Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Chadric273's Groups
Chadric273's Contact & Social Linkschadric.hjellming
Hey guys! So I am having this issue and I can not get it solved for the life of me. Basically I have my fx rendering so it should be showing up in radiant when in the light preview mode, but it isn't. When I open up one of my other maps the fx lights appear just fine but for whatever reason they are not showing up for this one map that I am working on. They also are not appearing in game either. When I click the lightning bolt to build my lighting the glow from the fx lights appear for a second and then go back to not showing. I thought compiling the level would fix it and it would show up in game but they also are not showing up in game. Any help would be much appreciated as this is very frustrating! Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:
So I managed to figure out what my issue was. I had my sun volume's skybox/sun set to "default_day". I realized that since it was a daytime sunlight the fx's fire omni lights were not bright enough to appear. I fixed this issue by switching my sun volume from "default_day" to "zm_factory". This basically made it so it was moonlight in my map instead of sunlight. Since the sun's light was darker the fire omni fx lights appeared once again. Hopefully this helps someone!
Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:16:17 am by Chadric273
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 3 May 2019
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
CnPx's Groups
CnPx's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys! So I am having this issue and I can not get it solved for the life of me. Basically I have my fx rendering so it should be showing up in radiant when in the light preview mode, but it isn't. When I open up one of my other maps the fx lights appear just fine but for whatever reason they are not showing up for this one map that I am working on. They also are not appearing in game either. When I click the lightning bolt to build my lighting the glow from the fx lights appear for a second and then go back to not showing. I thought compiling the level would fix it and it would show up in game but they also are not showing up in game. Any help would be much appreciated as this is very frustrating! Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:
So I managed to figure out what my issue was. I had my sun volume's skybox/sun set to "default_day". I realized that since it was a daytime sunlight the fx's fire omni lights were not bright enough to appear. I fixed this issue by switching my sun volume from "default_day" to "zm_factory". This basically made it so it was moonlight in my map instead of sunlight. Since the sun's light was darker the fire omni fx lights appeared once again. Hopefully this helps someone!
 Yo, Did you ever get this fixed?
Im guessing you have made sure you have checked the light tick box before rendering the map?

I was wondering because im having same/similer problem. The lights I made at first show up but then I have added some more and they dont show when i test my map and its annoying me and i dont want to have to start over cos of such a simple issue.
Date Registered: 7 July 2012
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Chadric273's Groups
Chadric273's Contact & Social Linkschadric.hjellming
Yo, Did you ever get this fixed?
Im guessing you have made sure you have checked the light tick box before rendering the map?

I was wondering because im having same/similer problem. The lights I made at first show up but then I have added some more and they dont show when i test my map and its annoying me and i dont want to have to start over cos of such a simple issue.
Hey! I thought I would respond to about this, I updated my post with the solution to my problem. Basically I had the sunbox set to default_day instead of zm_factory. The daylight was too bright for fire fx to show up so by switching it to zm_factory it turned it to night time, wich made it dark enough for the fire fx's light to actually appear. Hopefully this helps!

Loading ...