UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Why forum topic for some old maps are locked?

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by publicENEMY
Date Registered: 28 October 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
publicENEMY's Groups
publicENEMY's Contact & Social Links
I want to provide map author some comments/critism/bug reports etc. Unfortunately, the topic are locked. Why is it locked? I dont think map released topic should be locked to prevent necro. because, those map topic are the only practical way to communicate to the author and map players.

Anyway, great site. Long live WAW.
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
They get automatically locked if nobody comments on the topic in a few months(forgot exactly how long, but yeah)
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:49:19 am by Dust
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
publicENEMY's Groups
I would vote for the topics to be remain unlocked. New player might try good old maps and want to provide criticism.

Is it possible to lift the rules?

Thanks.
Date Registered: 18 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Limits like fear are often an illusion.
Signature
freefire1990's Groups
I would vote for the topics to be remain unlocked. New player might try good old maps and want to provide criticism.

Is it possible to lift the rules?

Thanks.

You could provide criticism, but why would you if the maps are probably abandoned and will not be updated?
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
why? then then you get maps that are from 3 years ago poping up all the time, that no one gives a shit about, if u think its absolutly essential that they here ur opinions, just pm them
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
publicENEMY's Groups
The point is, if the map is actively discussed, it means it is actively played/popular. And doesnt get buried. Maps that are not really good, gets buried faster.

The good thing with ugx forum is that you can sort my by date of thread created. So for the people that doesnt gives a shit about old maps, they can use that feature. For people that gives a shit about old but good maps, they can try old maps that are actively discussed.

If I have messages that are absolutely essential, I can PM the devs. Unfortunately, PM is unavailable to me at the moment.

If Im a mapper, I love to hear constructive criticism on my old maps. I love to hear my maps are being actively played even after years of release.

WAW is dying. BO3 has released its map editor. Having good maps sorted at higher thread might helps. Waw newcomers (esp during waw sale), might benefit from this.

Just my 2 cents.
Date Registered: 30 July 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Current project: Afterlife
Signature
"The only time you should look back, is to see how far you've come."
The point is, if the map is actively discussed, it means it is actively played/popular. And doesnt get buried. Maps that are not really good, gets buried faster.

The good thing with ugx forum is that you can sort my by date of thread created. So for the people that doesnt gives a shit about old maps, they can use that feature. For people that gives a shit about old but good maps, they can try old maps that are actively discussed.

If I have messages that are absolutely essential, I can PM the devs. Unfortunately, PM is unavailable to me at the moment.

If Im a mapper, I love to hear constructive criticism on my old maps. I love to hear my maps are being actively played even after years of release.

WAW is dying. BO3 has released its map editor. Having good maps sorted at higher thread might helps. Waw newcomers (esp during waw sale), might benefit from this.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok you're kind of all over the place with this post so, if the map is actively discussed then it won't be locked. But if the topic has been dead for more than 3 months (thread lock time) don't you think it'd be smart to keep it locked than having new comers add nothing to the topic. Also it's good to get criticism asap, not months after the topic is locked and they've already progressed from that point. Finally I don't see how new mappers can benefit from old locked posts when it doesn't relate to them.

It's smart to keep an old post locked then having someone post on it for no reason and drown out newer content.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:53:39 am by StupidEdits

Loading ...