Date Registered: 15 October 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
joeym71's Groups
joeym71's Contact & Social Links
What is the best way to purchase or download world at war so that you can play online with people on zombies? on my version I cant make a online account and its getting boring.  Is buying the DVD or a steam version or some free download better? Also, when I minimize my game to do something and click on the WAW icon on my desktop again, it just shows a black screen and I have to restart my computer. Any help?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 18 May 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
2014 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
moonmaster1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
2014 Contest Winner
I will say a download from steam.

Yo can recover your game quickly in case of corruption or fresh O.S. install. All patches are applied instantly with all DLC.

Its virtually painless.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
steam is the best place to get it. And the reason why when you go to the desktop it shows a black screen when you go back to the game is, its a problem with world at war or steam or something, and to exit it out just ctrl, alt, delete then end task on codwaw.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Also, when I minimize my game to do something and click on the WAW icon on my desktop again, it just shows a black screen and I have to restart my computer. Any help?

This also happens with my version, but it's an issue with Windows 7/8 as opposed to being steam related. It does not do it on my Windows XP partition, but ALWAYS does it with my windows 8 partition and on my PC running windows 7.

As for the best place to get it from... I would have to say Steam, but it is actually more affordable buying it from Amazon, as they sell it for half the price that it is on Steam, with all DLC included, but the interface with steam makes it more appealing.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
joeym71's Groups
If I have the game already on my computer downloaded from bit torrent, what would I have to do to keep the steam version instead if I buy it? and also would I be able to downloaded it on multiple computer? how does it work once you purchase it from steam?

Post Merge: October 21, 2013, 03:37:27 pm
you guys probably hate me, but will I lose all the custom maps I already have if I get the steam version?
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:37:27 pm by joeym71
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Well, the first thing I would do is move any maps you have from there current folder to a temporary folder, then removed the 'cracked' version you have, then when you buy it from steam you can move the maps into the folder created by steam, which is usually...

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods

*YOU being the folder that is named after the user

Then they will automatically show up in the mods section in-game or alternatively use the UGX Map Manager to launch the maps.

Also, you can use Steam on multiple systems, but I am 99% sure you cannot play World at War on 2 machines simultaneously from the same account. I have steam installed on my PC and Laptop and have all my games on both systems.
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:21:30 pm by DeathBringerZen
Date Registered: 2 May 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Hi.
90Dboy's Groups
90Dboy's Contact & Social Links
If I have the game already on my computer downloaded from bit torrent, what would I have to do to keep the steam version instead if I buy it? and also would I be able to downloaded it on multiple computer? how does it work once you purchase it from steam?
I think discussing pirating is against the rules.
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:20:34 pm by 90Dboy
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
joeym71's Groups
Once you purchase it, how does it work? Like you login on whatever computer you want to install it on and just download it like that? Or does it just give you one download and if you lose that download then your screwed. Is the download linked to your steam account?

Post Merge: October 21, 2013, 04:37:01 pm
last thing this way I can stop annyoing you guys, im ready to buy it but I want to make sure this is the right place to download it.  I made a steam account and I went here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/10090/
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:37:01 pm by joeym71
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
That is where you buy it, yes. You can download Steam onto as many computers as you want, and when you login to Steam on whatever system you prefer, it will show your library of games you own. If it is not downloaded onto that system, you just hit download and it will install so you can download it onto as many systems as you want, but again I am sure you can only play on one system at any one time.

So... after you buy it, start World at War up once and then quit and it will create the folder for you to move the maps into.

Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
joeym71's Groups
thanks so much dude! I just needed the guidance for all of this haha... dont wanna watse $20 for nothing
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
It's cool man. Piracy talk in not allowed, but you have made the step into buying it legit and you will reap the benefits from a more stable and up to date game with all DLC.

It also gives you access to Steam and the many zombie playing groups associated with them. Oh... and it gives you a clear conscience too.  :P

EDIT: Oh, and you also get access to online play too! How could I forget that ONE!  :lol:
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:57:41 pm by DeathBringerZen

Loading ...