UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Empty Walls (T4M) (Plutonium Compatible)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 1 year ago
by BazookaJimmy
Date Registered: 8 July 2015
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
LIGHTNING's Groups
LIGHTNING's Contact & Social LinksLightning132LIGHTNING

Double Post Merge: July 19, 2023, 05:06:07 pm

Hey man, amazing map. Felt like a classic Treyarch map from this era, and fit WaW's aesthetic really well. On the loading screen I saw the icon that mentioned something like "Mod Tools Definitive Edition". As someone who makes maps and content for WaW an extended version of the mod tools would be invaluable to me. Would you know how I can get access to these tools?
hey and the only way to get those tools, if ure a really good mapper and then u will be invited to a discord server from one of the elite mappers/modders, they will see how good u are
Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 05:06:28 pm by LIGHTNING
Date Registered: 22 September 2016
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
12spiderweb's Groups
12spiderweb's Contact & Social Links
Never have I ever had a map make me research irl events of ww2 but yet here we are, and frankly doing so only enhanced my experience. The fact I can contextualize that we play as German soldiers who have found themselves in a horrible situation fighting off the mysterious undead during the irl rapid bombings that Russia laid apon on Berlin, admittingly makes me squeal with excitement (as wrong as I possibly am, or am looking too much into) Heck. Finding out the building you start out in is based off a real thing that you get to run around in hold a lot of passion.

Jesus I'm having trouble keeping this formal cause of how many cool little things I was able to sink my teeth into this map. Mind you I DO NOT say lightly, rarely ever I'll say this about a map.

I don't even have a lot of bad things to say even. I really dig the bombing rounds and I can appreciate some design decisions such as making them more aggressive later in the game, keeping players deal with the tight indoor areas. Or how PHD doesn't even protect you, thus keeping the bombings a real threat. I truly feel like a lot of people would've made you invulnerable to them. They add a real and very unique challenge we haven't even seen Treyarch even do in their maps. It's stuff like this that makes map stand out!

I never got lost, I was worried this map would have a proper "door-galore" issue but I quickly found out stuff like power and pap are relatively easy to find, and whilst the map does have a lot of doors, a lot of pathways do anyway progress you through the map in someway. Of course it's very experimental but it doesn't take long to learn.

The atmosphere is *amazing*, I don't want to ramble on too much or else I'll come across as extremely fan-boyish but to keep it short, you've gotten those old WAW feels absolutely on point. No room feels lacking in detail and the map feels creepy and disturbing as you tread through the broken city.

If I had anything but any nitpicks, I feel like the bo3 ui like perks and power ups are a bit distracting since they stand out from all of the maps other elements. But it doesn't ruin the experience:)

I didn't think people would still be making maps for waw, but seeing this proved me wrong, and it's even better to know that they are coming out with great quality. If this was the last thing we ever got out of waw customs, then I'd say it would be a great note to finish. Thank you for putting the time to create this!

Loading ...