Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Alright Treminaor, I know that I'm pretty demanding expecially for a member that doesn't bring a whole lot to the table, but I still have an Atari 2600. Any chance you'd be willing to put a screen in that? I mean, playing Pitfall, Outlaw and Chopper Command on the go would be equal in excitement to being asked to be one of the main characters in The Expendables 3 and then finding out that my ex-wife got hit by a truck on the same day.
Like this but with a 2600? http://benheck.com/06-18-2008/atari-7800-portable
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Well I'm not particularly proud of the work, but I've started soldering the wiring for the game pak slot. I checked with a magnifying glass - nothing's bridged and the joints are acceptable. I'll hot glue over it once I verify the wiring works. The reason the wires look so high up on the joints is NOT because I used too much solder or anything - it's because there are still partial pieces of old pins in the slots which I have soldered onto. Should be fine.

The sleeving is a little burnt up but other than looking bad it shouldn't effect things. The wires have been worked with too much honestly but I didn't have the motifivation to re-clip and restrip both of ends of 48 new wires, haha. What happened was initially I soldered all 48 wires to the wrong row of ports - no damage done but the time's wasted.

I'll do the other row next, then wire the other ends to the game pak slot.

Batteries should be here tomorrow or the next day I think. Hopefully once they arrive I can test things.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Ok I  finished the second row on the board, and finished one of the rows on the game pak slot. One more row to go on the slot, then I to test the board by supplying power and a display in order to check for video output and game load.

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I think the game slot is finally completely soldered. I'm tempted to glue it all now before anything breaks but I really want to test it before I make it semi-permanent. As soon as the batteries come in the mail (hopefully tomorrow) I will wire everything up and test the cartridge slot. If it doesn't work I'm going to scream because I spent two hours soldering this slot  :'(

Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
karthurm's Groups
karthurm's Contact & Social Linkskarthurmer
I hope your batteries get there soon :/ i wanna see it in action
btw was there no easier way then soldering, like just leaving it where it was originally?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I hope your batteries get there soon :/ i wanna see it in action
btw was there no easier way then soldering, like just leaving it where it was originally?
If I had left it where it was, the cartridge would stick out the back of the case perpendicular to everything. Would be pretty shitty imo, look bad and your fingers would hit it. If I had to make a lot of these I would probably leave it that way though unless the person gave me like $50ish extra - its a lot of work for looks.
Date Registered: 18 August 2012
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
karthurm's Groups
karthurm's Contact & Social Linkskarthurmer
ohh ok i see now. when my bro gets back from collage im ganna make a sega genisis potable
EDIT: or not http://www.geekosystem.com/ultimate-portable-game-player-genesis-games/
Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:10:09 am by karthurm
Date Registered: 25 June 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Fallout Assault Center - Released!

Z ASYLUM - WIP  https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15236.msg150610.html#msg150610

Xbl, psn, and steam username is nickst98
nickst98's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
nice idea, im getting near finishing my xbox
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
nice idea, im getting near finishing my xbox
Post some pics in your thread! :)
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Screen works nicely:

Has controls for Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Aspect Ratio (16:9 stretched or 4:3 natural)

Charger works and was powering the screen - I will hotglue the wires so that they aren't exposed.
Date Registered: 4 August 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
deathclonic's Groups
Screen works nicely:
(Image removed from quote.)

Has controls for Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Aspect Ratio (16:9 stretched or 4:3 natural)

Charger works and was powering the screen - I will hotglue the wires so that they aren't exposed.
(Image removed from quote.)

hahaha you're watching, "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" Great show.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
hahaha you're watching, "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" Great show.
One of the best
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I've got the 3.3v regulator and the power cable wired to the board (this is temporary, I will incorporate the batteries when they arrive)

[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I quickly wired up the screen's video signal and power line to the board and plugged things in - no power indication on the board - LED remained unlit on the N64 mobo. I assume there's a short somewhere, I'll investigate tomorrow.
Former UGX Co-Founder
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Co-Founder
I quickly wired up the screen's video signal and power line to the board and plugged things in - no power indication on the board - LED remained unlit on the N64 mobo. I assume there's a short somewhere, I'll investigate tomorrow.

You need to activate the Stick Insect module for it to work correctly.

Loading ...