or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - NaviLlicious

Hello, I've been searching high and low but I can't find an answer to this, there are tutorials that tell you how to add already existing voice lines from official zombie maps but what I'm trying to do is add custom voice lines for characters and easter egg steps. What I'm looking for is a tutorial that explains how to create new soundaliases that will trigger from the specific character when easter egg steps are completed, soundaliases that trigger as responses to other characters when they say something and possibly a list of already existing sound aliases that trigger when doing specific things (getting headshots, streaks, knife kills etc), I figure you could just use an already existing set of voice lines from an official map as a reference for that last point but it never seems like the soundalias files contain all the lines from the official maps and you end up with a lot missing and I can not find a tutorial that tells you how to make new voice line aliases that the game will trigger when doing specific things. On top of that using already existing voice line sets won't include references to easter egg steps to my knowledge so there's not much to go off of when looking to have a character say something when completing a step.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated!
1 year ago
Did you only have the typo here? self, not selt... You can add a print statement to check, something like in the zombie_death_even(zombie) script you could put iprintlnbold(zombie.dontGib, " dont gib"); before the zombie waittill( "death" ); to see.
Oh I typed that wrong on here It's self.dontGib = true; In my character file under
Code Snippet
Plaintext
self.gibSpawnTag4 = "J_Knee_LE";
and the script above In my zombiemode_spawner.gsc but I added the iprintinbold to see what It says In game

After putting In the iprintinbold I didn't see anything written In game so I figured I would put what I have down In here this Is what I have In my character.gsc before the precache part of course
Code Snippet
Plaintext
main()
{
codescripts\character::setModelFromArray(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_bodyalias::main());
self.headModel = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_headalias::main());
self attach(self.headModel, "", true);
// self.hatModel = "char_usa_raider_helm1";
// self attach(self.hatModel);
self.gearModel = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_gearalias::main());
self attach(self.gearModel, "", true);
self.voice = "american";
self.torsoDmg1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_upclean";
// self.torsoDmg2 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_rarmoffalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg3 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_larmoffalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg4 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_torsoalias::main());
// self.torsoDmg5 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_behead";
// self.legDmg1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_lowclean";
// self.legDmg2 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_rlegoffalias::main());
// self.legDmg3 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_llegoffalias::main());
// self.legDmg4 = codescripts\character::randomElement(xmodelalias\char_usa_raider_body1_g_legsoffalias::main());
// self.gibSpawn1 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_rarmspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag1 = "J_Elbow_RI";
// self.gibSpawn2 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_larmspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag2 = "J_Elbow_LE";
// self.gibSpawn3 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_rlegspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag3 = "J_Knee_RI";
// self.gibSpawn4 = "char_usa_raider_body1_g_llegspawn";
// self.gibSpawnTag4 = "J_Knee_LE";
self.dontGib = true;
}
and this Is the small part of the zombiemode_spawner.gsc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//	self add_to_spectate_list();
self random_tan();
self set_zombie_run_cycle();
self thread zombie_think();
if(!self.dontGib)
    self thread zombie_gib_on_damage();
self thread zombie_damage_failsafe();
9 years ago
Thanks man didn't know about that!
9 years ago
I have done this before but I guess I forgot a step, I made two images for the sub layer scroll section and erased everything on orniment silver dark and silver soft, I converted soft back to an iwi and moved It to my images folder and opened assman, made a new material labeled orniment_silver_dark, In the color map I have the silver_dark.dds file selected and In the sub layer scroll section I have placed my files and converted everything but In my map the camo Is just a bright white and a shiny silver on some of the parts. I can't remember what else to do and I am seeing some posts talking about silver_etching and I applying It to the weapon and from what I remember last time I did this I copied the material_properties file for silver_etching and copied It over to my images folder but never actual applied It to my gun and the scrolling camo still worked
9 years ago
So I comment out a weapon but where would I comment it out at specifically?
Under dlc3_code look for the semi auto section for example and put // in front of both the standard and upgraded version of the gun, make sure you either have a backup of that .gsc or have a copy under your mods folder
9 years ago
Might be too many weapons In the box? I thought I heard somewhere you can only have so many weapons In the mystery box, maybe try commenting out a weapon from the box like the wunderwaffe and see If your gun shows up?
9 years ago
not sure where this code goes or how??

REPLACE ALL

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );
  cant seem to find this one!! to replace with the bottom one??

WITH

Code Snippet
Plaintext
player maps\bam_bo_mod_bo1_perks_standalone_functions::weapon_give( self.zombie_weapon_upgrade );
It's under zombiemode_weapons
9 years ago
I saw this script In the tutorial and was not sure what to do with It
Code Snippet
Plaintext
players = get_players();
for(i=0;i<players.size;i++)
{
players[i] thread staminup();
players[i] thread deadshot();
players[i] thread mulekick();
}
Is this what you meant when you said remove from mapname.gsc under your notes? Or am i supposed to put that somewhere? I'm at a loss because these were working perfectly before, I went and refollowed every step to make sure I didn't do anything wrong and I have all the perks placed on the map

Edit: Alright so after some testing I have found out that there may be something on the physical map preventing the perks from working, after seeing that It worked In the nazi_zombie_tutorial map I copied the physical main map over and pasted over the nazi_zombie_tutorial map and found out that once I did that the perks stopped working, so Is that possible for something that's placed on the map to prevent the perks from functioning properly?
9 years ago
Ah gotcha that got It working and when insta kill Is on only the heads pop off which Is perfect thanks guys! Now I just need to figure out how to get the BO perks working again

Double Post Merge: November 15, 2014, 06:21:56 am
May have prematurely marked best answer D: so I put
Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!self.dontGib)
In _zombiemode_spawner and I put selt.dontGib = true; In my character file but the models under that character file still gib
9 years ago
in _zombiemode_spawner.gsc

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Code Snippet
Plaintext
if(!isDefined(self.dontGib) || !self.dontGib)

but people will probably complain

set self.dontGib to true in the character file.
Sorry for the late reply been busy, I tried putting that In zombiemode_spawner but the zombies are still being gibbed
9 years ago
I'm using the prefabs from the ultimate perk folder I just downloaded that again to be sure and I'm still having the problem
9 years ago
I have those perks on there too and they work, It's just the machine models are mixed up and staminup has the broken hand icon and can't be grabbed from the wunderfizz machine
9 years ago
Does that include the porter prefab? I have all the perks placed on the map and the wunderfizz, I didn't place the porter prefab, lunar landers, generators, or the zip line would that be the reason?
9 years ago
I am trying to port a character model from BO2 and make It a zombie model and I am also trying to make some of the marine raider models zombies for my map, I got the models In and working as zombies but whenever you shoot off the limbs they revert back to the original zombie models, for the marine raiders I have setup the character file with the gibs and the xmodelaliases, not sure what I am doing wrong exactly under there, and for the BO2 model It didn't have any gibbed models so how do I disable gibbing for these character models?
9 years ago
Alright so I was asking about this a long time ago and still am having the same problem, I have followed the tutorial word for word but whenever I go into the game the staminup machine Is where I put the phd machine prefab and It asks to press F to buy PHD and the place where I put the staminup machine prefab Is double tap and has the broken hand icon, also staminup Is not In the wunderfizz rotation, and the phd machine Is where I put the deadshot machine prefab and asks to buy deadshot, so basically the machines are not going to the proper prefab but the scripts for the prefabs work like they should and staminup Is not "In the map" and by that I mean the prefab for It Is double tap with a broken hand icon and It does not show up In the wunderfizz machine. Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this issue? I put the latest copy of the patch.ff In my mapname folder under my local files along with all the IWD's and I followed the tutorials for the scripting parts, everything except most the black ops perks work and as far as I know mule kick works as It should
9 years ago
Loading ...