Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.

I just got my physical copy of ttlb and basically wanted to do a small shout-out that it's finally available.
A review will follow soon when I've heard it a few more times.

Is Benn still a thing in the zombies community? Did anyone else hype this album so much?
broken avatar :(
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
Me like benns music and was hyped for this album
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(

Just got my copy, Been super hyped. I'd highly recommend buying it!
Not many hard copies left either.

He's a lot less active with zombies as of now, but I loved what he did and always loved his (And Callums) personal music too.
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I didn't get such an awesome signature on my copy.. but you can't have everything:p
Really like the idea of that thank you card, it earned a place on my desk
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
I very much dislike Benn, PTG and his music. As a person he was extremely toxic during the BO2 season. I found his zombie music to be too comical to take serious. His Two Down stuff non zombie related is not bad though.

As for being still a part of the zombie community, he has for the most part slaughtered BO3 until recently where he changed his tune and is now apparently supporting it. I doubt PTG as a channel will ever properly recover though after what they did during the BO2 season, especially if they act the same way but you never know.

I am sure he doesn't have the same sources he once had for his info though.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I very much dislike Benn, PTG and his music. As a person he was extremely toxic during the BO2 season. I found his zombie music to be too comical to take serious. His Two Down stuff non zombie related is not bad though.

As for being still a part of the zombie community, he has for the most part slaughtered BO3 until recently where he changed his tune and is now apparently supporting it. I doubt PTG as a channel will ever properly recover though after what they did during the BO2 season, especially if they act the same way but you never know.

I am sure he doesn't have the same sources he once had for his info though.
Seems like you guys are discussing a event that i never heard of lol. Got any links? I wanna read / watch about this now
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
I actually read through some of these conversations on the old forums and I'm really sad about what happened back then.
Even though PTG IS smaller than it used to be I like its new pace and feel like it's way better this way.

Some of his music was pretty commercial for what he stands for and for the zombies-community in general but if it hadn't been this way I'm not sure if he would have been able to continue making music/content.

Still I don't know him personally and can only talk about the person he is on camera and this person is a very inspiring and surprisingly deep one.
Date Registered: 10 July 2014
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
StareIntoMe's Groups
StareIntoMe's Contact & Social Links
I didn't think I would ever find a Two Down shout out on this forum... That's awesome! :D
Especially how some of the community discredits him, but ya'll have your reasons! I loved his Zombies albums, there are a few stormers but they aren't all great songs. For Zombies III I was expecting a more theatrical experience of the the first album. In some ways they succeeded but the album felt pretty jumpy from time to time, and the Mïnä's didn't really compliment the songs thereafter eachother.  Hope was pretty much restored for me ever since he brought out his take on Extinction, and I think with the second Zombies album just around the corner, this album right here is totally worth your time.

Regarding PTG, they've always been small. Sure they will always have their spells of views here or there, but there aren't many community members as there used to be... (I think there are like 5 now or something)  :-\
I hope that someday people will grow to respect what Ben does in the long run, because there is  always good there to be sought...  It is easier for people to pick apart a persons flaws than it is to love. Haha! I sound like a darn hipster!  8)
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
OK, onto the review:

First off I can't put this into any genre, every song had its own mix reaching from Hardcore to pop-music.
The intro was relatively good (like really good for an intro but I'll still skip it most of the time) and had this structure where it started really quiet and grew really loud at the end. This has been a thing on several Benn/Two Down songs now and I really love it.
Judging by the sound Legacy and This Time Around were my favorites (to the point where I screamed along in my car :gusta:).
Lyric wise I can't quite decide as I didn't encounter anything bad yet, however I don't know them all at this point as I didn't read along. From what I could make out it's probably The Unit (or the two named above).
They did keep this "Two Lost Boys" theme quite well throughout the whole album yet every song had its own topic reaching from paying respect to ones parents to thoughts about what happens after death.

Additionally I have to say that I liked hearing the typical "old" sound of two down and Benns iconic screams known from the Zombies-albums from time to time and it felt like they finally found a sound they are satisfied with.
For my personal taste a few parts of some songs were a bit slow and it could have been a bit heavier in general but for what they wanted to achieve it was just right.

I recommend this album to anyone who likes Melodic Metalcore, the old Linkin Park and Indie-Music (oh god, did I really just use this title?).
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 08:11:58 pm by Alerion

Loading ...