Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Is there a way to allocate more memory to linker_pc.exe?

It's generally just a weird error. It can happen even if most of your memory is free. It probably wasn't the cause since usually the error is something like

"UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: EXE_ERR_HUNK_ALLOC_FAILED256"

this usually happens if one of the following :

* A instance of cod is still running in the back ground, which is fairly common. Open task manager and youll see some random cod file running in there, although the game is not running

* A Steam update is pending

* you are doing too many things at once, the compiler ran out of memory part way through ( Prob a million internet tabs open or something )

* Something just generally messed up, requires a pc restart

* Sometimes just need to close and reopen launcher

* Some people report getting this error if they have Assman or Assviewer of FX editor open at the same time. I get it with FX viewer, so need to close it before compile. But others reported the Assman being open problem to me before, It just doesnt happen to me
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
Signature
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3950067582.png

WaW - Nazi_zombie_candyland/Nazi_zombie_ascension2.0  90%-95% (Not completed)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_meth/Nazi_zombie_lamanai  100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_killswitch 100% (complete)
WaW - Nazi_zombie_pax 100%  (complete + UGX 1.1 edition)
BO3 - zm_epping_woods 80%
iBarnett's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
huh great! love problems that dont have an exact answer.

since its an .exe (linker_pc.exe) would be help to have it run though compatibility mode for xp service and as admin?
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
huh great! love problems that dont have an exact answer.

since its an .exe (linker_pc.exe) would be help to have it run though compatibility mode for xp service and as admin?

setting it to run as admin can prevent some issues, compatibility mode maybe. I came across a few issues setting the compatibility mode before.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
setting it to run as admin can prevent some issues, compatibility mode maybe. I came across a few issues setting the compatibility mode before.
compat mode is a funny one, some people seem to need it, others dont

Think it depends on your version of windows, what updates youve allowed it to install, and probably various other factors

generally speaking, anything located in "program files" should be accessed as admin, as windows employs protection on that folder to prevent tampering
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
compat mode is a funny one, some people seem to need it, others dont

Think it depends on your version of windows, what updates youve allowed it to install, and probably various other factors

generally speaking, anything located in "program files" should be accessed as admin, as windows employs protection on that folder to prevent tampering

What happened to me is that i randomly got that HUNK 256 error thing and no matter what I did, even restarting, I got the error. But then I took linker_pc.exe out of compatibility mode and everything is fine.
Date Registered: 1 June 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Zombies?
iBarnett's Groups
iBarnett's Contact & Social LinksiBarnettiBarnettiBarnettCorey Barnett
Well thanks for clearing up some info...at least it compiled again for me well at least for a week till launcher decides to pooch out again.
Thanks again to the people trying to help it is muchly appreciated!!
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
What happened to me is that i randomly got that HUNK 256 error thing and no matter what I did, even restarting, I got the error. But then I took linker_pc.exe out of compatibility mode and everything is fine.
its not an exact science, but theres also no reason why that would work - so will remain a mystery im afraid

Loading ...