or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JR-Imagine

we wurked vry hard on dis map guis, wofles is gr8 mappur and am best scriptur so is best map evr
9 years ago
terraint editors are very good, but i really prefer the radiant one.
You prefer having to manually add vertices to your terrain patch to allow for more complex terrain?
You prefer not even being given the option to import heightmaps?
You prefer having to redo the texturing of the terrain every time you make a slight edit?

Could name some other things but you get the point.

Also try to make a house in the new engine's and later make a house in radiant. You going to see a big difference.
Developers have been using 3D modelling software for structures etc for years now. They give you more control and allow you to optimise better with lower polycounts unlike brushes. There's very few editors that still rely on brushes to create structures.
9 years ago
I'm 90% sure all of those level editors are based off of the GtkRadiant or earlier Quake editors anyway. They just adopted the original technology behind them and then ported them for their personal needs.
Stop assuming stuff... GtkRadiant is open source with a GPL License, meaning its source can't be used unless the product using it is open sourced too.

Calling Radiant better than the newer editors is silly to say the least. Have you actually played around with any modern editors? They contain a TON more useful features for developers compared to Radiant (UE4's blueprints for example). A great example of why Radiant is nothing compared to modern editors: Terrain. Radiant's terrain editing is trivial and in no way user friendly compared to, for example, CryEngine's terrain editor.

Edit: No 2D grid? Yeah, GtkRadiant FTW.
While I agree a 2D grid can be useful sometimes, the implementation of viewports in modern editors is sufficient and arguably a better way of handling 2D manipulation in a 3D space. Usually 2D grids become cluttered anyway.
9 years ago
Quick update: Got bored and decided to finish off the Level Compile tab:
Spoiler: click to open...
Everything fully working. :3
9 years ago
iPhone app for custom zombies? Lol. Have fun paying for Apple Developer Licenses just for this.
9 years ago

General
CoDScript Modtools will be a patch for the modtools fixing various bugs. It'll also include a new launcher and script placer with a clean UI.

Launcher
This is currently the main focus of the project. This will include a replacement for the stock launcher of WaW and a script placer to replace Script Placer Z. Unlike the other launchers you might have seen, this launcher is built from scratch using solely my own code and some libraries required to make it work without depending on external executables for things such as archiving etc (eg: 7zip used by the stock launcher for building IWDs).

Currently I've implemented and got working the following features:
  • IWD Builder (Most likely will be faster than the one in the stock launcher due to using a zip library instead of external zipping from 7zip, not tested on speeds though.)
  • Zone File Editor
  • Fastfile Builder
  • Auto WaW installpath detection for use of the launcher outside of the root folder
  • Clean UI design

Planned features are:
  • Console (NOT going to stream output of programs such as linker_pc to the console live due to memory issues with certain applications *cough* EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256 *cough*)
  • Sound Builder
  • Level Compiler
  • Script Placer
  • Game Launcher (with allowance for arguments being passed, eg: fs_game, devmap, developer, ...)
  • Application Launcher for Radiant, Asset Manager, Asset Viewer and Effects Editor
  • Auto Updater

Note regarding console streaming:
You will be required to tick Verbose for any sort of output streaming towards the console, this will allow for faster compile times as the program won't have to keep track of output if it's not ticked. There will be an option to not launch programs (eg: linker_pc) in silent mode so you can still see the output without the need of streaming it (Verbose will be disabled if this is enabled), again, resulting in faster compile times.

Patch
The modtools patch included with this will fix a lot of issues similar to what UGX has done with their patch but will also add support for new features easily enabled through variables in mapname.gsc. The script placer will offer simple check boxes and input fields for these variables so you don't have to manually edit all of them.

Image(s)

Edit:
Did some more work on it and finished off the sound builder and console output stream:
9 years ago
Verruckt isn't crap.
Neither is Shangri-La. All personal opinion TBH as I enjoyed Shangri-La quite a bit.
9 years ago
Just to give you an idea:

That's one of the better results I've gotten. To give you an idea of my average load times:

Ran a speed test on the website using Pingdom: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/Z4PXX/ugx-mods.com

I barely ever download anything from the map manager etc so I just voted for slower load times. ^
9 years ago
Your all drunk. The dress is clearly black & blue.
You sir are either drunk or blind.
The dress is clearly pink and green.
9 years ago
Here's a little gift cause you reached this amazing milestone:

Inb4 entire thread filled with people arguing over the colour of the dress. :poker:
9 years ago
The WIP screenshot... Is that... Comic Sans? :mother:
Quick tip about UI design: Stick to clean fonts like the Segoe family (especially Segoe UI :3) for example. No one likes Comic Sans. :poker:
9 years ago
Guessing you didn't post the full error, is this what you're getting?
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Server Script Compile Error
Can't find server script 'animscripts/dog_init!!!
(see console for details)

If so, compile your map's patch file (mapname_patch).
9 years ago
no I haven't ive been hitting solo to play it and it just keeps flipping from the p226 i think the starting gun is
Well that's weird... I have no idea what's going on, lol.

Then it's a stupid troll. And no, I don't just press F on everything :')
It's actually an amazing troll seeing as it made so many people rage. :please:
9 years ago
anyway you could help me with your map my guy just switches the starting gun ive tried waiting re installing twice and the same outcome any thing you can do to help me fix this?
By any chance, did you do /give all? :poker:
9 years ago
I don't care about jumpscares at all. I love the ones in Mob of the Dead and Origins. But really..

If I turn it off (which I did), I like it to be turned off and not get 10 million mini heart attacks. Like I'm just running for zombies and another jumpscare. Doing nothing but just walking and get a jumpscare.

Either way don't let people choose it or just turn it off if it's turned off in the menu. This makes me like the map a lot less...

Seriously though:
9 years ago
Loading ...