Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
General_101's Groups
General_101's Contact & Social Linksgeneral_20776561198041863674general_207
Hello!
Welcome to the topic of my first public map and technically the second map I have ever made in radiant. I have been working on this map for about one to two months now and have made enough progress to where I feel I can show something here. The whole reason for this maps existence was due to me being a bit disappointed with UGX_Requiem and the difficulty. Requiem while a fantastic looking map gave a significant edge to the players with all sorts of new tools while the zombies felt helpless at times. I have ended more matches in Requiem due to crashes at round 30-40 than I have due to actually losing.

I have no previous experience with this so everything here is first time kind of thing. Here is a full feature list of what I hope to accomplish. Some of it has already been done.

• UGX version 1.1 (I will attempt to keep this updated with any new versions that do come out.)
  • Kino der Toten style teleporter
  • Reimplementing dogs and give them a few tweaks making them not be just a free ammo round
  • Verrückt runners
  • Ensuring a certain level of difficulty(Vague but I will attempt to expand on this.)
  • Several areas to explore
  • Eventually add several hidden easter eggs.
  • UGX jukebox (Assuming I get this to work.)
  • Hidden song
  • Hidden keys that will "unlock" perks machines.

The general setting is a type of military area with several areas to explore and hopefully plenty of detail to go along with it.

The story I have made up is that this is a sort of government building where new technologies for the purpose of warfare is shown to military types. At the dawn of the zombie invasion the area was locked down allowing only the elite and their lackeys entrance to the security of an underground vault and parts of the building. Desperate for resources teams began attempting to make wells for water unearthed an artifact. Whatever the coffin was it brought the attention of the undead and drove the weak inside mad. After a night of desperate combat and cries for mercy our heroes suddenly appear from the teleporter pad ready to relive the nightmare.

Cringey maybe but some people want stories and explanations for some reason so there you go.

Final piece is screenshots of course.
Spoiler: click to open...

Some things will look strange and broken in the pictures but they are being worked on.

As I said I would expand on the difficulty tweaks I want to attempt. I want to make the map so that camping and training happens as little as possible. A map where teammates will be the players greatest asset. I want to ensure that the player has to go out of their way to go into dangerous areas to achieve the things they want. This will entail placing the mystery box in interesting places, increasing the speed of zombies, changing some values, changing some current level geometry. I want to attempt to make sure the player can't just sit in one area and let the points roll in. I also want to make sure I keep things leveled and not make things to the point where I scare off most people. I want people to have fun making it to round 20 and beyond.

This is my my first time ever making a real map so I would be grateful for any sort of criticism you may have. Whether you feel it is personal or otherwise.

Thank you for your time!
broken avatar :(
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Well, i must say, it looks very promising mate, keep up the solid work  :D
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
Looks pretty good so far. Can't wait to see more. :)
Date Registered: 6 March 2015
Last active: 4 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
UGX Chat Moderator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I don't really know what to type here so....
Signature
MajorPwnege01's Groups
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
MajorPwnege01's Contact & Social LinksMajorPwnegeMajorPwnege1
This looks very good, so good job
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
This looks amazing. Keep up the good work
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Looks good mate. Keep up updated pls :).

Loading ...