Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
Eggies's Contact & Social LinkstiyoushiXelasto
SO basically, this is a problem that arose from my last post, about how I hit the limit of 1600 loaded sounds. However, this is slightly different. Getting rid of sounds in my maps and weapons .csv file doesn't seem to affect anything. I can tell because I put my maps csv file into the asset counter and it says I have 1434 out of 1600 loaded sounds. So the first problem is that, if this is true, I should not be getting ANY error AT ALL. Also, I went into the same "csv"s that I went into last time, and promptly removed at least 120. (Mind you by this point I have removed almost 700 sounds, 360 of which are voiceovers.) I went back to the asset counter and it STILL said I have 1434 out of 1600 sounds. One person said maybe I didn't compile it correctly. First I built my mod with the usual settings:

Then I compiled my map with the usual settings:

Then I tried launching it again. Same error. Same amount of sounds (according to asset counter)

Any help at all would be REALLY appreciated.  :alone:
Marked as best answer by Tiyoushi 9 years ago
broken avatar :(
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
There are many files that have to be taken into consideration for the asset counter, not just your map's csv.
The ones that I think are included in a map are: common.csv, default.csv, localized_common.csv, mod.csv, patch.csv and of course your maps csv. So just because you throw your maps csv in the counter and it shows your under the 1600 sound limit, there are other files you need to consider as well.

The reason most people hit this error in the first place is that they don't realize that they are making a map based off of der riese's files, meaning that its already really close to the limit, and by adding any thing (effects or sounds) may just throw you over the limit.
Date Registered: 6 August 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
How can I make a prototype map?  :rainbow: Because tbh I'm REALLY starting to get annoyed with mapping my first map as I have had over 50 posts JUST ON HELP QUESTIONS like this one. Anyway Thanks!  :)
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
TBH I think you might have more trouble with a Prototype map since less people actually know how to make them as most people are using Der Riese scripts. I suggest you just fight through the issues you have, but that is just my opinion.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
What trouble would I have in a prototype map? ;-;
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Well probably the same limit errors your hitting now, along with the fact that less people will be able to help you.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
How would I hit the limits if I have less files because its a prototype map?  ???
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Who said there were less files? Sure, maybe they have a few less, but in reality the main thing that's different is the voice quotes (apx the same amount of them thought) and the scripts are different. Weapon wise they are the same (minus the bowie knife and wonderwaffe) and it is the weapons that contain the majority of the sounds in the level.

I would like to ask if you have added anything to you map that caused it to go over the limit? Or have you just not been able to get your map to run yet? 'Cause if you haven't been able to run your map yet due to this limit, you likely didn't follow all tutorials properly when setting up your map (or just used a bad script placer).
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
I used the UGX script placer 2.0 and what caused this was Harrybo's Perks. I do know that that's what made it hit the limit. While I can run it now, I did have a lot of trouble running my map for a long time. However, I did eventually get it to work. Like I can't just create an example map then run it like most people. IDK how my map starting working actually XD. But anyway, yes my map can run NOW, but I had a lot of trouble making it work.  :)
RadihaX
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
JBird632's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Many people do have trouble with their first map (like myself), but its working through all those issues and making something that people can enjoy which is rewarding enough to suffer through those issues. Anyways good luck with your map.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
There are many files that have to be taken into consideration for the asset counter, not just your map's csv.
The ones that I think are included in a map are: common.csv, default.csv, localized_common.csv, mod.csv, patch.csv and of course your maps csv. So just because you throw your maps csv in the counter and it shows your under the 1600 sound limit, there are other files you need to consider as well.

The reason most people hit this error in the first place is that they don't realize that they are making a map based off of der riese's files, meaning that its already really close to the limit, and by adding any thing (effects or sounds) may just throw you over the limit.
I also believe it wouldnt count the ff from my perks ( if you were using them, or any other FF downloads other people have put up )

and that has loads of sounds in it

Loading ...