UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Mapping => Topic started by: Chunkdogg9 on April 28, 2013, 01:41:20 pm

Title: Zoning Tut?
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on April 28, 2013, 01:41:20 pm
Is there any good zoning tuts out there I tried saje's ones but it didn't work for me dunno if I did something wrong but it didn't work
Title: Re: Zoning Tut?
Post by: SajeOne on April 28, 2013, 05:41:47 pm
Wow, you must have screwed something pretty special for that not to work. Try simple zones before you go really big. Do you have an info volume in each zone with the kvps of the zone name & the spawner(s) for that zone ex.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"targetname" "start_zone" | "target" "start_zone_spawners"
then other volumes for zone1, zone2, zone3, or whatever the names you want them to be. Do you have zombie spawners with the targetname of the current zones target(ex. "targetname" "zone1_spawners") if they are risers obviously on the spawner you need the kvps of
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_string" "riser"
and the script structs for the riser spawns must have the kvp of your spawners target with a suffix of "_rise"(ex. "zone1_spawners_rise") unless you have custom code activating your zones you must have a door between each zone to activate it. On the trigger for that door you were supposed to add the kvp of script flag with the value of the zone with the prefix of "enter_":
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_flag" "enter_zone1"
Now let me bring up an example, we have three zones. The first is named "first_zone" the second is named "second_zone" and the third is named "third_zone", Simple. They all lead onto eachother, one door per room to the next zone(Ex. "first_zone-->second_zone-->third_zone") So here is what the code that would be inside your mapname.gsc would look like for those zones:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "first_zone", "second_zone", "enter_second_zone" );
add_adjacent_zone( "second_zone", "third_zone", "enter_third_zone" );

Hope that helps, if not refer back to my video as the same process was done with explanation and example. If you did everything you did in my video, it would work.

*CODE BLOCKS ARE EXAMPLES*
Post by: KDXDARK on April 28, 2013, 07:15:03 pm
Wow, you must have screwed something pretty special for that not to work. Try simple zones before you go really big. Do you have an info volume in each zone with the kvps of the zone name & the spawner(s) for that zone ex.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"targetname" "start_zone" | "target" "start_zone_spawners"
then other volumes for zone1, zone2, zone3, or whatever the names you want them to be. Do you have zombie spawners with the targetname of the current zones target(ex. "targetname" "zone1_spawners") if they are risers obviously on the spawner you need the kvps of
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_string" "riser"
and the script structs for the riser spawns must have the kvp of your spawners target with a suffix of "_rise"(ex. "zone1_spawners_rise") unless you have custom code activating your zones you must have a door between each zone to activate it. On the trigger for that door you were supposed to add the kvp of script flag with the value of the zone with the prefix of "enter_":
Code Snippet
Plaintext
"script_flag" "enter_zone1"
Now let me bring up an example, we have three zones. The first is named "first_zone" the second is named "second_zone" and the third is named "third_zone", Simple. They all lead onto eachother, one door per room to the next zone(Ex. "first_zone-->second_zone-->third_zone") So here is what the code that would be inside your mapname.gsc would look like for those zones:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "first_zone", "second_zone", "enter_second_zone" );
add_adjacent_zone( "second_zone", "third_zone", "enter_third_zone" );

Hope that helps, if not refer back to my video as the same process was done with explanation and example. If you did everything you did in my video, it would work.

*CODE BLOCKS ARE EXAMPLES*
+1 for a good tutorial!
Post by: SajeOne on April 28, 2013, 07:23:19 pm
+1 for a good tutorial!
<3
Post by: Chunkdogg9 on April 28, 2013, 10:51:55 pm
Thanks saje ill give it a go when I get a chance!