or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Gabrielle

If it really happens... I'll be the happiest guy on earth!
8 years ago
I love playing The Giant! The map is just like the old Der Riese map but it has such better graphics and I enjoy every second of it! The only downside is it doesn't have returned weapons like Thompson PPsh-41 and MG42 but hey, it's still nice.

About Shadows of Evil... I like the map but it's too scary and too hard for me. Don't enjoy it that much but it isn't bad. It's fun to play with a Dutch friend, just talking randomly and having fun.

I like the zombies mode, the addition of the gumballs (or w/e they're called) is great and that you can unlock more of them. The weapon system is great as well, this way you can have a reflex sight if you don't like the iron sights of a certain gun.

Cannot wait for the DLC maps!
8 years ago
1. Der Riese - Nothing beats this map, it's the best map, this started everything: pack a punch, teleporting, monkeys, extra melee things. Especially the WaW version is amazing!

2. MOTD - This map is amazing, loved it and it wasn't all that hard if you had a little bit of skills. Loved the blundergat and the story behind the map and the characters. EE was great IMO.

3. Origins - A great map with a great easter egg. Great wonder weapons and a lot to do. The only downside is that everything takes a long time to get and it is really frustrating if you just got everything and one silly mistake kills you.

4. Moon - An okay map, I loved it but it wasn't my most favourite one. Had some nice things, a nice wonder weapon, a lot of perks, the hacker, the QED and anti-gravity. The downsides are sometimes you walk through a door and you get grabbed by the astronaut, and the excavators (or w/e they're called) are annoying as hell.
9 years ago
Okay...

Me: *dies*
Me: *stands up*
Me: *insta dies bcuz 20000 zombies which don't go away*

Yeah... I'm out.
9 years ago
Did you ever run the converter when you first used the BO mod tools? There could be materials that you are missing that it is throwing an assert error. Typically the assert error in my experience with BO1 is either a broken/missing material. Some times I thought I had converted a material properly and turns out I didn't. It could be the hud icons, scope overlays, or one of the materials for the guns itself.

I know it's a late answer, but thanks because I reinstalled BO and mod tools and did the converter and now it works! :D
9 years ago
Hardest map. I only came to round 23 with an upgraded MG42 with Double Tap. But well... the idea was fun. But almost impossible to run around. Just camped at juggernog.
9 years ago
3 times now ive told you to skip this step so we can at least verify that it is "loading", if you copy a galil for example, just leave it "entirely" as it is

Copied ak74u_upgraded_zm to my weapon/sp folder in my mod and added weapon,sp/ak74u_upgraded_zm, and now still got the error.
9 years ago
what are you finding so difficult about

copy a weaponfile and change nothing in it?

just copy one, change its weaponfile name, forget display name as thats just confusing you, i only said change that so you could clearly tell in game you have your new gun, and not the original

weapon,sp/WEAPONNAME

then try it

Its exactly the same but not really necessary

forget reusing existing weaponnames till alter, we just wanna check your stuff loads

I don't find anything difficult. But I already stated a million times that gave me the Assert error. What I did EXACTLY:

1. Go to raw/weapons/sp
2. Copy m16_zm
3. Go to MOD/weapons/sp
4. Paste m16_zm
5. Change m16_zm filename to zombie_m1carbine
6. Added weapon,sp/zombie_m1carbine
7. Got assert error

So tell me what I did wrong because I don't know anymore.
9 years ago
copy any gun from mod tools

open its weapon file, and give the the name "I AM A GUN"

rename the weaponfile "IAMAGUN"

weapons,sp/IAMAGUN

dont touch anything else

theres literally no reason why that wouldnt work

With name you mean displayName or not? Also I need to keep the WaW weapon names as I need to replace wall weapons that already exist (and can't edit map files of course). And the rest is just what I already did.
9 years ago
Again

The DLC guns are not "in the mod tools"

not the guns, not the weapon files, not the sounds, not the textures, not the models, not the soundalises, not the anims

NOTHING

running the converter just gets you the stock assets, none of the DLC ( classic map pack/ressurection are "both" dlc )

you will need to "port" them

Talking about a non-DLC gun, not a DLC gun.
9 years ago
Are you using models that are already in the bo1 tools?

Yes. I simply took a BO weapon file (like the M14), changed the name (and later to test, tried remaking it in asman) and added the weapon, shit.
9 years ago
change the name in the file

I think its complaining that its calling a localized string that doesnt exist?

No can't see it anywhere I tried changing the display name but that didn't work the rest shouldn't call a localized string.

I get assert whenever a material used by a model I'm compiling does not exist. So let's say I have a model "t5_galil_view" and it has material "t5_galil_camo"
If t5_galil_camo does not exist, Launcher will throw assert at me.

That's weird as I have ran the converter before and it should get them from raw right?
9 years ago
Ah okay, I will try to figure some things out.

Just a *hopefully* last question, I try to replace a gun from the wall, so I copied the entry in my gdt of a gun and called it a gun from the wall. Then I tried to do weapon,sp/FILENAME, but then I get Assert alert (with as title filesize > 0). What is the problem of that?
9 years ago
You can find a dump of the BO1 raw with DLC online somewhere, wont have weapon files in it tho ( prob not the sound alises tho, but they will be the same as in WAW anyway? Even the other settings and models will be reused? )

I don't know, but if the settings are the same, then creating a new weapon file won't be so hard. Just a matter of opening a WaW gunfile and asman. Will try it out soon.

Just a question and don't take it as an offence or something but if it doesn't have the gun files isn't it useless if it's related to this question?
9 years ago
or have it already built in a ff

which they currently wont be in any other than BO1 - Der rieses FF

and in that case wouldnt need adding to mod.csv

its dlc technically, so cant be added the "easy" way, youll need to "make" them

Well that sucks, have to go through all the work of getting the correct soundalias entries, anims and shit. Thanks though for clearing it out for me.
9 years ago
Loading ...