Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
CaryOld's Groups
CaryOld's Contact & Social Links
Hi,

I recently installed the UGX Jukebox for my new map and I'm trying to put them into my new map. I converted the sounds in the launcher but the size of the wav files are still too large for the game to handle. I try to compile my map but it says "out of memory" could anyone give me advice? The default songs that come with the jukebox are as small as 2mb but mine are in the 10s I read online a bit about ADPCM encoding but have no clue how to do it.I exported my songs all at 16 bit pcm.

thank you,

Cary
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 June 2016
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
staticsnow22's Groups
staticsnow22's Contact & Social Linksstaticsnow22staticsnow22
Sorry for being quite late, but I've made a tutorial on how to use ADPCM compression.

https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/modding/52/optimizing-your-custom-audio/20867

I'd recommend use this as a base for your music soundaliases
Code Snippet
Plaintext
name,file,platform,sequence,vol_min,vol_max,dist_min,dist_max,limit_count,limit_type,entity_limit_count,entity_limit_type,bus,volume_min_falloff_curve,volumefalloffcurve,reverb_send,dist_reverb_max,reverb_min_falloff_curve,reverb_falloff_curve,pitch_min,pitch_max,randomize_type,spatialized,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle,compression,secondaryaliasname,chainaliasname,startdelay,speakermap,lfe percentage,center percentage,envelop_min,envelop_max,envelop percentage,occlusion_level,occlusion_wet_dry,real_delay,distance_lpf,move_type,move_time,min_priority,max_priority,min_priority_threshold,max_priority_threshold,,isbig
ALIAS_NAME,FILEPATH,,,1,1,,,1,reject,,,music,,,,,,,1,1,,2d,streamed,,,,all_sp,,,,,,music_all,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0.25,1,,

Also, please post questions like this in Help Desk.
Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 03:19:35 pm by jojo8624

Loading ...