or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JR-Imagine

_loadout.gsc is irrelevant to the error you are getting. The error you are getting is related to dogs being enabled but not having their spawners set up (correctly). If you want dogs then look for some tuts on youtube on how to set up their spawners. I'd recommend this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlJNKwTaOqM This guy helped me out alot, I just started mapping abut a month ago. :)

If you don't want dogs then go to _zombiemode.gsc and delete this line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	maps\_zombiemode_dogs::init();
If you still get that error then I'd recommend watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8LrKDRR89I Currently I didn't have to do any of the other things but that's propably because I use UGX-Mod all the time...

Edit: I haven't gotten the anims_dogs error myself so I can't help you out with that one if you still keep getting it unless you can show the developer console when you get that error.
11 years ago
that mule kick script give you free weapons(what i see), this weekend i going to try to make it again.

or today.
Yeah, that's the only way people have been able to do it as far as I know. That's why I try to keep those weapons low powered. Although M14 isn't that bad, neither is the Deagle.
11 years ago
For those looking for a completely fixed Mule Kick and perk loss on death: CLICK

First of all I'd like to thank BamSkater33 for his time and effort he put into making the perks work with stock maps, he helped the community a lot. Also, please note that this is only a temporary solution untill the UGX team releases UGX-Mod v1.1. :rainbow:
I'd also like to mention that I'm still not able to make the perks go away after you die. ALL other things have been fixed that were needed to be fixed for UGX compatibility. If anyone has a solution for this, please feel free to share this with us. :)

First of all, I'm asuming that you already have done all modifications to the code needed to continue with this tutorial. If not: http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=10345.0 DO NOT add in the codes for Quick Revive sine UGX already has a fixed Quick Revive.

Now onto the fixes:

1. Fixing Mule Kick

Go to mods/mapname/mapname.gsc and look for this line from Bam's tut:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
mule_kick()
{

self.given_kick = false;

while(1)
{

player_load = self GetWeaponsListPrimaries();

if((self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 1)&&(self.given_kick == false))
{
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_colt")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_colt");
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_kar98k")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_kar98k");

if( player_load.size == 2)
{
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_m1carbine")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_m1carbine");
}
self.given_kick = true;
}

if((self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 2)&&(self.given_kick == false))
{
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_colt")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_colt");
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_kar98k")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_kar98k");

{
if(!(self hasweapon("zombie_m1carbine")))
self giveWeapon("zombie_m1carbine");
}
self.given_kick = true;
}

if(!(self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 3))
{
if(player_load.size == 3 && self.being_revived == false)
{
self.muleweapon = player_load[2];
self takeweapon(self.muleweapon);
}
self.given_kick = false;
}

wait .1;
}
}

Replace this WHOLE chunck of code with:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
mule_kick()
{

self.given_kick = false;

while(1)
{

if((self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 1)&&(self.given_kick == false))
{
if(!(self hasweapon("silver_deagle")))
self giveWeapon("silver_deagle");
if(!(self hasweapon("m9")))
self giveWeapon("m9");

{
if(!(self hasweapon("m14")))
self giveWeapon("m14");
}
self.given_kick = true;
}

if((self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 2)&&(self.given_kick == false))
{
if(!(self hasweapon("m9")))
self giveWeapon("m9");

{
if(!(self hasweapon("m14")))
self giveWeapon("m14");
}
self.given_kick = true;
}

if(!(self hasperk("specialty_extraammo"))&&( player_load.size == 3))
{
if(player_load.size == 3 && self.being_revived == false)
{
self.muleweapon = player_load[2];
self takeweapon(self.muleweapon);
}
self.given_kick = false;
}
wait .1;
}
}
What this does is it basicly tells the game to add the weapons from UGX specified in the script to be added to the players weapon slots. Feel free to change the weapons to your likings.

2. Fixing Jugg (Yes, it's bugged after using the BO perks...)

Go to mods/mapname/ugx_mod.iwd/maps/_zombiemode_perks_black_ops.gsc. On line 43 change this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	set_zombie_var( "zombie_perk_juggernaut_health",	160 );

Into:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	set_zombie_var( "zombie_perk_juggernaut_health",	280 );
Change the health value from 280 to anything else. (250 is the default in Der Riese, but I just like 280 more. :) )

3. Fixing perk shaders (icons)

There is a simple fix for this. Due to custom perk shaders having to be included in a .ff file we will have to tick the "Build mod.ff fastfile" option:

After compiling your map the Project Mover application will rename the mod.ff file you created to "localized_mapname.ff". (if set up correctly)

EXTRA'S

4. Lighting issues on perk machines
Go into Radiant and select one of the BO perk machines. (Mule Kick in this example) Then press the "Stamp" button.

Normally your perk machine should be lighted ingame now. (IDK why they aren't when still in Radiant as a prefab) If not, select the model entity for your perk machine and turn it into a misc->model by right clicking and selecting misc>model.

5. Changing prices
Open mods/mapname/ugx_mod.iwd/maps/_zombiemdoe_perks_black_ops.gsc and look for: (line 166)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
		cost = level.zombie_vars["zombie_perk_cost"];
switch( perk )
{
case "specialty_detectexplosive": //phd flopper
cost = 2000;
break;

case "specialty_longersprint": //staminup
cost = 2000;
break;

case "specialty_extraammo": //mule kick
cost = 4000;
break;

case "specialty_bulletaccuracy": //deadshot
cost = 1500;
break;
}
This contains the prices for all BO perks.

For an example I will be editing the price for Mule Kick. Find:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cost = 3000;
break;
And replace "3000" with the price you want Mule Kick to be, for example:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
cost = 4000;
break;

6. Changing "Second Chance" string for Quick Revive to "Quick Revive" & changing the price (this is NOT a string for Bam's perks but for the UGX Revive)

String:
Open mods/mapname/ugx_mod.iwd/maps/_zombiemode_perks.gsc and find:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// UGX_SCRIPT - self-revive quickrevive hintstring change
ugxm_sp_quickrevive_hint_update()
{
self SetHintString("Press & hold &&1 to buy Second Chance [Cost: " + 500 + ", Uses Left: " + level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses + "]");
while(1)
{
level waittill("ugxm_selfrevive_used_quickrevive");
usesleft = level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses - level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses;
if(level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses >= level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses)
{
self SetHintString("Second Chance disabled!");
break;
}
else
{
self SetHintString("Press & hold &&1 to buy Second Chance [Cost: " + level.ugxm_chance_cost[level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses] + ", Uses Left: " + usesleft + "]");
}
}
}
// UGX_SCRIPT END

Change this to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// UGX_SCRIPT - self-revive quickrevive hintstring change
ugxm_sp_quickrevive_hint_update()
{
self SetHintString("Press & hold &&1 to buy Quick Revive [Cost: " + 500 + ", Uses Left: " + level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses + "]");
while(1)
{
level waittill("ugxm_selfrevive_used_quickrevive");
usesleft = level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses - level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses;
if(level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses >= level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_maxuses)
{
self SetHintString("Quick Revive disabled!");
break;
}
else
{
self SetHintString("Press & hold &&1 to buy Quick Revive [Cost: " + level.ugxm_chance_cost[level.ugxm_sp_quickrevive_uses] + ", Uses Left: " + usesleft + "]");
}
}
}
// UGX_SCRIPT END

Price:
Open mods/mapname/ugx_mod.iwd/maps/_zombiemode_perks.gsc and find:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	// UGX_SCRIPT - ability to disable vendings
level waittill("ugxm_voting_complete");

if(!level.ugxm_settings["allow_perks"])
{
self SetHintString( level.ugxm_strings["hint_disabled"] );
self SetCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
return;
}
level.ugxm_chance_cost = [];
level.ugxm_chance_cost[0] = 500;
level.ugxm_chance_cost[1] = 1500;
level.ugxm_chance_cost[2] = 3000;
// UGX_SCRIPT END

Change to this for the BO prices: (constant 500, please note that this might not be the most efficient method but it is however the easiest)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	// UGX_SCRIPT - ability to disable vendings
level waittill("ugxm_voting_complete");

if(!level.ugxm_settings["allow_perks"])
{
self SetHintString( level.ugxm_strings["hint_disabled"] );
self SetCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" );
return;
}
level.ugxm_chance_cost = [];
level.ugxm_chance_cost[0] = 500;
level.ugxm_chance_cost[1] = 500;
level.ugxm_chance_cost[2] = 500;
// UGX_SCRIPT END

As I already said, I stil haven't fixed the issue where perks won't go away when you go down. If anyone knows how to fix this, please post a reply and I'll add it to the tutorial and give you credit. Also, if you encounter any other problems, please tell me and I'll try to fix them. I don't remember there being any other problems I fixed but it is possible I forgot some.

I hope this helped you guys out a bit. :)
11 years ago
Are you guys using something like Tunngle? Cause for some reason my WaW is all f*d up and isn't able to look for lobbies accros the internet in Co-op, only LAN works. :S I'd love to participate though.
11 years ago
They should be on by default for development reasons. If that's not the case, are you using UGX-Mod? If yes, there should be a setting in ugxm_user_setting.cfg for it. ;)
11 years ago
Are you building both the .iwd and the mod.ff files when building your mod? (unlike Treminaor's tut)
I found that solved my issues with for example the BO perk shaders not showing.
11 years ago
You could also just look into let's say comosea's ugxm_guns.iwd file and then navigate to weapons->sp. ;)
11 years ago
^^I lolled at that. XD
11 years ago
Insomniac

This map features UGX Mod v1.0.3! For a full list of features, click here.

Somewhere... Where war has been gone for ages... An evil rises... In Insomniac you play as a prisoner who is being held captive in an underground Nazi base. The Germans where experimenting with chemicals on humans when one tried to resist and broke a bottle with one of the chemicals. The prisoner went insame and killed the Germans in a rage. But what he would have never expected happended, the chemical was spreaded in the room and suddenly one of the guards stood up again... With no head... The prisoner tried to escape but was killed, the base went in lockdown. You and three friends managed to distract a guard and escape from the prison. However, when you nearly reached the outside world, all hell broke lose. It is your goal to try to escape from this evil place.

This map has a lot of features to enhance your gameplay experience, including:
- UGX-Mod 1.0.3 (No Degradation for Gungame)
- BO Perks (are a little bit buggy)
- Acension Vision
- Zombie Counter
- Buyable Ending
- Buyable Ammo
- Buyable Raygun (Secret Debris)

Some pics:

Starting room. (partially)

I love that painting. =)

What the...?!

Power!

What's that at the end of the hallway with the misterious locked doors?

Whoever managed to get through this wall...

Pack some Punch.

Out of ammo?

It's a mistery...

Update 9/20:
Dat fix trem. :)

Update 9/28:
Meh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXSqJMTdWU
11 years ago
This is weird, I'm sure I placed that turret prefab. :S I'll post an updated version asap. ;)
Edit: Uploading... This time Installer and Archive to choose from btw.
Edit 2: New links in the FP.
11 years ago

Size: Box

Features:
- UGX-Mod
- Zombie Counter
- Buyable Ending
- Buyable Ammo
- Acension Vision

This was just a little side project, I thought it would be fun to make something that has a challenging gameplay.
Have fun!

Download: http://bit.ly/1bw5kmn (Installer) or http://bit.ly/12yWrDh (Archive)

EDIT: 9/20 Download fixed.
11 years ago
When you mention things like "challenge (making a map in 1 hour)"  it makes me think one to three rooms in which you'll realize how screwed you are in under 5 minutes and around a 20k buyable ending. But you also mention "unique fealing to the gungame and sharpshooter gamemodes", if my assumption of this map is anywhere near true I challenge you to reach a little bit higher and try to make this map different than the multitude of other maps out there JUST like this.
It's awesome that you are making a map but even a first map can be creative in design even if it's not polished to shine. I am bookmarking this one to make a video on, so give me something to work with  ;D

It's not my "first" map. It's my first public map. It's actually just a side-project from my main project wich is a lot bigger in size. It's ment to be played in 4 player co-op. Otherwise, well, you are indeed kinda screwed. (2-3 player co-op is actually still quite possible, almost finished the map with a friend of mine some hours ago. But solo is pretty hard, although, round 12 was quite good for a first try...)
PS.: Buyable ending is a little bit higher then 20k. :P 2.5 times actually. I just got the layout finished of my main project "Insomniac" about... 2 days ago? Don't remember exactly. I'm working on the details now. I did a Dev Log on some of the features of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2Vo6S2meA Should get it's own thread by next week. ;)

Post Merge: August 24, 2013, 12:31:17 pm
This map has now been released an is available for download here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=1012.0
Also, keep an eye out for my main project wich will be posted soon.
11 years ago

Locked was originally intended to be made as challenge (making a map in 1 hour) but due to a lot of errors I restarted from scratch. The map was still made quite fast (only several hours) but now includes custom scripts such as:

- Acension Vision
- Buyable Ending
- Buyable Ammo

This map runs UGX Mod 1.0.3 and is made to give a unique fealing to the gungame and sharpshooter gamemodes. As the name suggests you are locked up, there's now way out... Unless... you get the points to "Call For Help".

This is my first public map and I am proud of the gameplay experience I created with this map. You'll see for yourself on Saturday...

Any tips or ideas for other maps are welcome!
11 years ago
Loading ...