UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Daft Punk Alive 1997 Remake Review (now with download)

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by conn6orsuper117
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
DAFT PUNK ALIVE 1997 Zoleol edition review
   hello everyone. today i bring something different to the table of UGX mods. I decided to go out of my comfort zone and review a free fan album recreating one of my personal favorite performances.

Album download (only Mediafire sadley):[/b][/size]

History
   Back in 97' Daft punk toured in many areas during the DAFTENDIREKTOUR. surprisingly one of the best performances was released with only 8 tracks performed live at the Que Club in Birmingham, UK. Fortunately I have a relative who actually attended the event, and he speaks otherwise.
        He says the performance included much more tracks unreleased. For unknown reasons, Daft punk has chosen not to release anymore footage or recordings of the many other performances (20+ as far as my research goes). Only through bootlegs and archives have we found other performances, such as REX CLUB, HULTSFRED, BOREALIS and a Trailer video & Only one song live at the MAYAN THEATER in L.A. Only performances known to not be found was the full QUE CLUB and REDBOX Festival, which both included 16 tracks.

What fans, like Zoleol, have done is Recreate Que Club/Redbox performances to his depiction. Most people dont recreate the full playlist, leaving DJ Zoleol holding the current best & longest remake so far.

TRACKLIST
1. MUSIQUE
2. SHORT CIRCUIT
3. DA FUNK/DAFTENDIREKT
4. 10 MINUTES OF FUNK (by armand van helden)
5. ROLLING N' SCRATCHIN 2.0
6. WDPK (REV. 909 LIVE EDITION)
7. PULSAR
8. ALIVE
9. C.L.S. CAN YOU FEEL IT (ALIVE SYNTH COVER)
10. BURNIN'
11. ROCK N' ROLL/OH YEAH
12. FRESH
13 DISCO EROTICA/REVOLUTION 909 (album mix)
14. AROUND THE WORLD
15. Giorgio Moroder's THE CHASE
16. TEACHERS/CAN'T HIDE FROM YOUR BUD

What does it include:
   Pretty much all of the Que club/Redbox performance, Including his depiction of what the other half may have been at the performances. Unlike a majority of the other DJ's remakes, Zoleol includes the correct samples, synths, and songs as daft punk has used in the known performances.
But not everything is perfect...

Whats the Difference:
   The difference is some samples such as the white noise transition between da funk and 10min. is missing from the remake.
   But I would gladly say is the significant difference is from the track Rolling n' scratching, as Zoleol had this song the only song to use the wrong synthesizer, making the notes more of a beeping sound than a scratch. but quickly the song was redeemed with a completely remaster and extended version exclusive from Zoleol himself. Nice save, Mister DJ. :)

WHERE IT HURTS:
Now its time to get into the grimy details. There are 4 (my bad 3) songs that lack my favor.

Song #1: R&C/WDPK Transition
   If you listen to the original performance (provided at the bottom of the review), I'm sorry to say that there is a transition between R&C and WDPK that is completely excluded from the remake.
   I dont know why, but no one has even tried to remake this transition, which bumps the points down for the remake. now you can see why this lacks favor, as its not present to even receive any

Song #2: Burnin'
   This recreated track is really long (the longest track in the remake to be exact at 11 minutes). I don't remember how long the actual track from the performances, but as much as I love Daft Punk, I don't wanna listen to the same song for 10+ Minutes, as Burnin' is kinda repetitive, sitting at a max of 3 stars in my Media Player.
(as I said, I will provide some of the performances in the description)

Song #3: Rock & Roll/Oh Yeah
   This song fits together with Burnin' (which is funny as this song plays after Burnin'), as the song is just as repetitive. What the song lacks the most is A remix near the end with the R&R Synth. Also the Sample of the Chicks saying "OH YEAH" was also kinda half a$$ed as well. In the ending of the song, Daft punk morphed the OH YEAH to white noise, but Zoleol just slowed the Sample down & even cut some of the frequency out to make it sound like something out of your old TV.
Sorry Zoleol, but In my Media Player, the track sits with only 2 stars.

Final Song: Teachers/ You can't hide from your bud
   This is the only track that I leave up to you to skip, as I have mixed replies about this track. This track is basically a mashup of Teachers and the DJ Sneak song, You can't hide from your bud. It goes at an acceptable length for an encore, but the song is pretty anti-climatic. leaving the song at 3 stars.

Re-review
Spoiler: click to open...
I used hultsfred now to review the hurting tracks to see more of the differences but it does not hurt the scores.

Now looking back at burnin' the song has been tampered with in Hultsfred by filtering the bass to sound electrical, which is missing from the Remake.
song at 36:49

as for R&R/Oh-yeah, I realised that the static sound through TV is technically called White noise but if you listen to Hultsfred You can find the difference with the white noise.

song at 53:43

And the remake now leaves the Ring with a final score of...
(Drumroll)

4.5 Stars. Good Job Zoleol. this was by far the best remake I have listened to.

Performances, Showcase, and Download

Now sadly before You go and take a Peek, Im sorry to say in some countries like Murica', The Showcase video has been Copywriten by WMG (thanks alot Internet Controvists)

! No longer available

But Major Thanks to Daft Punk Bonus Features and Trinitymusic, the download IS available provided in Trinitymusic's channel for all countries.

Performances:

Que Club (OFFICIAL RELEASED PERFORMANCE):

Hultfred:

Rex Club:

Rollin' N' Scratchin live at Mayan Theater:
Trailer:
! No longer available

Rollin N' Scratchin
! No longer available

CREDITS:
Me (CS117) for making this review

Zoleol for remaking this awesome performance

Daft punk Bonus features for providing the showcase and introducing me to this remake
http://www.youtube.com/user/dpbonusfeatures

TrinityHouseMusic for providing you and me the link to the free album.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtXc41Xjb6ojh-drZJowIiA

Shadermader for "archiving" the Unreleased performances
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shadermader

Daft Punk for being around

and to the many fans for finding the Unreleased performances

Fun Fact:
Comparing Daft punks Rolling n Scratchin video at Mayan Theatre, there are, in fact, snippets from the trailer (also available) seen in the music video.
This goes to show that live visuals can be recognized from past daft music videos:

Examples (IN order):
Unknown visuals at 0:16

Revolution 909 (Live Mix) 0:01 - 2:19
( in the place of pulsar)

the original graphics of Pulsar (which was a glowing blue grid) Can be seen for a few split seconds at 1:27-1:30

Beginning of around the world at 2:20 (background spots from ATW Music video)

Burnin at 2:39 (fire)

Alive : 2:49

Rollin N' Scrarchin 3:07+ (Duh)

If a moderator can tell me if I can provide the remake download, please P.M. Me. I do have permission to provide a download as the creator has allowed others to provide links

EDIT: after 3 weeks since I made the topic, I decided to provide a link due to no moderator responding to my note, If a mod does inform me that Im not allowed I will remove the link.
Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:22:25 pm by conn6orsuper117
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
With thanks to Trinity for providing, The Free Album is now available via Mediafire

after 3 weeks since I made the topic, I decided to provide a link due to no moderator responding to my note, If a mod does inform me that Im not allowed, I will remove the link.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
dont want to listen to a 10 minute long song?

Greenday - Jesus of Suburbia - is 15 minutes

Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppilin - a iconic song - even longer...

I could name a ton more

duration of a song has nothing to do with anything

If a moderator can tell me if I can provide the remake download, please P.M. Me. I do have permission to provide a download as the creator has allowed others to provide links

EDIT: after 3 weeks since I made the topic, I decided to provide a link due to no moderator responding to my note, If a mod does inform me that Im not allowed I will remove the link.

None of us even knew this was here, if you want a mod response - you should "contact" a mod, not just leave a tiny note at the end of a 2 page essay?

We would rather you did not link the download. Just refer people to "where" to find the download
Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:14:33 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
dont want to listen to a 10 minute long song?

Greenday - Jesus of Suburbia - is 15 minutes

Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin - a iconic song - even longer...

I could name a ton more

duration of a song has nothing to do with anything

As I have mentioned, Burnin is kinda a repetitive song with same segments.

But Music By Greenday & led zeppelin, I can handle with different lyrics and guitar solo's.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
As I have mentioned, Burnin is kinda a repetitive song with same segments.

But Music By Greenday & led zeppelin, I can handle with different lyrics and guitar solo's.
so what you "mean" is

i dont like the repetative nature of the song

and duration had 0 to do with it - other than prolonging something you dislike ofc lol

also - all greenday is in the same key, same tuning, generally all "bar" chords and all on the same scale. Almost every song they made is near identical - hence why beginners learn there lol ( And yes i can play just about every song of just about every album, so can fully confirm this )
Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:17:33 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...