or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - NaviLlicious

before you make a new map and try adding it all in there make sure you have every perk in your map somewhere, if you dont want the perk then put it out in BFE where no player will ever see it, and then make sure you put the patch and iwd in your appdata\local\Activision\CODWAW\mods\yourmod and make sure to change the patch from your_map_name_patch to match whatever your map is called. i say this because a few people have mixed it up and left it as your_map_name
I do have all the perks In the map and I put It as mymapname_patch to match what the patch previously was
10 years ago
hmm... im not too sure then.

After I finish work today ill be off for 3 days if you want me to try and help you over skype or something
Yeah I dunno I just added all the stuff over to my appdata folder for my mod and I went and refollowed the tutorial for the BO perks and I go In the game and I still have the same problems, It's just the machines I can get all the perks from the wunderfizz machine and their affects work fine
10 years ago
That's what I do and the perks disappear entirely then when I move them back to where I installed the mod tools they work somewhat which Is something else that's confusing me
10 years ago
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the patch go in :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
User/-youruser-/AppData/Activision/Call Of Duty WaW/Mods/-yourmodname

Not in :

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Program Files (86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Call Of Duty WaW/Mods/-yourmodname

Where did you get the patch? there is a seperate post that covers all Bam perks in one pack, this post is specifically for the BO ones
I downloaded the patch from this post and whenever I put It In the appdata folder It doesn't work It only ever worked when I put It In my mod folder where I put the mod tools
10 years ago
You didnt recompile the patch in error did you?

If you want i can take a look when I get home, or i can send you my stuff so you can see how it works. I have a mod with "just" his BO perks in and snipers tut map
I haven't compiled the patch what I did was I downloaded the patch and IWD's and moved them to my mapname folder under my steam folder, I may have to add them to my map folder under my appdata but I'm not sure If that's needed, I then checked all the scripts on this page and made sure they were In the correct place and they were then I clicked the link for the BO perks tutorial and made sure all the scripts In there were In the right place and they were, the wunderfizz machine can dispense all the perks but the phd and staminup perk machines do not dispense the right perks and the deadshot machine Is the double tap sumpf machine with the broken hand icon on It, mule kick works fine though

Double Post Merge: September 17, 2014, 12:08:12 am
It happens when you dont have all the Black Ops perks in your map, if you leave 1 off it starts glitching until you add all of them then the correct perks will show up at the correct perk machines
I added all the machines In the map though including electric cherry and vulture aid
10 years ago
Make sure you have the correct IWD and the latest MAPNAME_patch

For the wrong perks thing, double check each step of the tutorial

Is it giving you the right affects but wrong icons? Or is it literally giving you the wrong perks?
I just downloaded the latest patch and IWD's, I double checked with the tutorial above and all that Is how It says to be and I did the same for the BO perks tutorial just to be sure and It's literally giving me the wrong perks, If I walk up to the phd machine It says "Press and hold F to buy Deadshot Daquiri" and when I go to the staminup machine It says "Press and hold F to buy PHD Flopper" and when you buy from the phd machine the deadshot shader and effects show up etc. This originally started happening about a month ago the perks were working just fine I didn't mess with anything In the script and I took my laptop to a friends house so I can work on the map some and when I went to test It I noticed the perks weren't working correctly, but before I left my house they were working just fine.
10 years ago
I'm having a problem I can't seem to fix but for some reason the perks are mixed up, the PHD machine gives deadshot, the staminup machine gives phd and the deadshot machine doesn't show up It's just the double tap machine model and has the broken hand symbol on It, I tried re-adding the scripts and re-adding the files and the patch file but It still doesn't work properly
10 years ago
Thanks for the replies guys lol
10 years ago
By default there is no limit on how many perks a player can obtain

You infact actually have to define a limit, should the need arise

So what im saying is, If you added a fifth perk, you would, by default, be able to obtain it
I have defined a 4 perk limit but I want to make It so when a certain power-up Is grabbed It allows a limit of 5 perks for the player who grabbed It and continues to rise If they keep grabbing that power-up
10 years ago
Yeah you make the camo move through asset manager, to get the camo Itself set up you need to make the orniment_silver_dark iwi blank In paint.net then you make another image or two, the max you can have Is two scrolling images, then you make them to your desire. Once you have made silver dark blank and created the two images you go over to asset manager and In there you make a new material called "orniment_silver_dark" and you setup the material normally and In color map you put In orniment_silver_dark, the one you just made blank, and then you scroll towards the bottom and check enable under "sub layer scroll" and In multiply layer you would put your scrolling image and I think you have to have an image In base layer too so just put the same image In base layer as well If you just have one image then you just edit Uscroll and Vscroll, Uscroll Is up and down and Vscroll Is left and right I believe. If you have 2 images you want on the gun the n base layer scroll will be the bottom image and multiply layer would put the other image on top of base layer. If this doesn't make sense I can make a step by step tutorial on It
10 years ago
Alright so you know how on Origins If you get the golden shovel you can get the perk bottles from dig sites and they allow the player to hold one more perk? I'm assuming those perk bottles qualify as power-up drops so I was wondering how to replicate that In world at war excluding the dig mechanic, what I am asking for Is does anyone know of a way to allow a player to unlock more than 4 perk slots If they pick up a power-up?
10 years ago
Trem is correct, there are no fail safes.
Although you have tested the script, this does not mean that it is glitch/bug free. There are many things to take into consideration when having the player ride on a moving object.

Like trem said, the player movement must be either restricted or prevent jumping. I would suggest that you prevent jumping due to the fact that if you jump while the elevator is moving up, the player can clip into the ground, thus getting stuck and not being able to move.

Another issue that could occur using an elevator script would involve doors (which yours does not included, very "real world" indeed), which would have to push players into the elevator or have perfect timing to prevent players from being stuck in them.

Lastly zombie pathing would be disrupted when riding the elevator and the zombies would not know where or what to go for. For this I would suggest that you add a point of interest that the zombies go after while the players are on the elevator.
I have tested jumping In the elevator and there was no issue with players getting stuck, I thought I said that the barriers would be included once I found out how to add them correctly but I may have forgot to say that my apologies and those would be the doors that close and open for the elevator, as for pathing there was a script that killed the zombies when you went a certain distance from the zombies and respawn them In the closest zone to the player so the zombies can reach the player http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2928.15 thanks again DualVII, like I said I'm not much of a scriptor I'm trying to learn and thought I could try to help I will admit there will probably be bugs and glitches with this script but also like I said I have tested the moving elevator itself and have had no problems when moving or jumping In the elevator while It's going up or down and am trying to figure out how I would add the doors so they open/close by themselves, a temporary fix would be to make the elevator shaft so you can't move forward out the open door until It has hit either the top floor or the bottom floor If I'm making any sense, I would also like to add the original script of this Is not mine I just edited It to try and fit the OP's request I am not taking credit for the original script whatsoever I don't remember who It was originally from unfortunately but like I said I take no credit for the script Itself I just altered It to try to help the OP
10 years ago
Do not use this script, it has no failsafes for players jumping/moving inside of the elevator. Either jumping should be disabled on all riders or they should be linked to a struct which is linked to the elevator.
There wasn't meant to be one for this script this elevator script Is meant to be used for elevators that we use In the real world, the barrier would have been the closing door, that way players could not jump out of the elevator but also don't get stuck while moving I had tested the elevator script without the trigger and barrier additions and the script itself works fine for an elevator that goes up and down on a loop
10 years ago
I pulled this script and edited It some I'm no scripter so this could be wrong but
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

init()
{
level.elevator = getentarray("elemavator", "targetname");
level.barrier = getentarray("elemavatorbar", "targetname");
level.buytrig1 = getent("trigger1", "targetname");
level.buytrig2 = getent("trigger2", 'targetname");
level.speed = 10;
level.below = -100;
level.up = 105;
level.high = 350;
level.downer = -350;
for( i = 0; i < level.elevator.size; i++ )
level.elevator[i] thread elevator_think();
}

elevator_think()
{
self thread go_down();
wait 15;
self thread go_up();
wait 15;
self thread elevator_think();
}

go_down()
{
flag_wait( "electricity_on" );
buytrig1 waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.below, level.speed);
}

go_up()
{
flag_wait( "electricity_on" );
buytrig2_waittill ("trigger");
        self movez (level.up, level.speed);
}
you will obviously have to change how many units you want the elevator to move and you will need to add the trigger, this Is without the barrier since I'm not a scripter I would have to play around with this until I figured out a way lol this Is also untested so It may or may not come with an error or two also It will wait until the power Is turned on until It will move
10 years ago
Oh! That got It working thank you, I don't know why It was set to Y I guess that's default?
10 years ago
Loading ...