Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Signature
Corey's Groups
Corey's Contact & Social Links
Hey guys, I've been stuck on this for about a week now, and tried many different solutions on different forums, but still I can't seem to get this right... I've been able to get zones working fine in my first map, but this time around... well...

So my problem is that my just just aren't working. When I buy the door to my first zone (from spawn) the game lags for a second, and then continues, but the zombies wont start spawning in this zone, only in the start zone. I've been told that the lagging is caused by a typo in the KVP's or in the script, but I've looked over both multiple times and cannot find anything... I've also made sure that the zones aren't touching each other, but are fairly close to one another.

Here are the KVP's for my starting zone.

The KVP's for the adjacent zone.

The KVP's for the door trigger going from the starting zone to the adjacent zone.

And my nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc

Any help is appreciated, this is the final step of my map, so its kind of frustrating seeing my map so close yet so far to being done...
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Where is zone 2?
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I have the game lagging problem once, I fixed it by deleting the door (which caused the lag) and making a new one to replace the door u deleted. About the zombies not spawning; Do the spawners have targetname:zone1_spawners

I hope this helps

- Pashan
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
Signature
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3950067582.png

WaW - Nazi_zombie_candyland/Nazi_zombie_ascension2.0  90%-95% (Not completed)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_meth/Nazi_zombie_lamanai  100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_killswitch 100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_pax 100%  (complete + UGX 1.1 edition)
BO3 - zm_epping_woods 80%
iBarnett's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
Not sure if it does matter but I always have my zones touching but only the zones that are linked like start_zone to zone_1. And for the lag how many spawners do you have in your zone where they are not spawning. Run it in developer mode and see what the error is cuz kinda sounds like a infinite loop error.
Date Registered: 4 February 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Corey's Groups
Corey's Contact & Social Links
Stevie; my zone2 is connected to zone1, but I'm not really there yet.

Pashan; yup, I double and triple checked that the spawners are set up properly. they do have the correct targetnames.

iBarnett; I have 3 spawners in the zone that they aren't spawning from, 1 barrier and 2 risers.

I'll remake the door, and run as developer to see if I can come up with anything else.

Ok... So I just realized that my mapname wasn't checked in my mod builder... noobish I know, but now im getting a different problem.

So I can open the first door no problem, and there is no lag, but now going from zone1 to zone2 I get the lag... But this time the zombies now spawn in zone2, zone1, and start_zone. No matter which zone I'm in...

Here's a screenshot of the console.

Post Merge: June 19, 2014, 10:14:03 pm
Am I pretty much screwed? aha :S
Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:14:03 pm by Corey

Loading ...