The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
I'm really excited for the UGX mod Standalone 1.1, but some stuff doesn't seem too great. This is my thoughts.

I like the elemental system, but it definitely shouldn't be in the Pack-A-Punch machine. The elements and PaP should be separate because they're 2 different systems. You can't just add something like that to that system because it is a specific upgrade system made to give laser bullets like it always has. To change it to a system with 6 different elements (Fire, Water, Acid, Electricity, Air, Lasers) would change the nature of the PaP machine to be more powerful than it ever was before, meaning it was holding off on us for years. There needs to be a separate machine to be seen as almost more powerful than the Pack-A-Punch, but not significant enough to seem like PaP is unnecessary.

Sharing Is Caring is a great concept, but the machine itself is bad. Sharing Is Caring doesn't sound like a perk machine. It sounds like an achievement. The perk machine looks amazing, but the name is too long. It may just be the Is in there, but it feels too long to say. I will most likely be starting to make custom maps once the mod comes out, but, if I can, I will be changing Sharing Is Caring into a pegboard in a gun shop in whatever I choose to make and put the "Elemental Machine" in there too. This way friends can drop weapons where they know where they can find them and mess with them if they have the money, otherwise you're directing them to where the gun is and causing trouble.

Brutus doesn't look right. I don't know if you did that as a little "Look what we did!" or not, but he doesn't look like the prominent, scary monster he is. I understand either way, but, if he does come with the mod, make him the kind of guy you should fear.

Questions:
*Can the Sentry gun be upgraded with the "Elemental Machine"? Otherwise, can it be PaP'd to be grenadier Sentry gun?
*Would you make Max Ammos optional? Like you can save it for when you really need it, but can only have one at a time?
*Gersch Devices? Are they possible?
*Will we get different character models or is it the normal ones?
*Galvaknuckles?
*Will you have the portable wall chalk like in Buried at all? If so, which ones?
*No ballistic knives? :)

Sorry if this is too many questions to answer at once. I like what you're doing with the mod: I just don't like how some of it works. Thank you for the hard work you're putting into the mod and I truly hope you take some of this to mind.
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
After reading this, I get the impression that you haven't played the current version of UGX Mod.

Brutus doesn't look right. I don't know if you did that as a little "Look what we did!" or not, but he doesn't look like the prominent, scary monster he is. I understand either way, but, if he does come with the mod, make him the kind of guy you should fear.
Our Brutus is an evolution of the boss zombie we already had in previous versions of the mod. We ported the Brutus model and I scripted the footsteps and feet fx to make him look like he does in MOTD. That was not an attempt at fully porting Brutus, it was just a way to make our boss look more recognizable to players. We may make an effort towards making it even more like MOTD but we have not decided yet. Much more important things are in the pipeline.

I like the elemental system, but it definitely shouldn't be in the Pack-A-Punch machine. The elements and PaP should be separate because they're 2 different systems.
We've already seen some people say this in the comments. If SajeOne can find the time and the creativity for making an elemental weapons machine then we might do this, but no promises.

Sharing Is Caring is a great concept, but the machine itself is bad. Sharing Is Caring doesn't sound like a perk machine. It sounds like an achievement. The perk machine looks amazing, but the name is too long. It may just be the Is in there, but it feels too long to say. I will most likely be starting to make custom maps once the mod comes out, but, if I can, I will be changing Sharing Is Caring into a pegboard in a gun shop in whatever I choose to make and put the "Elemental Machine" in there too. This way friends can drop weapons where they know where they can find them and mess with them if they have the money, otherwise you're directing them to where the gun is and causing trouble.
I really don't understand most of your points in this. Are you really saying the name of the perk is more important than the perk itself? And I don't understand your point at the end either.

Questions:
*Can the Sentry gun be upgraded with the "Elemental Machine"? Otherwise, can it be PaP'd to be grenadier Sentry gun?
*Would you make Max Ammos optional? Like you can save it for when you really need it, but can only have one at a time?
*Gersch Devices? Are they possible?
*Will we get different character models or is it the normal ones?
*Galvaknuckles?
*Will you have the portable wall chalk like in Buried at all? If so, which ones?
*No ballistic knives? :)
Answers:
* Be patient and you will see.
* No, part of the gameplay of Max Ammo is that you have to take it within a few seconds, whether you need it or not. If you made it controllable then it takes out the challenge.
* Planned.
* Already done, but only in UGX-created maps currently. v1.1 will provide it for all maps.
* Not planned.
* No, I see that as Treyarch saying "We don't know where the hell to put our weapon chalks, so we'll let you move them around for us". It also allows weapon camping.
* Will be added because it's needed for Sticks and Stones.
Date Registered: 18 April 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
HeadShooter's Groups
HeadShooter's Contact & Social Links
Personally I think being able to move chalk wall weapons in Buried is pretty awesome.

I see it as Treyarch's way of giving us more freedom to play the way we want.  Since Black Ops 2 does not have custom maps it fits in nicely.

IMO it would be cool but not at the top of the list of things to work on.  I feel UGX does a great job of working on bringing us the best features first.

Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
* No, I see that as Treyarch saying "We don't know where the hell to put our weapon chalks, so we'll let you move them around for us". It also allows weapon camping.

that is true, in Buried i put the PDW and the an94 in a strategic and i never die (37 best round(easy level)).

and its give you 1000 points per chalk, you can get mule kick, jugger, fast reload and quick revive in 1 round. that is a big fail of treyarch :(
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
that is true, in Buried i put the PDW and the an94 in a strategic and i never die (37 best round(easy level)).

and its give you 1000 points per chalk, you can get mule kick, jugger, fast reload and quick revive in 1 round. that is a big fail of treyarch :(

The weapon chalk was nice but it was OP when it came to the different weapons you moved and how much points you got. If it gave only 250 tops 500 points per chalk it would be much better. Also if they hadnt of used the most powerful weapons in the game for chalks. If the AN-94 had been replaced with the M16 for chalks and AN-94 was where M16 is, it would've been more challenging. The B23R should'nt be in any map at all. It doesn't fit in and its a weak gun even upgraded. It isnt even dual wield upgraded so it isnt worth it to get it. Every pistol should be singular unless upgraded because that proves that you trust that weapon enough to help you out, otherwise why bother getting a second one? That's just my opinion though

Post Merge: August 21, 2013, 03:04:20 am
After reading this, I get the impression that you haven't played the current version of UGX Mod.
Our Brutus is an evolution of the boss zombie we already had in previous versions of the mod. We ported the Brutus model and I scripted the footsteps and feet fx to make him look like he does in MOTD. That was not an attempt at fully porting Brutus, it was just a way to make our boss look more recognizable to players. We may make an effort towards making it even more like MOTD but we have not decided yet. Much more important things are in the pipeline.
I have not played it but from what I've seen there is no boss zombies in the videos I've seen. That could just be me but I haven't seen one. It is nice that you put the Brutus skin on him; I'm just saying try and make him look the part if you plan on releasing him as part of the mod, which would be nice so people could try to reskin him to fit the map.
We've already seen some people say this in the comments. If SajeOne can find the time and the creativity for making an elemental weapons machine then we might do this, but no promises.
I know you probably won't take this advice, but I could help with creativity. You want weapons to have the element of water? Make a giant cylindrical test tube that has one side with a capsule of water and one with 115 I guess. Water and Acid could be interchangeable. Electricity? Tesla Coil Generator. The outside emits high voltage purple electricity with a ring around the top of metal. Once again this is in a test tube shape but it has to be activated by a switch separate from power. Fire? This one would be rather map specific and harder to find but have a break in pipes where you put the gun and have a valve that costs points to turn and fire goes over the weapon making it hard to see for the player. Air could be the same with steam but that seems iffy. The whole point is to make the weapon invisible to the player so you can't see when it's "switched" so water might have a swirling effect. If you like any of these ideas, take them. Just give credit where credit is due if you do.
I really don't understand most of your points in this. Are you really saying the name of the perk is more important than the perk itself? And I don't understand your point at the end either.

A. The perk doesn't sound like a perk name. "Sharing Is Caring" is literally on millions of kindergarten walls. Not to be rude, but that's all it seems like. The name of the perk is a very important part of the perk itself because of the ease it has to say. You can say,"I'm going to get Quick Revive." to a friend and he knows what you're talking about because the sentence was clear and easy. If you say,"I'm going to get Sharing Is Caring." they'll be confused because the names too long to remember to say and not easy enough to remember. After MotD came out, everyone could say Electric Cherry easily because there was nothing to stump them. "Sharing Is Caring" doesn't seem like a simple name to say.
B. My point at the end is when you set a gun down on a floor that isn't very lighted, you could lose the gun because it would be hard to find. You could reference spots to the gun, but that doesn't mean they'd find it. The pegboard simplifies this because there's one spot that you need to find instead of scouring the map because someone forgot where they put it. Much simpler, but you still have to get there to get the weapon.
One final question: Will the Tranzit bus be in this mod? If not, is there a way to make one for your map? I saw in Seelow they made a car that transported the player if I recall. Maybe even in Comosea there was something similar.
Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:07:44 am by MAK911
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I have not played it but from what I've seen there is no boss zombies in the videos I've seen.
I would kindly suggest playing a map with the mod on it before making suggestions or criticisms. Try Comosea or Zebba Farms. Boss only shows in Arcademode, every 5 to 12 rounds. In timed, he shows up every few minutes.

It is nice that you put the Brutus skin on him; I'm just saying try and make him look the part if you plan on releasing him as part of the mod, which would be nice so people could try to reskin him to fit the map.
Brutus isn't a skin of a zombie model, it's a seperate model entirely. You wouldn't be able to reskin the Brutus model to look more than about 5% different than its current appearance. It's not a generic model that could take the appearance of any humanoid.

A. The perk doesn't sound like a perk name. "Sharing Is Caring" is literally on millions of kindergarten walls. Not to be rude, but that's all it seems like.
Thanks.

The name of the perk is a very important part of the perk itself because of the ease it has to say. You can say,"I'm going to get Quick Revive." to a friend and he knows what you're talking about because the sentence was clear and easy. If you say,"I'm going to get Sharing Is Caring." they'll be confused because the names too long to remember to say and not easy enough to remember. After MotD came out, everyone could say Electric Cherry easily because there was nothing to stump them. "Sharing Is Caring" doesn't seem like a simple name to say.
Ever heard of abbreviations? "I'm gonna go grab Sharing." Done. People just say Revive, Speed, Jugg, Double, PHD, Stammy, Mule, Cherry, PaP, etc etc. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

B. My point at the end is when you set a gun down on a floor that isn't very lighted, you could lose the gun because it would be hard to find.
Better pay attention to where you drop it then. You have to crouch and stare at your feet to place it, so I would hope you could remember your last location for a few minutes to show your friend (and that assumes he isn't already standing next to you waiting for you to drop the gun).

The pegboard simplifies this because there's one spot that you need to find instead of scouring the map because someone forgot where they put it.
It's a waste of a mapper's time to force him to find a location to place a pegboard just to get a perk to function. Not to mention it adds confusion to people who already expect the perk to work a certain way.

One final question: Will the Tranzit bus be in this mod? If not, is there a way to make one for your map?
No, that's completely map-specific and a waste of time and resources. Anyone could make one for their own map but that's for them to do, not us.
Date Registered: 24 September 2012
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Letting Zombies eat my brains since 82
Signature
Zombiejelly's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Zombiejelly's Contact & Social LinksZombiejelly115Zombiejelly115@BradtimmsZombiejelly

as far as a perk name being too long, I cant think of any times where I will say the full perk name. Most people I play with will usually say Jug (juggernog) or something like speedy (speed reload) revive (quick revive) flopper (phd Flopper) dead shot (dead shot daquari) I dont think the name of a perk should be an issue because its got a long name. I also would like to add that if the ugx team took everything from Treyarchs maps and completly copyed it to the T it for me would be kind of boring. Im glad that they are changing things up a bit. They dont want to copy Brutus from MOTB, they want his look because he does look like more of a boss figure than a normal zombie or even a zombie with flaming hands. Putting things in a map or mod like the peg board that was spoken of, I dont really know alot about mapping but I would think you would not want to spend a ton of time putting something in that really doesnt advance your playing experience with that map. I really am not being rude or disrespectful but I dont think your issues are really valid
Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:38:44 pm by Zombiejelly

Loading ...