiant is really anemic with models and textures?
For example if I'm looking for a painting, there's only 1 valable painting with bottles of wine and glasses. That's the only one, all the others are modern or blank frames.
That sux. We see the same models and textures on all maps, the tables for example there are so few of them... Or the doors, this p7_door_wood_art_deco door must have been used a thoussand times already.
I have made some custom things like doors or a desk but I can't do everything. I can't make all models myself, it takes ages.
When I fill a room I can't find what I want, it's always the same :(

I mean there are so many textures / models on Treyarch's maps, even only on SoE... I don't remember well on WaW Radiant, did they give so few ressources to us or was it just at start?

The reason everyone uses the same assets and that you can only find limited assets is because they only gave us minimal assets. The only zombies map we have assets for are The Giant, there are a few assets from SOE but by no means do we have them all. And for multiplayer assets I believe we only have mp_sector assets and another map I forget the name of.

They will probably add more, if you are impatient you can rip the assets your self and import them.
7 years ago
Just a quick update.  With Quick Revive (as shown in this example) you can purchase QR and it appears as an icon but when you go down in SOLO it doesn't work.  The game just ends.  Anyone know why?

Take a look at the QR perk kvps specifically since it might have a special kvp or something that makes it work for solo.
7 years ago
Anyone? I really dont want all of the work I put in on the lighting for both times of day to go to waste.

Sorry about that, forgot that this wasn't the correct way to set a lighting state.

Add this to your #using section:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using scripts\shared\util_shared;

then change
Code Snippet
Plaintext
SetLightingState( 3 );
to
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level util::set_lighting_state(4); // If 4 doesn't work try 3 or 5.
7 years ago
Hey men :) i need help with my doors.
i want a sliding door with a "door model" not a simple texture.
who can help me, all  these youtube videos about sliding doors is with simple texture-bush doors, not an model.

Thanks men

Peace

It is literally the same exact thing except instead of a script brushmodel use a script model.
7 years ago
I'm trying to make a starting perk as in the player spawns but gets a certain perk and that perk I wanted to be was Electric Cherry. (Yes for my map Not my mod incase you were wondering, also can't click the # button for some reason so I can't paste my script in...) If anyone knows the script for the starting perk I would like to ask If I could receive it.

- Sokon (dbzfun2)

Well you could give them a perk once they spawn then have some sort of while loop that has a waittill for when the player gets revived and gives back the perk.
7 years ago
Hi, I'm working on a new map and I'm having trouble using SetLightingState. Lighting states 1 and 2 are set to night, while I have lighting state 3 set to day. I'm trying to make the lighting state change to 3 with reckfullies shootable trigger script, but it doesn't seem to change. Could someone tell me how to set the map to lighting state 3 after all shootables are triggered?

Here is the code, the SetLightingState is towards the bottom.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function init()
{
level.shootablesNeeded = 3;
level.shootablesCollected = 0;

level thread shootable_1();
level thread shootable_2();
level thread shootable_3();
}

function shootable_1()
{
    trig_1 = GetEnt("shootable_trigger_1", "targetname");
model_1 = GetEnt("shootable_model_1", "targetname");

trig_1 SetHintString("");
trig_1 SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");

while(1)
{
trig_1 waittill("trigger", player);

level.shootablesCollected++;

IPrintLn("Trigger 1 Shot"); // Not Needed

thread shootables_done(player);

break;
}

trig_1 Delete();
model_1 Delete();
}

function shootable_2()
{
trig_2 = GetEnt("shootable_trigger_2", "targetname");
model_2 = GetEnt("shootable_model_2", "targetname");

trig_2 SetHintString("");
trig_2 SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");

while(1)
{
trig_2 waittill("trigger", player);

IPrintLn("Trigger 2 Shot"); // Not Needed

break;
}

trig_2 Delete();
model_2 Delete();
}

function shootable_3()
{
trig_3 = GetEnt("shootable_trigger_3", "targetname");
model_3 = GetEnt("shootable_model_3", "targetname");

trig_3 SetHintString("");
trig_3 SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON");

while(1)
{
trig_3 waittill("trigger", player);

IPrintLn("Trigger 3 Shot"); // Not Needed

break;
}

trig_3 Delete();
model_3 Delete();
}

function shootables_done(player)
{
while(1)
{
self waittill(level.shootablesCollected >= level.shootablesNeeded);

if(level.shootablesCollected == level.shootablesNeeded)
{
// What ever code you want to execute once all shootables are collected
IPrintLn("All Shootables Collected");
SetLightingState( 3 );
}

break;
}
}
If someone can come up with a solution, I will credit you when I release the map, thanks in advance.

The numbers for SetLightingState are messed up. I'm pretty sure 3 will set it to lighting state 2 so try using 4.
7 years ago
Also if you aren't using power for turning on lights already you could just use that method and instead change the lighting state when the triggers are activated.
7 years ago
Hey,
There's a very nice barrier made of bricks instead of wooden planks in Verruckt (at least in WaW version), and that would look pretty awsome in my map since it's pretty much only inside a big hotel. 
I was wondering if anyone had done a prefab for this for WaW Radiant, that could be ported to BO3.

I mean you could just edit the already existing barrier prefab and change the board models to bricks and change the positions.

This would only work if it wasn't done in script which I have no idea if they did.
7 years ago
Hi, i'm trying to work out how to script a trigger_damage that only triggers when damaged by a particular weapon (eg. raygun or gravity spikes)
Is there a way to check for what weapon inflicted the damage on the trigger, or do I need to do something like wait for the trigger to trigger, and then check which weapon the player had at the time?

I don't think its really possible to do something like that, you could check what weapon the player is holding instantly after it is triggered.

They did do something like this on revelations with the apothicon servant but I doubt it was a damage trigger they used.
7 years ago
I cant get my map to load through the mod tools. All I get is a black screen and when I try to quit it freezes my pc. I don't know how this happened because it was working fine before. I have already tried to verify game cache in both bo3 and the mod tools. Any ideas on how to fix this?

The only thing that has ever caused something like this to happen for me is a script crashing the game. If you have any custom scripts that you changed or added since it was working that is probably the problem.

If not I have no idea.
7 years ago
Is there any way to select only decals on a wall? Because everytime I try to select a decal, I have 1/2 luck to select the wall, and 1/2 luck to select the decal... pretty annoying.
Thanks ;)

Just have the wall selected and press H to hide it then you can select the decal. Press Shift + H to unhide.
7 years ago
Where are the effects of Speed Cola, Double Tap,  and other perks implemented? I found Juggernog code in _zm.gsc and presumably Quick Revive is done in _laststand.gsc as it was in WaW. Also, I've taken a small break from the mod tools; have they implemented the ability to change stock scripts yet? I tried looking it up but I couldn't find anything about it.

Not sure about the perks, they are most likely implements where the normal action would take place, for example juggernog is where the player health is handled since it increases it. I can't say exactly where though since I haven't looked.

As far as I know we are not allowed to edit most of the stock scripts, I have heard some can be edited but none of the ones I have tried work.
7 years ago
Loading ...