UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Can anyone explain how the patches work when compiling my maps ?

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by fiveseven hd
Date Registered: 22 February 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Brains
fiveseven hd's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
fiveseven hd's Contact & Social Linksjaminboggs76561198122502681FiveSevenHD
Hello so I'm really confused on how this works.  For example I added harry's perks, and then the hells redeemer/retriever. I have a map_patch.ff, and a localized_map.ff. So there were more than one map_patch i needed to install but would i loose any information from overwriting the pre existing file. Should I even have both of these at the same time? Are there limits to what I can add and such. Also I have a skype as it may be easier to explain this by speaking to each other ...so any help would be appreciated.
Five
Date Registered: 21 December 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Signature
The sound of God is the screech of tires, lights and magnets, bolts and wires. Strayed from the road, this very one, still to come. The sound of tires is the sound of God, the electric version.
mrpeanut188's Groups
mrpeanut188's Contact & Social Linksmrpeanut1881337p34nutmrpeanut188
Nutshell:
Every time you put something in the zone_source files and compile, they are put into a .ff file.
They are then loaded into the game (order and small details change on what it is named.)
The _patch map comes with it's own .ff, which is why it's used. Since you only need that, it's why you only compile fast-files for it.
There are a few that the game checks for to load, like localized, load, etc.
The major benefit to them is that since they cannot be extracted, they can be used to share assets without sharing the raw files (which breaks the TOS for using the tools).

So yes, they are the model and data files that are loaded up with the map. When you overwrite that you are completely replacing them. As said they are secure enough to carry models and the like so they are used to distribute things like said perks and hell's redeemer.

The 3 ones you will have for your map with no additions is the map .ff file, the _patch .ff file, and your mod .ff file.

However I would have someone clarify on anything said here as I haven't really dabbed into compiling assets to distribute. Do not take anything here as 100% correct, but the general idea is in the right direction.
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:32:52 am by mrpeanut188
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
also to be specific

my copy of the patch, includes whatever was in yours before "as well as" the extra stuff - so you would just "replace" yours with mine - and never compile yours again, or itll delete mine

the default patch just contains a few things, you can check that out for yourself by going to

root/zone_source/YOURMAPNAME_patch.csv - or any other _patch

open in a text editor, and look at the list

Its mainly stuff to do with the hellhounds, a auto turret, the dogs anim tree, etc etc. Its a really small file

Also what peanut said there is spot on ;)
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:35:14 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Brains
fiveseven hd's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
ahhh ok that does actually M.A.K.E. Cents. Thanks for taking the time to explain that properly.   Now my question would be if I have a localized.ff file that is already compiled. Then I want to add a different localized.ff is it possible to overwrite that and keep all the models.etc from the previous .ff when I compile again. Sorry if Im phrasing this incorrectly or making this more confusing than it should be. Ive having problems trying to get the perks and redeemer to work at the same time.  Should i only have the localized.ff from the redeemer and not the perks to work properly ?
Five
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
ahhh ok that does actually M.A.K.E. Cents. Thanks for taking the time to explain that properly.   Now my question would be if I have a localized.ff file that is already compiled. Then I want to add a different localized.ff is it possible to overwrite that and keep all the models.etc from the previous .ff when I compile again. Sorry if Im phrasing this incorrectly or making this more confusing than it should be. Ive having problems trying to get the perks and redeemer to work at the same time.  Should i only have the localized.ff from the redeemer and not the perks to work properly ?
Five
no, you can have one FF or the other

this is why i gave a patch and a localized, pick which ever is free. If neither are, then you are "out of" FFs

if your using the perks and redeemer then

use the localized from my perks

and the patch from my redeemer

or vice versa
Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:10:39 am by Harry Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Brains
fiveseven hd's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
ok im going to give that a go then. thanks mate
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
ok im going to give that a go then. thanks mate
no problem

ill released combined FFs later, just not enough content thats "ready" at the moment
Date Registered: 21 June 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Keep Scrolling...
Signature
I Am New Into Mapping And All Of That Kind Of Stuff.I Appreciate Every Help Provided!
LegendHugo's Groups
LegendHugo's Contact & Social LinksHdinis09Hdinis09@hdinis09DonHugo
Nutshell:
Every time you put something in the zone_source files and compile, they are put into a .ff file.
They are then loaded into the game (order and small details change on what it is named.)
The _patch map comes with it's own .ff, which is why it's used. Since you only need that, it's why you only compile fast-files for it.
There are a few that the game checks for to load, like localized, load, etc.
The major benefit to them is that since they cannot be extracted, they can be used to share assets without sharing the raw files (which breaks the TOS for using the tools).

So yes, they are the model and data files that are loaded up with the map. When you overwrite that you are completely replacing them. As said they are secure enough to carry models and the like so they are used to distribute things like said perks and hell's redeemer.

The 3 ones you will have for your map with no additions is the map .ff file, the _patch .ff file, and your mod .ff file.

However I would have someone clarify on anything said here as I haven't really dabbed into compiling assets to distribute. Do not take anything here as 100% correct, but the general idea is in the right direction.
Was going to ask this.
Thank you man

Loading ...