My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Map: Cracked

This map was made by F3ARxReaper

Setting: The world is in mass chaos after an unexpected explosion on the moon. You and three of your friends are left stranded in a small town, Cracked, and are left to fend for yourselves. No others remain from the looks of it... or so it seems.

Positives: When downloading this map, I was really excited to see all the features it possessed. After gathering some guys to get a game and dying a few times, we finally got the gist of what was going on. The first thing that caught my attention was the "afterlife" (called "zombify") from Mob of the Dead. This feature allows players once per round to turn into a zombie, open doors, and turn on the power to various perks, bringing more strategy into the game. The second thing I noticed were the shovels. When playing the game, a player can pick up a shovel and "dig" up piles of bones on the ground revealing weapons, drops (including Blood Money), and parts to a custom wonderweapon (how cool is that??). On top of this feature, the map includes 13 different perks including Widow's Wine and 6 custom perks. "Cracked" also includes a number of weapons (from Cod4 to BO2), easter eggs, a weapons locker & bank, and perma-perks that require different and unique strategies to unlock.

Negatives: I'm going to be honest, when I first saw this map I think I might've gotten my hopes up. I expected a massive and professional made map, and I couldn't have been more wrong. The map isn't really big at all (1 large area, 2 small buildings, and a few small areas), and the textures of the supposed "town" weren't very realistic. On top of that, "Cracked" had more bugs than an entomologist. A few problems include mysery box not spawning, drops disappearing when walking over them, zombies attacking a "zombified" player (in the afterlife) and killing them, etc. Once we made it to round 22, the risers all got stuck and window zombies stopped spawning, leaving us with a pretty boring game.

Conclusion: Overall, I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed playing this map. Checking out all the custom content and desire to build the wonderweapon kept me playing. But every map has its problems... (some more than others). I was not impressed with the map itself (the map was pretty much half done), but F3ARxReaper shows talent. I would love to see some of these awesome features implimented into other maps with more effort put into them. I can't say "Cracked" is one of my favorites, but I can say I had fun playing it and look forward to the mapper's next release.

Level of Detail: 4/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 6/10

Score: 25/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9994.0.html
Spoiler: click to open...
Thanks to F3ARxReaper for the picture  :D
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:17:59 pm by Xperience
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Good review lol . Always liked your reviews and ninja's lol. They're a bit funny. Keep the good the work up . See i changed my line damino :troll:
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Good review lol . Always liked your reviews and ninja's lol. They're a bit funny. Keep the good the work up . See i changed my line damino :troll:

Thanks Tim, appreciate the feedback :)
Date Registered: 2 January 2016
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Signature
"Wourder"
                   - Brad Leone
XEcW22's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
XEcW22's Contact & Social LinksPapa bolsa de culoXEcW22
Great review :D
Date Registered: 11 August 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
I have crippling diabetes
Signature
I have a tiny penis.
seanathan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
seanathan's Contact & Social Links
I would give this a 32 out of 40 if it weren't for the stupid bugs
Date Registered: 25 December 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Conspiracy Theorist
Signature
Yes.
NeutronStars's Groups
NeutronStars's Contact & Social LinksPocket_InfinitypocketinfinityNeutronStars
Great review, man! Couldn't agree more about the bugs, still a fun map though! :D

Loading ...