Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Over the past week i have been experiencing major fps drops in all of my steam games. I got my new PC in January of 2014 and up until now I have had no problems. Before, i could run most games between 30-60 fps without any trouble. Now all of a sudden, i am experiencing major fps drops every 1-5 minutes. It drops from 60 fps to 10 fps in a matter of seconds, then it freezes up for about 10 seconds. Then it goes up to 60 again and everything is fine until it happens again in a few minutes. This makes the games almost unplayable especially zombies because as soon as you freeze up, you die! This only happens on about half of my games and the other half runs perfectly smooth. I hope someone can help me cause its really annoying and it pisses me off that a brand new PC would do this. Here are the specs:

HP Pavillion 17
Windows 8.1
6GB Ram
Intel Core i3 processor
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Graphics Card)
64-Bit Operating system

I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance ;)
Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:47:29 pm by MZslayer11
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 18 October 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
eliudjb's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
eliudjb's Contact & Social Linkseliudjbeliudjbeliudjb
I had a problem like yours. Even when i have an NVIDIA Graphic Card. But maybe its beacuse our PC processors. I have 2.4GHZ. :okay:
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Check your background processes and watch for processes that spike your CPU usage every few minutes. I had a java program on my computer that would cause javaw.exe to hit 60% CPU a couple times a minute and every time it happened I would get framedrops in my game.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
Thanks for the imput guys but the problem seems to have worked itself out! Ill check my CPU if it happens again ;)

Loading ...