UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

NEW MAPPER - Zombies doing nothing in new zone!

broken avatar :(
Created 3 years ago
by jellywitht0ast
Date Registered: 29 May 2016
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
jellywitht0ast's Contact & Social Links
I'm new to mapping (started yesterday) and followed GAM3VIDZ youtube tutorials on how to make a custom WaW zombies map (I actually did it a few times to get more proficient with Radiant)

I just started making more rooms and zones, and ran into an issue where the zombies that spawn in the second zone sometimes just stand there and do nothing. Most of the zombies that spawn there follow the path correctly and do what they're supposed to, which makes it very confusing why a small percentage of them don't. I followed the tutorials to a tee, even tweaking some stuff to make sure the zombies move correctly, still the same result.

• I have all zones touching eachother
  • I have pathnodes setup correctly (I'm pretty damn sure)
  • I have the scripting for the zones setup correctly aswell, making sure the zombies in the second zone don't spawn until I trigger the door opening.

Here's a video explaining it if you need a visual on what I'm working with in game and in Radiant:

https://youtu.be/JYWGAyV1Bjw

Any help would be very appriciated. Again I'm very new to mapping so I'm really sorry if this is a simple fix and annoying to have to answer. Thanks for your help if you do, though.

Date Registered: 18 December 2018
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
ZombieSteven's Groups
ZombieSteven's Contact & Social Links
It looks like you've placed numerous info_volumes with the zone1 flag instead of just one big one over the area, that is most likely what's causing your problem.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
It looks like you've placed numerous info_volumes with the zone1 flag instead of just one big one over the area, that is most likely what's causing your problem.
I see what you mean, I deleted the other two info_volumes so now there is just one with the zone1 flag, which seemed like that would actually be the cause. I tested it a few times even with some pathnode tweaks and still.... 1/5 zombies just stand there and do nothing when they spawn. I tried brainstorming some other ideas to fix it but I can't think of anything.  https://i.imgur.com/bt7iO5o.png

Please if you have another idea shoot it to me, I appriciate your input brother!  

Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:26:00 pm by jellywitht0ast
Date Registered: 17 June 2016
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
staticsnow22's Groups
staticsnow22's Contact & Social Linksstaticsnow22staticsnow22
I see what you mean, I deleted the other two info_volumes so now there is just one with the zone1 flag, which seemed like that would actually be the cause. I tested it a few times even with some pathnode tweaks and still.... 1/5 zombies just stand there and do nothing when they spawn. I tried brainstorming some other ideas to fix it but I can't think of anything.  https://i.imgur.com/bt7iO5o.png

Please if you have another idea shoot it to me, I appriciate your input brother!  
Is this zone activated by a door? If so, make sure the trigger has the KVP: script_flag / enter_zone1      
And check to make sure you have your zoning set up perfectly in mapname.gsc

also make sure that your info_volume has the following KVP's

targetname / zone1

target / zone1_spawners

Just in case, select the info_volume and choose the 'volume' texture, because sometimes it can get messed up for whatever reason.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure. I had the same problem a little while ago, and I fixed it by just getting rid of the barriers in that zone and having the zombies be risers instead.

You could also just completely redo all the spawners and volume in that zone.

Date Registered: 18 December 2018
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
ZombieSteven's Groups
ZombieSteven's Contact & Social Links

I have a good idea of what it is now, drag out the entire zone to cover the spawners and then touch the other zone, my guess is that since the hallway isn't covered it causes some kinda fuckup on the other end, I tried doing something like this, having a hallway with no spawners and no volume but the zombies just refused to do anything on the other end where there was a volume.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
I tried everything you guys said, still nothing works..... 1/5 zombies that spawn in that zone just stand there and do nothing. The other 4 do exactly what I want them to. I double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, sextuple, septuple, octuple checked everything to make sure it was done right.... this is so frustrating and im losing hope. thanks for the help guys but I guess im just cursed in everything I do so I guess im not surprised this doesnt work for me.

Date Registered: 17 June 2016
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
staticsnow22's Groups
staticsnow22's Contact & Social Linksstaticsnow22staticsnow22
I think it might be best to remove that whole area and remake it from scratch, but in another location. So, maybe add a hallway that goes to it after you remake it.

Loading ...