Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
haxman123's Contact & Social Links
Yeah sorry about textures but in my opinion the textures look really cool and different, I dont want to make it look to much like terminal. Plus the structer of terminal might be the same but like i sadi i dont want it to look too much like terminal but thanks for your honest opinion
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Well, I won't lie to you when I say I am disappointed, but let's look at it in a positive light. Candyland was a re-imagining of Ascension, and it worked out pretty good. So let's call this a re-imagining of Terminal. ;)

I loved how it felt like I was running around on Ascension, yet it was clearly not. It gave a sense of pre knowledge of the map while also offering a new experience at the same time.

I still look forward to the map greatly, but with a new perspective on what it will be. :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
well im sorry if i disapointed you but yeah i suppose your right :)

Post Merge: January 23, 2014, 12:27:37 am
Well, I won't lie to you when I say I am disappointed, but let's look at it in a positive light. Candyland was a re-imagining of Ascension, and it worked out pretty good. So let's call this a re-imagining of Terminal. ;)

I loved how it felt like I was running around on Ascension, yet it was clearly not. It gave a sense of pre knowledge of the map while also offering a new experience at the same time.

I still look forward to the map greatly, but with a new perspective on what it will be. :)

I dont mean to be frail but you have kinda put me off working on my map because im getting the feeling no one else will like it but yeah in my opinion it looks cool with these textures :/
Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:27:37 am by haxman123
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
My comment was not intended to put you off in anyway, but if I am going to be honest with you, then I will say this... if you cannot handle proper constructive criticism, then you need to man up a bit. At the end of the day, my opinion is only that of one person.

I personally would like to see a remake of terminal. To call your map terminal made me excited at the prospect of a zombie version of one of my personal favorite MP maps of all time.

I was completely honest with you that I was disappointed that you were not trying to remake it to my own expectations, but I was at least looking forward to a re-imaginging of the map instead.

Sorry... no offense was intended, but I am sick of not being able to be honest when it comes to these things without having to tip-toe around people in case I hurt their feelings.

Again, no offense was intended.

You didnt hurt my feelings at all and if you read my last post i thanked you for being honest and im being honest back. And you dont have to tip toe round me, just accept the map for what it is :/ Again i than kyoufor being honest at least you speak your mind and tbh im not one to start an argument and i dont intend on doing that, i may have worded my last post wrong but telling someone to man up over someone speaking their mind (just like you seem to do) no offence intended. Well its abit far fetched and again im glad you are looking foward to the map and also glad that you are honest with the map because now i can go back and rectify the problems clearly stated.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Well, I was genuinely being serious when I said I look forward to the map whether it is a re-imagining or a direct remake. Take zNiiC's Summit remake 'Ski Resort', or the iBarret map 'Verletzung'.

Both maps were re-imaginings as opposed to remakes, and both were pretty awesome in my opinion. Just because you are doing it different does not mean it will be poor. You are making it in your own imagining and vision, and I am sure you will do a grand job on it. The images you posted already look somewhat tasty.

With that being said, my initial argument was down to the fact that the WaW textures are extremely overused and very dated looking. For a map like Terminal, they don't seem appropriate, but you said they go inline with something you have planned regarding the EE you have intended, so do not let me put you off.

I will definitely still look forward to the map irregardless of what textures you use... it's Terminal for crying out load! :P

Anyway, don't take my comments negatively. I look forward to the map, but was only trying to offer some friendly advice is all.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
Well, I was genuinely being serious when I said I look forward to the map whether it is a re-imagining or a direct remake. Take zNiiC's Summit remake 'Ski Resort', or the iBarret map 'Verletzung'.

Both maps were re-imaginings as opposed to remakes, and both were pretty awesome in my opinion. Just because you are doing it different does not mean it will be poor. You are making it in your own imagining and vision, and I am sure you will do a grand job on it. The images you posted already look somewhat tasty.

With that being said, my initial argument was down to the fact that the WaW textures are extremely overused and very dated looking. For a map like Terminal, they don't seem appropriate, but you said they go inline with something you have planned regarding the EE you have intended, so do not let me put you off.

I will definitely still look forward to the map irregardless of what textures you use... it's Terminal for crying out load! :P

Anyway, don't take my comments negatively. I look forward to the map, but was only trying to offer some friendly advice is all.

I know dude  Thanks anyway Overall the structure of the map is epic :D
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I'm with DB here, to give such a popular awesome map massively overused WaW textures would be a shame, when you originally said terminal, i thought've terminal as it is on MW2/3 with zombies on it, that got me excited but im not as much now, but i still lookforward to your map regardless
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
haxman123's Groups
well thats a shame but as long as your excited because like i said the textures kind off fit the scene for my easter egg :/
Date Registered: 16 August 2013
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Giggity.
Signature
maps:
Undead Town
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2294.0 (Release)
Origins 1922
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2659.0
[WIP] mapping 39%, weapons 85%, scripts 65%
[/url]
RamboBadass's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
RamboBadass's Contact & Social LinksAsk merambobadassRamboDaGreat
well thats a shame but as long as your excited because like i said the textures kind off fit the scene for my easter egg :/

I think its your map texture how ever the hell you want ill love it either way !!!! don't stop you should work on this full force !  im sure they'll still play it either way lol I don't care if u texture it purple and pink (pls don't tho ) lol

Loading ...