More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Project Yeti, a map that doesn’t actually feature a Yeti or snow monster in general. This map is made by Chromastone10 and was originally made with the intention of the YouTuber Laggin24x being the first person to be able to post footage of it. The Fact is, this map was not meant to be his Contest Map, but, shit got complicated and now it is. This map was also announced by UGX as the Bronze Medallist for the UGX-Mods & Zommods competition 2015.

Well, without further ado, let’s get into the Pros & Cons of this map.

PROS

Snow Map: There aren’t many of these around at the moment, and this is refreshing, as majority of maps go with the dark & gloomy theme, instead of themes like the snow theme.

Weapons on Point: as expected from Chroma ever since CPH, his weapons are on point, including a few Dual Wield weapons, such as Mustang & Sally and the Dual FMG9’s from MW3. Speaking of MW3, this map has a decent variety of weapons, including a re-done Wave gun, which has made it into the Gershe Gun, which was refreshing.

Five Teleporters: I personally like the five teleporters, as they work without the fuss of having to link them. As well as the fact it was like a lottery whether you got to where you wanted was also nice.

The Slide: A refreshing Mechanic which replaces the standard Drop-shot (since Dolphin Dive isn’t really a thing in W@W) with a slide from any of the latest 3 Call of Duty titles (take your pick, they all have a slide)

Well, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the cons of this map.

CONS

Not much to do: This is like the zombies of old, which thanks to maps like leviathan and Oil Rig, is a bad thing, as having nothing to pursue is kind of boring.

Four Perk Limit: This map has a four perk limit with no way of changing the amount/earning more perks. I am all for perk limits, as it forces to prioritise what perks are needed more than the other, but if there is a way to earn more slots (like a perk drop, a mini easter egg, etc.) it adds to the gameplay, as you can attempt to earn all the perks that are on offer.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 8/10.Props to Chroma, as this map was a good map to look at, from the Five-styled Pack-a-Punch area to the normal map, it was nice

Custom Content: 9/10. The weapons and majority of the models are custom, but the Knife model is not.

Fun Scale: 5/10. It was fun, but nothing too exciting.

Replayability: 3/10. Like Box Map X, except that Box Map X had an objective that could be unlocked and completed, unlike this map.

Overall Score: 25/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9214.0.html
broken avatar :(
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan
Replayability: 3/10. Like Box Map X, except that Box Map X had an objective that could be unlocked and completed, unlike this map.

On fucking point :D
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
xdddd
Signature
ZombieSlayer5778's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
ZombieSlayer5778's Contact & Social Links76561198200039562JSgaming
Nice review Jiffy! Haven't tried the map yet, so your review was helpful  ;)
Date Registered: 20 March 2016
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Signature
“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?” - Steven King
Wolf MacDowell's Contact & Social Linkswolff.macdWolf_MacDowellWolf_MacDoweMegaGrimgor
I actually really love this map. Although nothing spectacular it is definitely replayable and fun as all heck with it's thousands of teleporters.

I'd give it 4/5
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Solid review. I do wish this map was bigger and people had more incentive to play it, but loved the textures. Nice job

Loading ...