Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I want to hear both PC and Xbox One/PS4 volume at the same time, because I like playing games and listening to music.
The Xbox 360 dashboard had this functionality built into it at launch when I had mine - I assume it's still there? You could even access a shared library located on your PC.

I especially love doing this for Zombies, but I can only do it on solo, because I can hear PC and Xbox 360 volume at the same time, but when I plug in the Xbox chat cable into the back of the headset, it cuts off any volume from the PC. Also, sometimes I'm talking to friends on Xbox and I want to talk to them and play on PC, but still hear the PC volume.
That's because the Mixamp (and any other gaming headset amplifier that I've ever seen) only have two inputs. Unless you can combine your PC audio with your console audio using an audio mixer box before running it into the headset amplifer, I think you're SOL.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 8 July 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
BioAftermath's Contact & Social LinksErneldBioAftermath
The Xbox 360 dashboard had this functionality built into it at launch when I had mine - I assume it's still there? You could even access a shared library located on your PC.
That's because the Mixamp (and any other gaming headset amplifier that I've ever seen) only have two inputs. Unless you can combine your PC audio with your console audio using an audio mixer box before running it into the headset amplifier, I think you're SOL.
How much does an audio mixer cost? And I could imagine that it would be annoying to have to switch the cables for the console when I want to play with another, or is there one where I could hook up all there? Also, my friend has an Astro A40 headset and he says that he can hear his PC and Xbox through his headset at the same time all the time. Is that because of the Mixamp that he uses?
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:29:29 am by BioAftermath
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
How much does an audio mixer cost? And I could imagine that it would be annoying to have to switch the cables for the console when I want to play with another, or is there one where I could hook up all there?
Having multiple audio/video inputs (read: consoles) with one audio output (read: headset) is achieved with an audio receiver.

An audio mixer is a dumbed down receiver which only handles audio inputs. You will have to decide which is more convenient for your setup because I do not know enough about your setup to give advice.

You will end up going over your budget if you buy either of those things.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Having multiple audio/video inputs (read: consoles) with one audio output (read: headset) is achieved with an audio receiver.

An audio mixer is a dumbed down receiver which only handles audio inputs. You will have to decide which is more convenient for your setup because I do not know enough about your setup to give advice.

You will end up going over your budget if you buy either of those things.
Then what about my friend and his Astro A40s? Maybe I just need to buy the same MixAmp?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Then what about my friend and his Astro A40s? Maybe I just need to buy the same MixAmp?
Wait, you bought your Astro A50's without a Mixamp? No wonder you don't like them... Keep your A50's, borrow your friend's Mixamp, see if you can get what you want from it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Wait, you bought your Astro A50's without a Mixamp? No wonder you don't like them... Keep your A50's, borrow your friend's Mixamp, see if you can get what you want from it.
No, I have the A50 with the MixAmp that came with it.

I'm pretty sure that my friend has the MixAmp that you linked to me, I have this one:  http://im36.gulfup.com/2KWj4.jpg
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:55:24 am by BioAftermath
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
No, I have the A50 with the MixAmp that came with it.

I'm pretty sure that my friend has the MixAmp that you linked to me, I have this one:  http://im36.gulfup.com/2KWj4.jpg
That thing is terrible, I returned it within 15 minutes of getting it in the mail. Try a wired Mixamp, the one I linked to you. If your friend has the one I linked, borrow his.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
That thing is terrible, I returned it within 15 minutes of getting it in the mail. Try a wired Mixamp, the one I linked to you. If your friend has the one I linked, borrow his.
So, if I buy that MixAmp, I can use my Astro A50s while chatting on Xbox and hearing the volume of the PC and Xbox?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So, if I buy that MixAmp, I can use my Astro A50s while chatting on Xbox and hearing the volume of the PC and Xbox?
Nope. It has two inputs, as I stated earlier.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
Nope. It has two inputs, as I stated earlier.
Then I'm not sure why that works for my friend. Could it be because he has a wired headset an mine is wireless?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Then I'm not sure why that works for my friend. Could it be because he has a wired headset an mine is wireless?
If you already have a solution then why are we even discussing it? Imagining it in my mind I don't see how it would work that way but if it does then do it...
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I like cheese.
BioAftermath's Groups
If you already have a solution then why are we even discussing it? Imagining it in my mind I don't see how it would work that way but if it does then do it...
So I just need the other MixAmp is what you're saying.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So I just need the other MixAmp is what you're saying.
You need whatever he's using.

Yes, it sounds like you need the other Mixamp. Sell the wireless TX and the RX receiver thing for whatever you can get.
Date Registered: 3 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
GAFerreira13's Groups
I don't know if your problem is solved or not, but unless ou have a reson to, Don't buy Turtle Beach Headsets.
I had two friends that had bought headsets from that brand. They both sounded terrible and one of them had a faulty mic.
Date Registered: 3 August 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I'm sorry.
Signature
You ever wonder why we're here?
I don't know if your problem is solved or not, but unless ou have a reson to, Don't buy Turtle Beach Headsets.
I had two friends that had bought headsets from that brand. They both sounded terrible and one of them had a faulty mic.
I've had no issues with my Turtle Beach. Not as good as the headset that I want, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Loading ...