More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Im new to mapping and have a small box map im using to get used to the mod tools, and I am trying to set up a second room, the first zone in room 1 is start_zone and is working properly with spawners and everything.

however after buying the debris I set up to the second zone  zone_2 the rounds begin to skip and I get something along the lines of "you have placed exactly 1 dog struct in this zone start_zone" when im not even in the start zone but the other one, I set zone adjacency in mapname.gsc and set up the debris and spawner using the zombiemodding tuts, however I think those are dated as they told me to set up a wallgun with triggers, models and kvps etc when there are premade prefabs like the perks.

the spawner has a yellow line going from the zone (zone_2) to it in radiant, with a red line from the spawner to debris.

if anyone could help me solve it and get it so that when the debris is bought, zone 2 activates and the zombies there spawn it would be appreciated
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Door trigger needs to have script_flag enter_zone_2. And there shouldnt be line coming from spawner to debris. Also check, if zones volume is set right
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ProRevenge's Groups
I think thats my problem, the spawnflag enter_zone_2 is on the debris itself (a bookshelf) rather than the trigger.

Im not on my PC now ive just gone off but ill try it tomorrow and see if it works.

So should the spawner be tied to JUST the zone, and he will spawn correctly?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
The error text you described is normal if the zone isnt active

Its part of zonemanager, on start up, it checks all the zones are set up right, if theres a problem it tells you right away

Wont neccesarily function wrong, its just telling you that you "should" have at least 2 risers and dogs in each zone, but you dont, thats all :)

You can get rid of those warnings if you want (in fact youll need to before you release your mod anyway)

And yeah i believe the script_flag needs to be on the trigger
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:59:49 am by Harry Bo21
Marked as best answer by ProRevenge 9 years ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
So should the spawner be tied to JUST the zone, and he will spawn correctly?

Yes, and yes to as well on script_flag needs to be in trigger
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ProRevenge's Groups
Got it working now, thanks! :)

unrelated question: can I change the name of a custom map after I have made it? if im using UGX script placer 2 to create it because I cant think of a name before ive even made a map.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Got it working now, thanks! :)

unrelated question: can I change the name of a custom map after I have made it? if im using UGX script placer 2 to create it because I cant think of a name before ive even made a map.

You would need to run script placer again to change console name, but you can change folder name later on, so it shows up as new name in game and not as console command.

Also, mark topic as solved, since my answer helped you

Loading ...