My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
JIGGLYPUFF used SING! YOU fell asleep!
Signature
Soy-Yo's Groups
Soy-Yo's Contact & Social LinksSoy-yoElCerdoRey
[TUTORIAL] Co-op testing alone

So this is something I've just discovered. I don't know if anyone else had found out this before or if anyone has already tested it. It works for me and it should work for everyone too, I hope.
It saves so much time when testing a map: you won't need to find anyone or have two PCs and two games or whatever.

Before starting I have to say that I had a cracked version before buying the game and I hope that this doesn't make my game work differently. It shouldn't.

I know it works with the CD version and Lanfixed versions but I don't know if it does with Steam.

The texts in the images are in Spanish but I guess you can figure out what to do with the explanation, lol.

Let's start

Don't do 1 ), 2 ) and 3 ). If it doesn't work, then do them

1 ) Before starting you need Tunngle (I've tried it without this program and it didn't work for me). What this program do is to create a fake LAN connection with other people, but we'll use it to connect with ourselves (that's more or less, I'm not an expert, lol). Download it here and install it. You'll need to sign up.

2 ) Once it's installed you have to make it work. I don't know how to do it, but the program might help you.

3 ) Once you're logged in you have to get in a server. Search "world at war" or whatever and double-click on a server. Call of Duty: World at War Coop, for example.

4 ) Go to WaW's root and copy your CoDWaW.exe. You can do it with Lanfixed (I don't need to have Lanfixed copied now, but I did at the beginning, don't know why).

5 ) Go to C:\Users\~user~\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\players\profiles\ and create a folder with any name ("coop" in my example).

6 ) In the same folder you'll find a file called active.txt. Open it with Notepad and replace whatever is written there with the same name you gave to the folder ("coop" (without quotations) in my case). Save the file.

7 ) Open WaW with the original CodWaW.exe (or Lanfixed). You'll see the screen to select account. Press Cancel. Now you'll be disconnected but with your "new account" ready.

8 ) Open the console (enable it in Options > Game Options if needed) and type "r_fullscreen 0" without quotations. Go to Options > Graphics and change the proportions (1600x900 in my case, but I have two screens; reduce it if you only have one).

9 ) Replace active.txt with your usual username and save.

10 ) Open WaW again with the copied CoDWaW.exe (or Lanfixed). If you have it in fullscreen repeat 8 ).

11 ) Launch your mod and go to Co-op. The disconnected won't be able to play online but he will to play LAN. You have to create the lobby with this one and search the lobby (LAN) with the other. It didn't work for me the other way round.

12 ) Get in the lobby, start match and enjoy. :) NOTE: to change from one player to the other use [ALT + Tab].

If you try it let me know if it works for you. Hope it helps. :)
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:35:52 pm by Soy-Yo
:nicmoji_sad:1
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Wow! Nice. I was thinking of bots or something but this is good enough.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Nice, I am surprised not many people know about this, it's been how I co-op test anything that's just related to player stuff, etc.

btw you don't need Tunggle, I don't see why you would need and why it doesn't work without it since both clients are on the same LAN, I didn't need it anyway. lol
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:53:14 am by Scobalula
Date Registered: 27 March 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
Nice, I am surprised not many people know about this, it's been how I co-op test anything that's just related to player stuff, etc.

btw you don't need Tunggle, I don't see why you would need and why it doesn't work without it since both clients are on the same LAN, I didn't need it anyway. lol
I don't know. It doesn't make sense for me either, but I had the match no longer available message without it, so I tried it once with it and it worked, lol.
EDIT: just tested without Tunngle and this time it worked, WTF?!
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:33:13 pm by Soy-Yo
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
This is pretty useful if you don't want to buy 2 copies of World at War.

Me, I just went ahead and bought a 2nd copy while it was on sale on my 2nd steam account.

Then I use a program called sandboxie to have more than 1 steam opened at a time.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
This is pretty useful if you don't want to buy 2 copies of World at War.

Me, I just went ahead and bought a 2nd copy while it was on sale on my 2nd steam account.

Then I use a program called sandboxie to have more than 1 steam opened at a time.

No shit? I've been using two pc's this whole time. Is sandboxie hard to use? I mean, I already have the accounts and 2 copies of WAW soI could try it I guess.

And a question for all methods, do both versions of the game respond to your mouse and keyboard input then? Cause some things I test require one person in one area and one in another. Or is it which ever window has focus?

I wonder if I can use this to 3 or 4 player coop with someone else doing the same thing... probably right?
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:01:31 pm by MakeCents
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
No shit? I've been using two pc's this whole time. Is sandboxie hard to use? I mean, I already have the accounts and 2 copies of WAW soI could try it I guess.

And a question for all methods, do both versions of the game respond to your mouse and keyboard input then? Cause some things I test require one person in one area and one in another. Or is it which ever window has focus?

I wonder if I can use this to 3 or 4 player coop with someone else doing the same thing... probably right?

Nah, Sandboxie isnt hard to use.

Basically just download it. Right click on the steam icon located in program files, and click "Run Sandboxed"(or something like that).

And it only responds to whatever window has focus. You could move one player on one screen to a certain area, then click on the other screen to move the second player to an area.

You could probably do it 3-4 player coop. Not too sure never tried it.

I could probably make a tutorial showing how to set it all up if people are interested
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:33:47 pm by thezombiekilla6
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
I don't see why not. If you have two PCs, you can connect 2 players with one and other 2 with the other. But if you want to test it with another person online, then you'll need Tunngle for sure, but I suppose that the other person could connect with two players too.
But I'm just guessing.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
After I put 'coop' to replace my normal WAW name in the active.txt file and open up WAW I just get connected to my standard WAW account just like normal and when I check the active.txt file again it's gone back to what it was before? It doesn't give me any option to cancel or change accounts or anything different at all?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Soy-Yo's Groups
After I put 'coop' to replace my normal WAW name in the active.txt file and open up WAW I just get connected to my standard WAW account just like normal and when I check the active.txt file again it's gone back to what it was before? It doesn't give me any option to cancel or change accounts or anything different at all?
Uhm... I don't know. :-\
Only things I can think of are that either you didn't create the folder or maybe, if you only have one account registered in the game, it connects to it automatically (don't know, just trying to guess). Or maybe it's that you're using Steam and it connects directly to your account or something.
Let me know if it has to do with some of those things.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Uhm... I don't know. :-\
Only things I can think of are that either you didn't create the folder or maybe, if you only have one account registered in the game, it connects to it automatically (don't know, just trying to guess). Or maybe it's that you're using Steam and it connects directly to your account or something.
Let me know if it has to do with some of those things.

I definitely created the folder, and replaced the text in the active.txt file with the name of the new folder (coop). When I launch WAW it just reverts back to my standard account and changes the active.txt back to my normal account instantly.

I even tried deleting all the folders/files referring to my original account to test and it still loads WAW with that account no matter what I do (it removes my config settings though obviously). I copied the WAW.exe and tried it with both the original and the copy and it's the same. I'm using the disc (LAN fixed) version not Steam so it can't be that.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
In my profiles folder i changed in the active.txt my profile name to $$$, and i had to remove my key from the registry. regedit.exe and search for Codkey. I removed the key and duplicated the lanfix and started them both and i could play.

This is the only method working here. After you done u have to put your key back in the registry and change your active.txt back. I was gonna make a tool for it but don't have much time ^^

Loading ...