My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
Signature
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3950067582.png

WaW - Nazi_zombie_candyland/Nazi_zombie_ascension2.0  90%-95% (Not completed)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_meth/Nazi_zombie_lamanai  100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_killswitch 100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_pax 100%  (complete + UGX 1.1 edition)
BO3 - zm_epping_woods 80%
iBarnett's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
If I want certain lights to turn on when power is activated what must be done. Is it a simple kvp for the light? Flag_wait - electricity on??? Maybe.

Thanks in advance!
broken avatar :(
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I'm not sure if it works via kvp.  but it should look similar to this in your mapname.gsc:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
{
flag_wait( "electricity_on" );

}

I just don't know the right flag for lights.
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
acording to lights.csc you must give it a "targetname" of "light_electric"
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
I never realized that it's that simple:D
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
So i tried "targetname" "light_electric" for a kvp for a light but it did not work. the light was still on before power had been activated. I have looked around on the internet but can't seem to find something on the subject.

hope someone can help. would be greatly appreciated.
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
So i tried "targetname" "light_electric" for a kvp for a light but it did not work. the light was still on before power had been activated. I have looked around on the internet but can't seem to find something on the subject.

hope someone can help. would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure you check the boxes for "PRIMARY_OMNI" (or spot if you prefer) and "PRIMARY_SCRIPTABLE" on the light. Otherwise the clientscripts can't touch the light.

And remember primary lights need an info_null target.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
Make sure you check the boxes for "PRIMARY_OMNI" (or spot if you prefer) and "PRIMARY_SCRIPTABLE" on the light. Otherwise the clientscripts can't touch the light.

And remember primary lights need an info_null target.
hey sorry been away for awhile and never had a chance to try out what you said trem.

So i went back into radiant and gave a light a kvp ( targetname - light_electric ) and checked off the boxes primary_omni and primary_scriptable. but that didnt work. then noticed you said i need a info_null target? what do you mean by this?
make a info_null and link it to the light? where does the info_null go?  kvp's?

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
hey sorry been away for awhile and never had a chance to try out what you said trem.

So i went back into radiant and gave a light a kvp ( targetname - light_electric ) and checked off the boxes primary_omni and primary_scriptable. but that didnt work. then noticed you said i need a info_null target? what do you mean by this?
make a info_null and link it to the light? where does the info_null go?  kvp's?

Right click 2d view, go to info -> null. it will create a green square that looks sort of like a reflection probe. Place this square about 50 units below the light, and make sure its centered below the light, as if it was hanging from the center of the light node. Then deselect everything, select the light node, then select the info null and press W to link them. Primary lights will not work without an info null linked to them like this. If you are making a spotlight then the center of the spotlight cone will be pointed to wherever it's targeted info null is placed. Every primary light needs its own info null.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
Right click 2d view, go to info -> null. it will create a green square that looks sort of like a reflection probe. Place this square about 50 units below the light, and make sure its centered below the light, as if it was hanging from the center of the light node. Then deselect everything, select the light node, then select the info null and press W to link them. Primary lights will not work without an info null linked to them like this. If you are making a spotlight then the center of the spotlight cone will be pointed to wherever it's targeted info null is placed. Every primary light needs its own info null.
well I understand what the info_null does but still not understanding how to make a light turn on when the power switch is activated. B/c when I go in game it's already on like a normal light.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
well I understand what the info_null does but still not understanding how to make a light turn on when the power switch is activated. B/c when I go in game it's already on like a normal light.
Well you asked a lot about the info null including if it should have KvPs so I figured I had better explain it in more detail.

As far as your light not working, the light_electric needs to start with an intensity of 0.1 in radiant so that they appear "off" when the map starts. However this is not an ideal thing to do because during your map compile Launcher needs those lights to be at full intensity in order to properly prepare the light and shadowcasting for that area around the light. Without this the area will still look somewhat dark/shitty because the game does not really do much in the way of dynamic lighting.

So what I suggest you do is use the asylum light csc script instead, because that one assumes you compiled your map with the light intensity set to 2. To use this, simply change your light targetnames to "elect_light"
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
Well you asked a lot about the info null including if it should have KvPs so I figured I had better explain it in more detail.

As far as your light not working, the light_electric needs to start with an intensity of 0.1 in radiant so that they appear "off" when the map starts. However this is not an ideal thing to do because during your map compile Launcher needs those lights to be at full intensity in order to properly prepare the light and shadowcasting for that area around the light. Without this the area will still look somewhat dark/shitty because the game does not really do much in the way of dynamic lighting.

So what I suggest you do is use the asylum light csc script instead, because that one assumes you compiled your map with the light intensity set to 2. To use this, simply change your light targetnames to "elect_light"
oh ok I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks for your help. One thing do I replace the .Csc or just add it to my nazi_zombie_mapname folder.sorry never messed around with different .Csc files.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
oh ok I'll give it a try tonight. Thanks for your help. One thing do I replace the .Csc or just add it to my nazi_zombie_mapname folder.sorry never messed around with different .Csc files.
It's all controlled by _lights.csc which is already in common.ff. No need to add it to your mod unless you want to make changes to it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
It's all controlled by _lights.csc which is already in common.ff. No need to add it to your mod unless you want to make changes to it.
well I gave it an honest go but no luck. But no worries it's not a game breaking feature by any means. Thanks for the help
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
well I gave it an honest go but no luck. But no worries it's not a game breaking feature by any means. Thanks for the help
It's kinda tricky to see this output because you have to be in developer + developer_script mode before you boot the map and can't have your console spammed with errors when you spawn, but the default _lights.csc script does make prints to the console when it finds lights that it needs to control. If you can get into that situation with your map/console you'd know whether the script even found your lights or not.

But I think it's safe to assume with reasonable certainty that the script either didn't find your lights or isn't running at all. I have attached a new _lights.csc which you should add to your IWD folder (so mods/mapname/clientscripts/_lights.csc) and it will print to the center of your screen if it found any lights and if the script has even loaded. If you don't see any prints then your script isnt even being loaded by _load.csc, and if you do see the loaded print but no light prints then you configured your lights wrong. Hopefully that all makes sense.

Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
It's kinda tricky to see this output because you have to be in developer + developer_script mode before you boot the map and can't have your console spammed with errors when you spawn, but the default _lights.csc script does make prints to the console when it finds lights that it needs to control. If you can get into that situation with your map/console you'd know whether the script even found your lights or not.

But I think it's safe to assume with reasonable certainty that the script either didn't find your lights or isn't running at all. I have attached a new _lights.csc which you should add to your IWD folder (so mods/mapname/clientscripts/_lights.csc) and it will print to the center of your screen if it found any lights and if the script has even loaded. If you don't see any prints then your script isnt even being loaded by _load.csc, and if you do see the loaded print but no light prints then you configured your lights wrong. Hopefully that all makes sense.
ok thanks again. I'm busy today but I'll give try tomorrow and let ya know.

Loading ...