or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nomorevideos

Does anyone know where I can find a reference on the scale of maps/characters?

Like, I want to know how much 1 unit in the w@w radiant is in metric or inches.
I want to remake a source engine map, which source engine maps have "hammer" as units and 1 hu is 1.9cm.
But how do I find out how much 1 unit is in the radiant?
I know that uh the radiant has different grid sizes, but for example, how much is 1 unit on a grid size of 8 in metric?
7 years ago
I'm sorry if i'm posting this too late, but this map is just awesome.

But i have a question, when i tried to pack-a-punch, i couldn't do it cause i needed "blood" to unlock it, anyone knows how to get it? i walked around the map and nothing :(

You get the blood from a hidden room. There is a youtube tutorial on the whole map and how to get PaP, power, etc.
Just search for it.
7 years ago
Also I don't know if you know this, but the panzer soldat boss was bugged when I played just now.
I was in the underground section where PaP is and I heard him spawn in the beginning of the wave.
I killed most of the zombies before I exited via the hole/dropdown.
I later came back to the underground area and right where you drop down there is a window. I saw him in there, running endlessly trying to prob. get out and go after me.
So that area might have some bugged nav mesh or whatever you call it in the W@W map editor.
7 years ago
Thanks I'm hoping when I can port this map to bo3 it will look much better.

The gun sounds are on the SFX channel so you can just turn that down.  Due to feedback from this map I will be lowering the gun sounds in my next project for bo3 :P Also sorry for the late reply been really busy :/

No worries. I guess I'll try the map out again actually, since it's been a while since I last played it.
I may also just use windows' sound equalizer thingy, so louder sounds become more quiet.
Will you be releasing your BO3 map on the workshop only or also here on ugx once it's done?
7 years ago
Seems to play very nice, but I am having 2 major gripes.
First off the lighting/textures seem a bit off. They look very bright and almost cartoon-y and I don't know why I see them that way. I just feel like certain parts of the map are too bright and don't have any change in lighting.
My other, this time major problem is the optimization.
Some objects seem to have been optimized for a fov of 60, meaning if you play in something bearable like 90, some props will just fade in and out of existence. The bigger problem though is overall optimization. It seems to have the same problem like Icarus (another map on this site) which is very poorly optimized. This map isn't nearly as bad, but I still get frame drops of 50% and more, because I just look a certain direction where a lot of stuff is behind walls (that isn't visible at all).
I have no idea how fps optimization works in w@w, but I played other big and very detailed maps like leviathan and ragnarok and those don't suffer from that problem. Even oil rig or industrial estate don't have those bad drops.
Still, a very nice map and still playable, unlike Icarus which is actually unplayable.
7 years ago
Very nice looking map, but sadly the sound ruins it completely for me.
I like the custom background music and also some sound effects like boarding windows, but the gun sounds literally make me deaf. They have so much gain/bass or whatever. They just sound bad. I know I could try to fumble around with my audio settings and turn sound effects down maybe try to find a good ratio, but I won't bother fucking around with my settings.
Sorry, nice looking and probably playing map, but the sounds for the guns give me a headache.
7 years ago
Oh, btw. I found a spot on the map where you can get stuck using the porternade's special ability.
It's on one of the small bumps on the bridge, between the wall and a small sandbag. I had more grenades at the time, so I could get out of it again.
Also I'd like to ask if this map can be played with 4 players, since in solo (and I'm not kidding) out of about.. 20 games so far, I've never ever spawned as Takeo. It's only Richtofen, Nikolai or Dempsey.
I mean, by pure chance I should play as Takeo around 25% of the time, right?
Mind you, I rarely just stay in the game/restart, but instead back out to the main menu and start a new game. So I get a new random character.
7 years ago
This map looks pretty nice and seems to have a lot of work put into it, but sadly runs like garbage.
I am not familiar at all with the mapping tools of CoD games and how the maps themselves work ingame, but the fps drops are unreal when looking in certain areas/directions without any real reason.
Like, in the source engine with cs:go and stuff, objects and mdoels that aren't in your visible space aren't rendered at all, which helps your fps.
I played some other W@W maps before like ragnarok or leviathan which are much bigger in size (what you can see at once like models and evberything) and I normally get around 45-80fps on those maps, while in the starting room on icarus and the first 2 bought rooms, I get huge fps drops where I got from like 60 or 70 down to 25. Even with shadows disabled I barely get more fps, and the areas with huge fps drops down to 25 don't seem to be better even with stuff like shadows off.
I've tried both 1080p and 720. Even on 720p I still get those drops down to 25-30fps which if you drop from 60+ down to 25 in a second it will make you lag like hell.
I'd love to play this map, but not with sub-hd and nor with those frame drops.
7 years ago
You can play with people online using this modification.
No, you won't get banned.
Yes, you can play with others who aren't using it, but if the map requires T4m
then, they must have it.

Alright, thanks for the help.
7 years ago
Well excuse me, your name has "MAPPER" in big fat green letters below it. So I assumed you're hte one who made this, but now I know it's just a signature and not a thingy that this website automatically adds to your own posts if you post on your own releases.
Also "have a great day maybe you can find a map you can actually beat
and what you did isn't criticism it was whining like a baby, there are ways of suggesting things for improvement other than bitching about how much of a scrub you are"

Oh like Clinic of Evil? Because I did beat that 2 days on my first try. And yes actually beat it, as in completing the easteregg.
Are you legit retarded? I know "hur dur don't insult other people on the forums", but you're the one who thinks he can call me shit like "salty", "whiny baby" and "scrub".
I may not make maps, nor would I ever have the patience and dedication to get into mapping, but I can still judge a map.
I don't need to be a mapper or have made a map in order to give criticism.
And making a map like this, where there is a dumb as fuck "anti cheat" that freezes you in place and fucks you up while text says "player is a cheater" is gay as fuck.
I don't play with "cheats" as I said earlier and even if I want to have them because I play with a friend and I just wanna fuck around ingame, then that's MY choice.
There is 0 reason to be an idiot and put that shit into a map.
You are cancer. You feel the need to reply to me, even though you aren't the creator of this map and talk shit to me, simply because I complaint about this map having dumb design choices.
7 years ago
First off all. There is 0 reason to play CoD zombeis with cheats.
Zombie mode is about being challenging and not about turning on god mode/infinite ammo and standing in a corner for 3 hours while holding down m1.
I enjoy certain games that have a challenge, like L4D2 where I 99% of the time play on either expert or adv. difficulty, because unlike normal or easy  where 1 hit from a zombie takes away 1-2% of your health, on adv. and expert it's 10 and 20% (fronthit, not from the back which is halfed for all settings).
I have 0 fucking reasons to play CoD zombies if not for the challenge, but what I'm not going to do is go into the fucking game settings and use the retarded fov slider every 3 minute because I almost instantly die on your revolution der riese map because I have 0 clue on what's going on with those zombie and mechanics.
And I can't learn them, because I die every 3 minutes and after restarting the map I have this cancer fov of 60 again and I have to go into the menu to change it.
And btw, that was on easy. I first played your map with revolution on with nromal diff. and later chnaged to easy for 2 more games until I tried to use devmap to load your map and tried to use cg_fov 100 which then your gay map froze me and I got killed.
GG.
Because that's exactly how you get people to uninstall your PoS map.
I would have gladly learned the rules of this map if it wasn't for the fact it's tedious to die within 4 rounds and you have to over and over change settings.

tl;dr I don't need to use cheats* in order to play a damn map, but if your map is tedious and annoying to play I won't bother to actually play, learn and recommend it. GG on losing out on someone who prob. would have recommended your map to other people. You're prob the worst example of a mapper. Can't even reply proper to criticism (even when my "criticism" had a harsh tone, you can still see that I was pissed about getting straight out punished for using a fov command).

*because having an actual okay fov of 90 or 100 isn't fucking cheating
7 years ago
Nice map, why only mediafire as download option though?
Mediafire is utter cancer, it will always redirect you to some ad site bullshit.
And I'm running ABP plus a pop up blocker on it, yet I still get redirected on that site.
Would appreciate it if in future projects you could also give us a mega or google drive link.
7 years ago
Can I play online with this?
As in, online with a friend or randoms on a map that requires this mod.
Also do I have to "uninstall" it again when I wanna play a map doesn't require it, or can I just keep it there?
Also what about joining other people's games (people who host maps that don't require t4m and don't have it themselves)?
I don't play normal mp mode only zombies, but I am still kinda ehhh about scrweing around with dll files and stuff that influences the game in a way like this.
Just don't wanna get banned by punkbuster or something.
I would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me.
7 years ago
Why would you punish players for using "cheats"?
First off, people can play their games however they want. Yes you may make the map, but in the end you are the one who made it public.
Seconded, why punish players for "cheating" when they use cg_fov?
Yes I know it's a "cheat" flagged command, but I am not going into the god damn game options and change the fov via slider from 60 to 90 every time I restart the map.
It's cancer sorry.
I just hate when mapper think they need to restrict players.
I kinda see a reason for it in the beginning, if you maybe have an easteregg and wanna keep players from spoiling secret/hidden areas within the first hour of releasing the map, but restricting and punishing players isn't the answer.
If I host a solo game or online with friends I should be able to play any way I want to. Be it with less gravity, infinite ammo or in my case not having to deal with a cancer default fov that's locked at 60.
60. Sixty.
And no, I'm not going to play your revolution game mode for 2 rounds before I get fucked by some weird fire/ice zombies and then when the game restart go into the game options again and change the fov via slider.
Every mapper should take a good look at the maker of Kino Rebirth and how he handle people using the console and "cheat" flagged commands.
The console is enabled by default and so are the cheats. No need for loading the game via devmap command.
Hey why not just do this, make the defaul fov be 90.
I bet that anyone would prefer a 90 degree fov as default fov over fucking 60.
It boggles my mind how people sometimes spend 100s of hours making something, but then deciding to have some dumb, retarded idea that (almost) completely ruins their project.

There is no reason to punish people for "cheating' in their own damn game.
If you don't like people "cheating" on your maps, don't bother to release them.
Don't tell people what to do.
7 years ago
Very nicely done map.
I have a question though, where can I find the hacking device?
I played this map for about 2 hours and got to like round 25 or so before my steamoverlay screwed me over and I had to close the game, but in those 2 hours I never ever found out where to get the hacking tool.
I think I've looked in almost every room, but just never found it.
The only thing I know about it is that is replaces your PES helm thingy since it goes in the same equip slot.
I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me where to find it.
7 years ago
Loading ...