My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Unannounced Map
40%
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
DarkWhiss's Contact & Social LinksBabaMayDarkWhiss
Hello everyone,

I have a question with adding zombie variants into my map. I want to add Mob of The Dead zombie models in my map to match the setting of my map and have no idea how to do that. So if anyone can tell me how to do that so it WILL work with UGX Mod, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Marked as best answer by DarkWhiss 10 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
 It's a bit complicated if you're not familiar with Asset Manager and setting you character files. But here's how I do it.
1. Your have to have Black Ops II.
2. You have to download a program called Lime. This program rips the models from Black ops II.(TomBmx program)
3. You have to convert the exported models in asset manager.
4. include the images for the models in you mods/mapname/images folder.
5. change the models in your xmodelalias/char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias.gsc and your character/char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc. I would recommend copying them to your mod/mapname, thus looking like this mods/mapname/character/char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc, and mods/mapname/ xmodelalias/char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias.gsc.
6. Then include the models in launcher in your fastfiles mod.csv like this:  xmodel,NameOfModelGoesHere
I believe that's it, that might not be the best way but it works for me every time.
Hope I helped, just try to break it down into sections so its not so overwhelming. Anything is possible just don't give up.
P.S. people cant share the models due to the legality of it.
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
i already exported everything, its the converting step in asset manager that i need explanation on.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
You just go into the .gdt lime made for you and find your model then convert it and the materials for it. Materials first. Or go into asset manager and make a new one by saving in source data and then manually creating new materials and xmodels. In those you just select the images for the materials and the xmodel-export for the xmodel. It's like adding a custom texture to a map but instead of world phong it's model phong. It's easy just a lot to explain. If you watch trem's gun porting tutorial you can kind of get a sense of how to do it. He is porting gun models and anims you would just focus on the model part not the anims. It's in the ugx wiki. I hope I make sense I'm kinda tired.
Date Registered: 7 October 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
DarkWhiss's Groups
5. change the models in your xmodelalias/char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias.gsc and your character/char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc. I would recommend copying them to your mod/mapname, thus looking like this mods/mapname/character/char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc, and mods/mapname/ xmodelalias/char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias.gsc.
You say change the gsc's but what do i change it to? Also how do i set it up in radiant?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
In your character/char_ger_honorguard_zombies.gsc you set it up as so:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
main()
{

self.num_bodies = 2;
self.bodie = randomint(self.num_bodies);

if(self.bodie == 0)
{
self setModel("bo2_c_zom_inmate_body2");  // the name of your zombie model goes here
self.headModel = "bo2_c_zom_zombie_hellcatraz_head";  // zombie head model goes here
self attach("bo2_c_zom_zombie_hellcatraz_head", "", true);  //zombie head model goes here
}

if(self.bodie == 1)
{
self setModel("bo2_c_zom_inmate_body2");  // zombie model goes here
self attach("bo2_c_zom_zombie_hellcatraz_head", "", true); // zombie head model here
        self attach("bo2_c_zom_zombie_hellcatraz_head", "", true);  //zombie head model goes here
}
self.voice = "german";

}

precache()
{
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_honorgd_zombieheadalias::main());
//codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\der_reise_heads::main());
//codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\shi_no_numa_heads::main());
precacheModel("bo2_c_zom_guard_hat");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_upclean");
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_rarmoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_larmoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_torsoalias::main());
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_behead");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_lowclean");
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_rlegoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_llegoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_legsoffalias::main());
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_rarmspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_larmspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_rlegspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_llegspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_upclean");
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_rarmoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_larmoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_torsoalias::main());
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_behead");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_lowclean");
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_rlegoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_llegoffalias::main());
codescripts\character::precacheModelArray(xmodelalias\char_ger_hnrgrd_body1_g_legsoffalias::main());
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_rarmspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_larmspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_rlegspawn");
precacheModel("char_ger_honorgd_body1_g_llegspawn");
}
You can change the numbers to add more zombie variants if you want to I just went with 2 for example.

In you xmodelalias/char_ger_honorgd_bodyzalias.gsc and char_ger_honorgd_zombieheadalias.gsc you just add the name of your zombie models and zombie heads to the array. Its as easy as that. Now dont forget to add all the images the zombie models require to your mapname/images and to check them in the mod builder otherwise the zombies will be black. to check if you have all the images and that your model works just go into radiant and right click then select misc/model, then choose your zombie model and if it shows up in radiant your model is good, then once you compile and start up map if you see your model ingame and it looks good your zombies should work. If your model is white in game then your zombies will look like there wearing a black suit until you put all the textures they need in your images folder. Now all that being said this code doesnt include gibbing so your models will not lose arms or shred if you light them up with a machine gun.

Loading ...