Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Chunkdogg9's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Chunkdogg9's Contact & Social LinksChunkdogg9Chunkdogg00Chunkdogg9
Is there any good zoning tuts out there I tried saje's ones but it didn't work for me dunno if I did something wrong but it didn't work
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Wow, you must have screwed something pretty special for that not to work. Try simple zones before you go really big. Do you have an info volume in each zone with the kvps of the zone name & the spawner(s) for that zone ex.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"targetname" "start_zone" | "target" "start_zone_spawners"
then other volumes for zone1, zone2, zone3, or whatever the names you want them to be. Do you have zombie spawners with the targetname of the current zones target(ex. "targetname" "zone1_spawners") if they are risers obviously on the spawner you need the kvps of
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_string" "riser"
and the script structs for the riser spawns must have the kvp of your spawners target with a suffix of "_rise"(ex. "zone1_spawners_rise") unless you have custom code activating your zones you must have a door between each zone to activate it. On the trigger for that door you were supposed to add the kvp of script flag with the value of the zone with the prefix of "enter_":
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_flag" "enter_zone1"
Now let me bring up an example, we have three zones. The first is named "first_zone" the second is named "second_zone" and the third is named "third_zone", Simple. They all lead onto eachother, one door per room to the next zone(Ex. "first_zone-->second_zone-->third_zone") So here is what the code that would be inside your mapname.gsc would look like for those zones:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "first_zone", "second_zone", "enter_second_zone" );
add_adjacent_zone( "second_zone", "third_zone", "enter_third_zone" );

Hope that helps, if not refer back to my video as the same process was done with explanation and example. If you did everything you did in my video, it would work.

*CODE BLOCKS ARE EXAMPLES*
Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:46:05 pm by SajeOne
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 9 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
Wow, you must have screwed something pretty special for that not to work. Try simple zones before you go really big. Do you have an info volume in each zone with the kvps of the zone name & the spawner(s) for that zone ex.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"targetname" "start_zone" | "target" "start_zone_spawners"
then other volumes for zone1, zone2, zone3, or whatever the names you want them to be. Do you have zombie spawners with the targetname of the current zones target(ex. "targetname" "zone1_spawners") if they are risers obviously on the spawner you need the kvps of
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_string" "riser"
and the script structs for the riser spawns must have the kvp of your spawners target with a suffix of "_rise"(ex. "zone1_spawners_rise") unless you have custom code activating your zones you must have a door between each zone to activate it. On the trigger for that door you were supposed to add the kvp of script flag with the value of the zone with the prefix of "enter_":
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_flag" "enter_zone1"
Now let me bring up an example, we have three zones. The first is named "first_zone" the second is named "second_zone" and the third is named "third_zone", Simple. They all lead onto eachother, one door per room to the next zone(Ex. "first_zone-->second_zone-->third_zone") So here is what the code that would be inside your mapname.gsc would look like for those zones:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "first_zone", "second_zone", "enter_second_zone" );
add_adjacent_zone( "second_zone", "third_zone", "enter_third_zone" );

Hope that helps, if not refer back to my video as the same process was done with explanation and example. If you did everything you did in my video, it would work.

*CODE BLOCKS ARE EXAMPLES*
+1 for a good tutorial!
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Donator <3
Date Registered: 20 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Chunkdogg9's Groups
Chunkdogg9's Contact & Social LinksChunkdogg9Chunkdogg00Chunkdogg9
Thanks saje ill give it a go when I get a chance!

Loading ...